Experience with KINGSNAKE Website - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #41
jasballs
What is this KS You speak of? The funny place with all the ph's? PHSpice is my favorite.. Or is it Ginger? LOL.. There mods Suck.. But the site really is #1 for selling.. When was the last time vpi, snakecheaper, nerd, Or the Man the Myth the Legend Ralphie. Posted any cool new morphs Here? No one will ever beat Fuanas boi. But The classifieds and forums here just Blow compared to KS IMHO..

Old 08-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #42
Wrongbeach
THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE ON FAUNA

I just want to say that the responses have been overwhelming to this post and I am pleasantly surprised and have been given hope for this hobby by this...I am new here so I really dont know much and dont claim to...from my limited point of view Jeff Barringer and Kingsnake are a cancer on this hobby that I have left alone for the last 10 plus years...Fuana is the type of community this hobby deserves where you can be open and honest and have intelligent debates if needed without worrying about being blackballed...

The fact does seem, again from my limited viewpoint that KS gets much more traffic for classifieds and seems to be an easier place to move animals...that is the only reason he has this kind of control over people making them terrified to say a thing against them...this is insane and CAN BE CHANGED if people were to spread the word that KS should be avoided AT ALL COSTS and that Jeff is a THIEF!!!!... as far as Fauna not being able to compete with KS with the amount of traffic in the classifieds I believe it is due to the interface of the site....that is an easy fix with a little money...I have many friends that create some of the best websites for the biggest companies, and I get great deals because they are friends that I do business with...Im not sure the name of the owner of this site or if they are even open to some help, financial or otherwise to change the interface for this website to make it more user and seller friendly....I would love to help out to make this happen if that is an option....

I believe the BOI here is one of the best things that this site has over EVERY other reptile community, it keeps people honest...are there issues with it, sure, but it does create some sort of checks and balances that does not exist on KS

The ONLY way to change this is for you, the people who buy snakes to speak up, tell the "big breeders" how you feel about KS, dont go to KS anymore unless it is to post to get others to follow suit...I would even go so far as to start mass posting there every day trying to open dialog with people there that might not even know there are other options for classifieds, the post will be read by some before it is pulled, and you can create a new account for free in the forums....

Repster is looking promising to me, and the guy that is putting it together seems very on the up and up, even promising to create a community that stays away from these stupid politics that seem to have overshadowed a fun hobby...AND it is based on taking the shipping headaches away from small timers like you and I...its brilliant IMHO, I really hope it takes off as a community....I think Fauna has great potential as well, the interface just looks a bit low rent to me and cluttered, again this is very fixable...

Take back this hobby from people like Jeff Barringer who obviously care nothing about the hobby and more about his pocket and whatever thrill he gets from feeling like he is someone important...which he isnt in the least...it is up to us the BUYERS, the ones who save up all of our money to pay for 1 $1000 snake to add to our collection...I really hope this stirs some people up that seem to have felt the same way about KS for a long time but have had no way of doing anything about it for fear of losing business....BOYCOTT KS and next time you buy a snake from a breeder that posts there let them know how you feel about KS and that you wish they would frequent sites like Fauna and others, most breeders will just go where the money is....and right now, the money is being spent at KS.....Ive seen companies come and go, companies that have had strangleholds on industries (which I dont believe KS does), all it takes is enough people to stand up at the same time and say enough is enough...again I thank everyone for the overwhelming responses and support, makes me feel a lot better that Im not the only one...

someone ask the website owner here if he wants a partner...

Paul Harb

Old 08-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #43
dimperdoo
I'm disappointed to see the nature of this situation - it's just bad business to fail to offer an explanation. The solution really is for more people to vote with their wallet.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #44
dimperdoo
funny - your post came across as I posted mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongbeach
I believe the BOI here is one of the best things that this site has over EVERY other reptile community, it keeps people honest...are there issues with it, sure, but it does create some sort of checks and balances that does not exist on KS
In this industry, there are a few deadbeats. And, little is more reprehensible than those who have become so jaded by the business that the care of their animals suffers to some of the debased lows I have read about. If someone doesn't package their animals properly for shipping or knowingly ships animals with problems (potentially introducing problems to someone's collection) WE should be able to let each other know.

Quote:
The ONLY way to change this is for you, the people who buy snakes to speak up, tell the "big breeders" how you feel about KS, dont go to KS anymore unless it is to post to get others to follow suit...I would even go so far as to start mass posting there every day trying to open dialog with people there that might not even know there are other options for classifieds, the post will be read by some before it is pulled, and you can create a new account for free in the forums....
vote with your wallet?

Quote:
Repster is looking promising to me, and the guy that is putting it together seems very on the up and up, even promising to create a community that stays away from these stupid politics that seem to have overshadowed a fun hobby...AND it is based on taking the shipping headaches away from small timers like you and I...its brilliant IMHO, I really hope it takes off as a community....I think Fauna has great potential as well, the interface just looks a bit low rent to me and cluttered, again this is very fixable...

someone ask the website owner here if he wants a partner...

Paul Harb
I've bought from ads on reptster - and I'd like to see it move up as well. To me - fauna should be the end-all though. I just like having the BOI - for good comments too!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #45
Wrongbeach
Well maybe I can help...

Im serious about getting financially involved with Fauna, FUANA NEEDS A MAKE OVER....if you were to change the interface of this website to make it less cluttered, more user friendly, and maybe add a few features, I think it would blow KS away...and people WOULD come here more and sell here more...someone ask the website owner if they would like to talk about some help with this...I would love to get involved if they would be so inclined...I very well might be overstepping my bounds here, but Im just throwing it out there and Im very serious...

Paul Harb

Old 08-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #46
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
Gary, name some sites other than Fauna, that are even remotely as well trafficed as KS.

It takes the people to make the change, sounds nice and cliche, but has no bite unless there is a true rival to KS.

I have made $1000 this month selling two snakes on KS. I am a small time breeder, without a website of my own. KS is almost a must for me. Until there are several huge sites, to rival KS, I have no choice but to pay my money and hope I do not get booted for some small print thing I had no clue that I did.

Fauna is a nice secondary site, but until there are three or four Faunas, KS will keep going about business as usual.

I am actually surprised that from the large number of people booted from KS, that nobody has tried to open up a rival site. I think Jeff should have a month long period where he allows people to voice their opinions without fear of being booted, and takes the critiques and uses them to better KS.
Again you missed the point. YOu bring up traffic. That would be the people. Anyone can put up a site and advertise the hell out of it.

so the move would be on the people.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #47
Gary O
Just to add to my post.

Like said. People have built forums and classifieds. Offered free classifieds. Have offered more then KS ever has except traffic. Why it is up to the people to fight through the slow times and post their ads on the smaller sites to BUILD THEM. A webmaster can not do it. They keep the lights on only.

It takes the sellers to say screw it and post the ads on these smaller sites. That will bring the traffic. Sure it would take a few months to get larger but it takes time. You can not just buy a domain and say yep I am a rival lmao.

It takes the people to make the move...................

Old 08-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #48
Serafim
Amen Brotha I know from experience how hard it is to be a rival or just people something else.. Seems alot of people do not want to give the smaller sites a chance to grow. I do feel traffic is the main reason. I can understand how a small time breeder would rather go to a site that gives them more exposure.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #49
Serafim
oops should have read Amen Brotha I know from experience how hard it is to be a rival or just give people

Old 08-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #50
NorthernRegius.com
Fauna classifies just needs traffic, it's a big site. Folks should shop here first and promote the site. KS was the first site I found when I got into keeping pythons but there are many good sites out there other than it, voting with one's wallet has already been suggested & I agree with that 100%

Back to your $$$, I'd file a dispute with my CC company if I was you... KS will have to either respond to that else you'll get your refund. Be VERY careful of TOSs in advertising though read carefully... most can work against you if you aren't careful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!