first baby with the craziest pattern for me...BIG downside though - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #41
saltwaterreptiles
so herptivite is a good choice then? As it uses beta-carotene. How about if as part of your gutload you use carrots as well? Is there a chance of too much Vit-A in that case? If you use herptivite should you stop using carrots as a component of your gutload?

Old 06-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #42
aliceinwl
Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll switch one group to Rep-cal with D3 and the other to Rep-cal without D3 and see what happens (I'll still use the D3 a couple times a month). The only vitamin supplement I use is Herptivite which does not contain vitamin D3. Maybe I'll pick up some vionite too and give it a try.

Cody, since herptivite contains beta-carotene, you don't have to worry about a vitamin A overdose if you also use carrots for your feeders. There is a very high threshold for beta-carotene, it is only converted to vitamin A as needed. In the cases where people have turned orange from massive doses, the color change was the only side effect. High levels of vitamin A will damage the liver, and cause birth defects, so using a supplement that contains beta-carotene instead is much safer.

-Alice

Old 06-18-2005, 04:09 PM   #43
element907
is it alive

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!