Bad Guy Richard Gary Williams (roach 75) Mites Come Free!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #41
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
If it is TRUELY diatomaceous earth, it will ALWAYS have silica in it. Diatomaceous earth is primarily diatoms which have a silica based cell wall. I would never use it in an animal's cage. However, you could spread it around the base of your quarantine rack to keep the mites from moving along the floors. Mites moving in this way is not common but it can happen if it is a short distance. The real worry with mites is that you will transfer it to other cages. You are on the right track. I actually prefer a product called reptile relief as an on snake treatment and then I use PAM on the cage and the bedding. The good thing about putting it on the actual cage is that even when you change your substrate the PAM will keep working to kill the mites if you forget to coat the new substrate (or you run out of PAM).

I got my quarantine rack a long way away from my collection and I did spray a deadly chemical around the door frame so they won't be crawling to my collection however I'm afraid they might hitch a ride on me but I keep taking showers and changing clothes. When I get the provent a mite I may go ahead and spray my collection racks just to be on the safe side. I pray mites is the only thing that came in with those snakes!

Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #42
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
I got my quarantine rack a long way away from my collection and I did spray a deadly chemical around the door frame so they won't be crawling to my collection however I'm afraid they might hitch a ride on me but I keep taking showers and changing clothes. When I get the provent a mite I may go ahead and spray my collection racks just to be on the safe side. I pray mites is the only thing that came in with those snakes!
Being far away means nothing with mites. If you have a furnace with air vents, they will hitch a ride on the air ways. They can become airbore like dust and travel around. One main reason i dont go to reptile shows at all.

Good luck with the paypal, ive had my run ins with them and no longer accept paypal on snake sales.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #43
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Being far away means nothing with mites. If you have a furnace with air vents, they will hitch a ride on the air ways. They can become airbore like dust and travel around. One main reason i dont go to reptile shows at all.

Good luck with the paypal, ive had my run ins with them and no longer accept paypal on snake sales.
Oh . I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Well that settles it I'm treating everything I own. Glad you pointed that out to me.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #44
sagespyder@yahoo.com
at a store i worked with we treated mites on snakes with snake oil, rubbed them down and let them sit in it over night without water. the next day i would rinse them off, check for mites and proceed again if i had to. to treat the containers they had a mix of mouthwash and water for me to spray everything down and scrub it out. we would also soak them in the same solution, about 10 gallons and a 1 cup of mouthwash. One i liked in particular is DeFlea Mite spray. I had a lot of success with that. I was told to spray it down and let it soak like i did with the snake oil and wiped it down. It killed the mites quickly and made them easy to remove with a hand towel. we also used the no pest strips the same was as was told, 1x1 inch strip in a perforated covered deli cup and in the rack without water over night.

You have a few options for treating the mites and but not a lot of options about working with Gray. Good luck on getting everything worked out in the end.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #45
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagespyder@yahoo.com View Post
at a store i worked with we treated mites on snakes with snake oil, rubbed them down and let them sit in it over night without water. the next day i would rinse them off, check for mites and proceed again if i had to. to treat the containers they had a mix of mouthwash and water for me to spray everything down and scrub it out. we would also soak them in the same solution, about 10 gallons and a 1 cup of mouthwash. One i liked in particular is DeFlea Mite spray. I had a lot of success with that. I was told to spray it down and let it soak like i did with the snake oil and wiped it down. It killed the mites quickly and made them easy to remove with a hand towel. we also used the no pest strips the same was as was told, 1x1 inch strip in a perforated covered deli cup and in the rack without water over night.

You have a few options for treating the mites and but not a lot of options about working with Gray. Good luck on getting everything worked out in the end.

More great mite treatment info! I actually have a great option with Richard if things get bad (like the snakes dying). I will take him to court. I won't if the amount of lose stays under $500. My Aunt says to wait to file till I know the exact amount I'm going to be out from his deception. Small claims is up to $5,000 in Florida. I'm all for going to Florida, my whole family says we could have a great vacation. That's a win win situation.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 AM   #46
Clay Davenport
Ok guys, this is a BOI thread not a discussion on mite treatment. Let's keep to the topic of the deal at hand and take other discussion to the appropriate forum.
Even though it's helpful and probably appreciated information, it just has no place in a BOI thread.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #47
Show Me
Does anyone know if all these treatment I'm doing will effect the eggs if they do go? Richard didn't guarantee for them to go but who knows if they really were even breed in the first place (may not even be female for all I know, need to buy probes) since we all know Richards word is worth nothing. I was going to be nice a give him some of the money I made if the Spider produced a Calider but now the only thing I feel like giving him is a bag of bed bugs. I have noticed both females are wrapping around their water bowls, is this a sign they may go?

Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #48
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
Ok guys, this is a BOI thread not a discussion on mite treatment. Let's keep to the topic of the deal at hand and take other discussion to the appropriate forum.
Even though it's helpful and probably appreciated information, it just has no place in a BOI thread.
Whoops didn't see that post. Sorry for asking more questions about mites. Anyway Richard is a liar and I want everyone to stay away because I don't want you to go though the same misery he gave me.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #49
Show Me
Oh I forgot to warn everyone that Richard had told me he breeds and sells rodents. If your in Florida watch out that your not buying from him as the mites could easily hitch a ride on the rats. I'm not sure were he advertises my guess is he may use craigslist or vend at local shows.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #50
Show Me
Well good news! Richard emailed me on Thursday and yesterday we talked on the phone. He's going to refund me for the late shipping since Ship Your Reptiles has a guarantee on delivery, he's also going to refund any expenses I'm out on mite treatments. He said he hasn't had his laptop because his fiancé was borrowing it, then his cell phone was stolen and just recently got internet access and a new phone. He apologized many times and said he found three mites in the calicos rack and seen the pics on here of the bags covered in mites. Rich reassured me that he didn't know they had mites or he wouldn't have sent them. He seemed very sincere and concerned. He also told me he was going to send me a spinner baby if one hatches out but I refused because that would make me feel like I was taking advantage of the situation. Very thoughtful offer though.

It's a bummer he didn't have a way to contact me as this BOI wouldn't have been made. Unfortunately I had no way of knowing that he wasn't giving me the cold shoulder and avoiding the situation. If he comes threw for me I would be willing to do business with him in the future of course he going to have to triple check them for mites next time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!