Anyone else getting tired of the abuse in the BP Classified - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #41
The BoidSmith
People fail to read the date no doubt about it but as a seller one has the responsibility to delete ads once the animal is sold.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #42
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthof9
You are 100% right in the fact that whenever I see one of your ads, I go on and post a whole bunch to bump you down and I will keep doing so as long as I am able.
Wow...How adult of you...

Old 07-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #43
hhmoore
FWIW - continuing a(n old) discussion on an existing thread is a bit different than dragging up old ads....and you (Dale) might have been better served by NOT posting your explanation, lol.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #44
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthof9
Has anyone realised that this itself is a thread that was started over a year ago? I just thought it was funny that you were talking about old ads getting bumped by people responding to them after a year or more and this thread itself is just that.

Threads are a completely different story.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #45
Seamus Haley
For whatever little it might be worth, I often suspect that the people who respond to outdated ads- or ads that have become threads find their way to the site- and that ad- through a search engine that results in only the initial post being displayed, to the exclusion of additional responses. The ad still has a date posted on it, but it's not unreasonable that someone works off an assumption that anything still posted is still avaliable, overlooking the text that indicates when it was first created.

It's *just* a suspicion on my part and doesn't inherently offer any solution other than the existing concepts of locking old ads... or having responsible sellers delete them when the animal/item is gone. It may function as an explaination for the threads that consist of leapfrogging posts along the following lines though-

Post 1: For sale! Thing.
Post 2: Thing has been sold.
Post 3: Is thing avaliable?
Post 4: Thing has been sold, the ad is six months old.
Post 5: Hey, can I have some pictures of thing?
Post 6: Thing has been sold, learn to read, jerk.
Post 7: How much is shipping of thing to place?
Post 8: Die, illiterate!
Post 9: Is thing avaliable?

Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #46
hhmoore
HEY!!! I didn't say you could use my ad thread for your little demonstration

Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #47
hhmoore
Individual information is all well and good, but when you have 8-12 (or more) practically identical animals, posting separate ads for each of them IS a bit ridiculous. Its your time, if you want to waste it, go for it...but if I were in the market, I wouldn't bother opening all those ads.
As an aside, if I am correct in my thoughts that you are the one posting in the Alternate Classifieds (I don't look at the Bearded Dragon ads, and what happens in the forum based classifieds doesn't impact me), your posting style affects a lot of people. The Alternate Classifieds don't seem to get as much traffic (and aren't targeted by the search spiders, if I remember right); so, for some of us, the main draw to using them is to have our ads show up in the Recent Ads section on the main page. You repeatedly knock everybody off that list. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a complaint from me - I could care less how many ads you post, and I don't even keep them so there is no interest or competion in my mind - just a statement. My response to you posting ads that way...I just don't utilize that section of the classifieds anymore.

Oh, btw, this thread was not started about you...it was started about something similar occuring in the BP classifieds. The basic issue was the same, so your little make-a-war situation was easily put into the existing thread (kind of like putting more than one dragon in an ad, lol). Since this subject has been brought up a couple of times, I don't recall who was being complained about in the original ad (It was either Rick,Brett, or Tim...or some combination), but the responses are pretty much the same. Remove the sellers name & the species involved, and apply it to whatever group you want - it isn't against the rules to post multiple ads, so knock yourself out.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #48
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley

Post 1: For sale! Thing.
Post 2: Thing has been sold.
Post 3: Is thing avaliable?
Post 4: Thing has been sold, the ad is six months old.
Post 5: Hey, can I have some pictures of thing?
Post 6: Thing has been sold, learn to read, jerk.
Post 7: How much is shipping of thing to place?
Post 8: Die, illiterate!
Post 9: Is thing avaliable?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #49
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Oh, btw, this thread was not started about you...it was started about something similar occuring in the BP classifieds.<snip> I don't recall who was being complained about in the original ad (It was either Rick,Brett, or Tim...or some combination)
Hell, I started the thread and don't even remember who I was complaining about...

Old 07-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #50
ninthof9
Actually, I appreciate your well thought out response but I did not say that she started the whole thread I even stated that it was ironic that the thread took a turn about old ads and the thread itself was started over a year ago. I did state that she re-started an old thread.
While, I do realise that most breeders do not advertise the way I do and I do honestly realise that many people may not open any ads past the first one. I still run my ads this way because when I myself was in search of a dragon I was getting fed up with many breeders who advertise as a group and then in calling them, you still can't get an individual photo or even a measurement. I know that if I was getting frustrated by this practice...then other people could be too. At least with my ads, potential customers can see exactly what I am offering and have up to date measurements and ages which is another thing that was frustrating. A breeder would list either a measurement or an age and how could a potential buyer see if the dragon for sale was either large or small for it's age.
I still stand by the way I advertise, it's harder and a lot more work for me but I feel I am offering a better service.
Dale

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!