Having trouble with Kingsnake.com Help Please!! Sorry, kind of long - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:54 PM   #41
sschind
I think that would depend on the content of the website. If Adam says nothing derogatory about KS.com I don't see how they can hit him with a cease & desist. There are probably ways that he (Adam) could make his case without mentioning KS.com directly but I am not sure how. Now, If he were to have his website, and put his list on there as to where to buy all the stuff that the vendors on KS are selling he might have a winner, and I might add that there isn't anything Jeff could do about it. He might want to contact the vendors of the products and get approval first though just to avoid any problems later on.

Steve Schindler

Old 12-18-2002, 11:03 PM   #42
Adam Block
Well, let's see. First off I would like nothing more then the publicity Jeff suing me would bring so I can only hope this happens. However, from a legal standpoint. If I were to start a site called KINGSNAKESUCKS.COM and use it to advertise or sell a product along the same lines as kingsnake there would be merit. However, my intent is to use it as a personal site to stait facts about kingsnake.com be those good or bad.

So it'll run down as follows if Jeff plays my game the way I want:

I'll get a cease and desist letter in the mail with an impressive number of separate laws that I have violated, a number of the supposed violations will be talking about pretty much the same kind of thing.

Then because I'm sure he's going to want to be cheap about it he'll go for the UDRP.

To win anything at this point he'll have to proove the following:

1) The site is being used for commercial purposes.
2) That I do not have a legitimate interest in the domain name. Since the site is being used to criticize and not compete that would be shot down extreemly quickly.
3) That I've registered the domain name in bad faith. This would apply if I were in competition with kingsnake.com and that is clearly not the case.

With the following said the site will launch this week. I will do one of three things, take up a lot of Jeff's time and money with him trying to sue me over something he could have been a man about and fixed with my refund, a reply to my emails or not letting his ego get in the way.

Or I will run my site in protest of his poor treatment and help others from getting caught in the ego trap of Jeff B and his God like business ethics.

Or last option would be Jeff spends a lot of time on this, some how wins and I start another site having learned from my mistakes this round.

Any way you cut it I don't see it being worth the $54, but I'll run with it to kill some time before the move and to make a point that I won't be stole from. Any fuel Jeff wants to add to the fire will be welcomed by me.

Thanks a lot for pointing out the key facts guys,
Adam Block

Old 12-18-2002, 11:11 PM   #43
Uffern
I'm not sure that's such a good idea. In today's courts, you can win monetary damages against someone for anything. If Jeff B. sues you, and seeks damages, and court costs, and wins, you and your wife and kids are out on the street. I would put a great deal of thought into this. I am all for standing up for one's principles, but that only comes after the family is taken care of.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:06 AM   #44
Classic Dum's
Quote:
thanks God I don't mind as I knew this was going to happen from day one.
Sounds to me like you set out looking for trouble, so why are you whinning about it? If you knew it was going to happen from day one, why do it? In your email you said I was acting like a child trying to play games, NO, you service sucked thats why I b!tched. What exactly do you think you are doing here? Knowing from day one you were in the wrong, but you continued, now that you have achived you goal, your jumping up and down screaming like a kid who didnt get his lolly pop. I think this is one of two things, either a set up for a law suit or your not getting enough attention from your wife so your seaking attention else where. You seriously acting like someone who is deprived of attention.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:50 AM   #45
Adam Block
Quote:
thanks God I don't mind as I knew this was going to happen from day one.
Quote:
Knowing from day one you were in the wrong
Jason, you've lost touch with the real world I think and now you're making assumptions. First off the first quote is mine and correct. I knew Jeff was going to delete my account because I knew about his ego and I knew he wouldn't be able to handle me asking why.

The second quote is yours and I have no clue where you got the assumption I thought I was wrong.

My issues with kingsnake are as follows:
So far having in essence stole my money.
Their selective censoring of ads.
Their bias towards people based on money spent.

I have more but my issue isn't that Jeff deleted my account as I've heard a lot about him and knew he would do that.

As for the legal end of it. If you're thinking about doing what I am then worry and look into it before you do anything. If you're not then don't worry about me although I thank you for your concern. I've looked into things on my end and know where the laws site. When the C&D comes I'll handle it but I went into this expecting Jeff to go legal without merit.

As a private person I'm worth a collective $12 and don't own a thing in my name. If Jeff wants to waste his time to get my $12 that is welcomed by me as I have nothing but time on my hands with the pending move. Either way, I'll spend $500 on banner ads, advertising and so on to get my $54 or Jeff will do the same to keep from giving it. I don't care but I'm not going to have $54 stole from me because Jeff has an ego issue.

Thanks for reading,
Adam Block

Old 12-19-2002, 01:25 AM   #46
jbuncc
Quote:
My issues with kingsnake are as follows:
So far having in essence stole my money.
Their selective censoring of ads.
Their bias towards people based on money spent.
none of these are against any kind of laws. it's just how he wants to run his business, that's it. he didn't "in essence" steal your money. you gave him the $54 and agreed to abide by his rules, which you didn't (thereby relinquishing your right to your money or his service) and he revoked your right to use his service. to me, he was a nice guy to refund your money (which as has been stated before, will probably be on your credit card which has been tied up and that's not his fault, so you screwed yourself there too).

if he does take you to court, you'll probably lose (where are you anyway, all he has to do is file suit in whatever state he's in and you have to show up by spending your $12 to get there) because he has the resources and you don't (right or wrong wont matter).

you know, my dad always told me to pick my fights carefully, and if i were you, i wouldn't be picking this one. you have to pick them based on right and wrong, and the likelihood of success. and kingsnakesucks.com... c'mon adam. that's really childish. and any site bashing another site with the word "sucks" in it, is not going to get a second look from anyone worth influencing with your opinion.

so, in conclusion, i say just drop it and be bitter. that's what i'd do. hell, go spend some time with your wife and kids, don't you think they deserve a little of the attention your focusing on jeff? isn't that time better spent? or are you not a family man? and instead, just a whiner? and with those two statements... what kind of example are you setting for your kids? are you throwing yourself on the floor, kicking and screaming because you learned it from them, or because you want them to learn it from you?

ok, i've wasted too much time on this. i'm going to redirect my attention to something worth paying attention to.
jb

Old 12-19-2002, 01:44 AM   #47
Adam Block
You keep saying I broke the rules and lost my account because of it. When if fact I got an email noting the ads were in violation of their TOS. I took heed and my account was canceled because Jeff didn't like how I spoke to him. I want others to know he will do the same to you regardless of weather or not you follow TOS. All you have to do is piss him off and he'll steal your money like he has mine to this point. I informed him right off the bat I wouldn't get those funds. If you're owed a refund from somebody who's choice is it to say how that money gets refunded? I owe somebody a refund right now, are you all advocating I refund it in a manner they won't ever get it? That's very bad business and you should all be ashamed for thinking much a less saying it in public!

As for being sued?

Let's make a list of other people who've tried and lost -sucks.com cases:

Lockheed Martin
Wal-Mart
Cabela’s
National Westminster Bank
Bally Total Fitness
eBay
PayPal

And the list goes on and on and on and on so I'll stop there.

If your worry is the legal end of it save your time and stop typing now.

As for my kids and family, now you're talking like I'm a sheep.

Anybody have anything to say that hasn't been said?

Adam Block

PS You can't all be scared to talk about kingsnake.com? I get plenty of emails and nobody will say it out loud other then Seamus?

Old 12-19-2002, 02:07 AM   #48
Fred Albury
Ok...back after Eggnog festival.............

Haveing *consumed* 5 eggnogs,I feel this gives me a better clearer vision of this case. Or maybe its a fuzzier, cloudier vision....be that as it may,heres a few nuggets 0' truth.

I have had similar problems with kingsnake in regards to the TOS and the use of to many characters. After a protracted, ugly battle(Made uglier by my comments) I was told that my class priviliges would be revoked and my service canceled.

Long story short, Kingsnake changed the limitations of the characters used(Not as restrictive as before) and they notified me of this new change of format. In fact they notified alot of people about it, which surprised the heck out of me.

Adam....I understand your anger. Trust me on that one. But, it isnt going to do you any good. You can start a new site slandering them or just demean their name and it wont do any good.Not a damn bit.

Bottem line: Until *someone * comes up with a solid, viable competitive option for buyers that frequent kingsnake,it will continue to be THE premier reptile website on the net. Can someone launch a better site? Of COURSE they can. But, the question is will they? People bitch about kingsnake all the time, for real and unreal reasons, but it is still damn near the only game in town if you are trying to move product. Or just sell your cute little boa you raised for 4 years. Rather than trying to lash out against the injustice you felt predicated upon you, perhaps that energy would be better spent trying to amass people and resources and technical skills to offer a viable option to kingsnake.com. Competition is a good thing, as it motivates sellers to give better service, better prices and better customer relations. Believe you me,I am rebellious as ...well,I am rebellious. But even in the states of wretched anger I have been in, I realize that the only way to change something is to make something better. I think that you will see in years to come, that someone with the drive an initiative will take on this herculean task, and who knows, they may succeed, or they may fail. But either way it spells better service and better conditions for customers period.

Me, personally,Im sending this thing back to hobby status where it belongs. I told you my observations on people in this industry and still believe those images to hold true. I'm no saint, no good guy, and certainly not major screw up free...nope I have had a few and still need to dig myself out of some of them, but I am truly tired by what I see, from vendors, from the public, from servers, from hosts, it sickens me. Be smart, do something that will make a positive effect for a lot of people, not just a short term dose of satisfaction for you. Im not trying to protect k/s from your advances, just saying that a REAL solution lies in makeing positive change, and that takes a heck of alot of work.But it is worth it.

Thank you,

Fred albury
aztec reptiles

Old 12-19-2002, 02:19 AM   #49
HerpVenue
Quote:
Jeff didn't like how I spoke to him.
Well it is his site.

When I was banned from kingsnake forums... I whined for a couple threads. Then I calmed down and realized attacking a moderator publicly was not conducive to keeping my account. But then again I did not know he was a moderator. But then again not knowing the guy was a moderator is no excuse for my behavior either. Needless to say....I should have thought a little bit more before I decided to hit the send button. Well I have paid and will probabluy continue to pay for those actions....even though I had good intentions. Like they say....The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Anyway here is my take on it. You do not like something? You do not have to go there.

Besides I decided...instead of whining about it some more....which I already have. I can either shut my mouth or come up with something better. Well I can't come up with something better......so I will shut my mouth.

Old 12-19-2002, 03:20 AM   #50
Adam Block
Fred and Ritchie I honestly owe you both a lot for those two posts! Those were some of the realest and truest words I've heard spoken on the BOI and I could tell they were heart felt.

I'm at an age where I'm old enough to know what to do but tooo young to listen to what I know. Am I pissed? HELL YES! I haven't like KS for a long time and kept my mouth shut because I needed them.

I too am truly tired by what I see, from vendors, from the public, from servers, from hosts and it sickens me as well. I guess there's little I can do about any of it in all honesty and I should just walk away at this point. I've been keeping reptiles for 23 years and haven't gone one day without owning a snake in that time. I started wanting to turn this hobby into a business right at the start of the internet and I haven't liked where the net has taken it in any way.

I've gone from 500 snakes to 20 in the last 12 months and I'm enjoying it very much!

I was ready to wage war with KS and these last two posts have made me rethink that.

I think I will just work on making impactreptiles.com a helpful positive site for people and I'll keep KINGSNAKESUCKS.COM as a very simple free speach site to voice KS issues.

Thanks a lot guys,
Adam Block

PS I love PSs so I had to add one. I'm so sick of "how much", "what's the cheapest", "I'll take it" and all the other STUPID emails! I can't tell you how happy I am to be done with them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!