Info Just got this from SYR - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #41
Elizabeth Minton
well both my snakes ended up arriving at 5 pm instead of early. it must have been the labaling but im not pointing fingers at either parties. i just hope this issue with SYR gets resolved quickly

Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #42
LoboGfx
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
I can't see this lasting too long as my understanding is that SYR is averaging around 2,000 packages a month right now, and it's not even baby season yet....

That's a lot of packages that are sent using a premium service. 2,000 packages at around 40 bucks a pop.... $80,000 worth of business they will be missing a month. They will be out over a million dollars in business this year that will go straight to FedEx. I'm sure once they get a chance to review the small amount of mishaps and the large amount of business on the line they will open it back up.
Agree...

I haven't receive snakes via Fedex... but (PERSONALLY) I do not like UPS.. 3 times that snakes arrive at my house, The driver Literately throw the boxes in my front door and leave, did not wait for signature or anything... Boxes clearly said "Perishable". Im not saying its UPS fault, but some drivers just dont care.. What I do now... I go to my front yard and 30 - 40 mins before arrival to receive packages in my hands.Also, delivery time varies all the time .. sometimes at 9 some at noon... never the same driver for some reason o.O

Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #43
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGfx View Post
Agree...

I haven't receive snakes via Fedex... but (PERSONALLY) I do not like UPS.. 3 times that snakes arrive at my house, The driver Literately throw the boxes in my front door and leave, did not wait for signature or anything... Boxes clearly said "Perishable". Im not saying its UPS fault, but some drivers just dont care.. What I do now... I go to my front yard and 30 - 40 mins before arrival to receive packages in my hands.Also, delivery time varies all the time .. sometimes at 9 some at noon... never the same driver for some reason o.O
I'm always outside waiting for any package I am expecting to receive. My UPS driver accused me of having the same GPS they use to know where their drivers are. The same driver stated to me that nobody in their right mind would be out in this weather (it was 5° and I was out shoveling my driveway, not waiting for any reptiles but a shipment of crickets), but who ever said I was in my right mind?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #44
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Personally Id like the climate controlled truck for a little more $$ vs 100+* in the back of a UPS truck.
Kevin - If the package was properly insulated, would it make much of a difference? Maybe a degree or two but not 15+ I would not think! Just curious as I have wondered this same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
That's a lot of packages that are sent using a premium service. 2,000 packages at around 40 bucks a pop.... $80,000 worth of business they will be missing a month. They will be out over a million dollars in business this year that will go straight to FedEx. I'm sure once they get a chance to review the small amount of mishaps and the large amount of business on the line they will open it back up.
Matt - Do you think it is SYR or UPS that put a hold on it? I wish I knew more about the situation!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #45
LauraB
Quote:
but who ever said I was in my right mind?
Uh, no one?

Sorry, SYR - it's FedEx or nuthin' for me, coming or going.
UPS is too unreliable here, in my experience.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #46
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Kevin - If the package was properly insulated, would it make much of a difference? Maybe a degree or two but not 15+ I would not think! Just curious as I have wondered this same thing.

Actually.. from my tests ... it does. I ran my packaging against that of my competitor (I create my own boxes) ... and mine held temps twice as good as thier boxes. HOWEVER.... why put your boxes to extreme temps if you dont have to. I pack for the worst and hope for the best.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #47
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
but who ever said I was in my right mind?
Remember only left handed people are in their right minds.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #48
kellysballs
I am really not to suprised that SYR service has been suspended. Because I have had a shipment come through HORRIBLY packed in a regualar cardboard box with no insulation I have decieded if the people I purchase from are not FedEx certified I will not purchase an animal that must be shipped from them.

I just like the way fed ex handles things. Yea their not perfect but they do require a box inspection so that at least people have a general idea of what they are doing with shipping. It's not fool proof but I feel the minimal effort needed to become FedEx certified demonstrates a level of commitment that I look for in a seller. (not saying anything bad about everyone who used SYR) But I have seen a few really bad shipping jobs that probably wouldn't have happened if those folks where fedex certified.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #49
The Python Lab
This really sucks for all of us, but in the end it may suck a lot more for the people at S.Y.R.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #50
Imperial Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGfx View Post
Agree...

the reason your packages have been left on your porch is because the shipper did not specify, when he set the shipping date and info, "SIGN FOR DELIVERY"...it is an extra cost with SYR b/c the driver actually has to wait for someone to open the door and if no one opens he has to write a slip....the shipper was probably trying to save an extra $5...so when your driver just leaves the package on your door...it's probably the shippers fault...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!