Bad Guy MATT OAKLEY - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #41
Haydenphoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsnakeyez View Post
And let's not just totally bash Matt either..... Yeah his shipping method could do an about face upgrade!!!! And I also looked at the photos and seen no mites. On the more pics needed of the snot bubbles....and vet bill's.... I have purchased from Matt in the past and have had noooo problems with any of my pythons. (2) 0.2 PASTELS (1)1.0 PASTEL, (1)0.1 LESSER AND (1)1.0 MOJAVE. ALL are eating like CHAMPS!!
Quote:
I'm not choosing any one side here..... just giving a little info on the dealings I have had with Matt.... They have all been good so far.....

Hmm how do you know Matt ! Your both from the same town ??

Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #42
kbsnakeyez
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ What is it a crime too live in the same state or (town) as someone??? Let me know something on that one!!!!!!!! And like I said in the above post..... I have bought from him on many occassions. He lives 45 minutes away from me.... You have too travel thru the tunnel to where his location is too mine........

Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #43
Haydenphoto
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ What is it a crime too live in the same state or (town) as someone??? Let me know something on that one!!!!!!!! And like I said in the above post..... I have bought from him on many occassions. He lives 45 minutes away from me.... You have too travel thru the tunnel to where his location is too mine........

No banana box for one ! No flight ! There is a lot and for you to be upset for my statement makes wonder !

Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #44
kbsnakeyez
I try too mostly deal locally so this exact thing doesn't happen too me............... I am able too see my snake before i purchase and not have my finger's croosed everytime my snake is shipped!! Ie.... bad handling on way there too p*ss the snake off (by shipping company) or just bad packaging procedures.....

Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #45
critical bill
Quote:
And let's not just totally bash Matt either..... Yeah his shipping method could do an about face upgrade!!!! And I also looked at the photos and seen no mites. On the more pics needed of the snot bubbles....and vet bill's.... I have purchased from Matt in the past and have had noooo problems with any of my pythons. (2) 0.2 PASTELS (1)1.0 PASTEL, (1)0.1 LESSER AND (1)1.0 MOJAVE. ALL are eating like CHAMPS!!
Upgrade? Whats an upgrade to an uninsulated banana box? It needs to change period. That is animal abuse and neglect right there. That is cutting corners to save money. That is being greedy. That is being unprepared and taking extreme chances - with a living animal.

If that animal were shipped properly this would be a case of tough luck that just happen to occur two months down the road. I certainly couldn't look to Matt as the responsible party. Where it is now all stems from the shipping - from step one. I'm not denying the animal could have been fine through the disgusting shipping and developed something long after it was received - and/or outside the time line of Matt's own health guarantee. But to me its a higher probability that the snake developed poor health as result of Matt's shipping method. I think Trevor, in his excitement, may also very well have missed some signs of this animals developing poor health. I know if I received a snake in that sort of container I would have been monitoring it closely while in quarantine - probably even anticipating an illness to some extent and visiting a vet just to be sure. To me that's an honest and innocent mistake Trevor may have made. But that was no mistake the way that animal was shipped. No sir. Matt knows better and that was just a pure lack of caring.

I do agree that if Trevor wants a refund for vet expenses that he needs to provide paid vet bills which documents the diagnosis and courses of treatment.

I just think the quick way out of this for Matt would be to settle on a 50% refund on the snake and the entire cost of shipping. He should then vow to clean up his act and ship only above and beyond industry standards. But that's up to him. I know I currently wouldn't want anything in my collection from his. I wouldn't even purchase from someone if I knew something came out of his collection. And that right there affects you and you're probably a nice guy with an immaculate collection. But when you see crap like this who is going to take the chance? I line your pocket and maybe you'll be relining his pocket with another fantastic transaction. I don't come close to rewarding bad behavior. I don't support it and wont reward it - not even if it hurts a good person in the process. I'm not looking to piss you off, but think about that. Lots of folks think the same way here. If he doesn't make this right its not your fault but........

Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydenphoto View Post
No banana box for one ! No flight ! There is a lot and for you to be upset for my statement makes wonder !
Good answer Hayden. You have point there regarding the shipping. You're also expecting someone at your facility so it gives you a bit of time to make things appear cleaner and nicer.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #47
kbsnakeyez
And that is the exact answwer i gave also!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #48
kbsnakeyez
And yes 50% back would be the only fair thing right now... I'm not saying just stick it too Trevor..... Absolutely i'm not!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #49
High End Royal Pythons
just an fyi, i saw somewhere that matt works at a safeway grocery store in the baltimore md area. that could certainly be where the banana box came from. i don't know matt or critical bill and have no idea who is lying.

Dave

Old 09-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #50
Deborah Stewart
Thumbs down

I rarely post here but seeing people with so little respect for the welfare of their animals really makes me sick.

Some days I really wonder what goes through one’s mind that they decide to ship a LIVE animal in a less then appropriate package (whether it is makeshift box put together or a box not designed to ship a live animal) – Boxes used in the shipping of lived animals are tested and designed to withstand a certain amount of pressure, altering a box or using a box not designed to that effect means jeopardizing the animal inside the box.

1# Are people that cheap? Hard to believe in this case that one would be when they brag about making $10000 in a little over a month.
Quote:
pulled in a little more than $10k in just over one month between my 3 jobs
2# Do they care so little that they have no issue jeopardizing the life of their animal(s) and jeopardizing the ability of the rest of us to be able to ship our animals?

3# Are they that clueless? Again hard to believe in this case
Quote:
In over 5 years and almost 700 transactions
There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for an animal to be shipped in such a way, the box could have been easily crushed and lead to the animal’s death.

What is the animal had escaped from this inadequate package? (More bad press for reptile keepers, really what we need, don’t we)

Someone has a LOT to learn even though
Quote:
I have also invested about 17 years of reading, owning, and learning everything I could about reptiles and animals in general.
I guess you must have missed the chapter on proper shipping methods

Next time when using SYR, how about watching the video and read the proper way to package a live reptile if you are that clueless.

Your shipping methods are not only inappropriate (even if you only do it once) and making you look bad they can affect the rest of us as well.

Would you have send this type of package to Fedex to be certified, you would have NEVER received a certification.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!