Finally GRAVID!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #41
Ian S.
he he.. Thank you jeanne.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #42
Ginger Ambrose
Congratulations !
I can honestly say that the morning sickness does get better. And as for the actual birth "piece of cake".
Been there done that 5 times. You are going to make a Super MOMMIE, Shanti.
Any questions give me a yell.
But do take everyones advice sleep.....sleep......sleep. LOL

Old 02-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #43
LeosForLess
Not too much to say about the morning sickness or anything, but my friends mom recovered a few days after the birth, which was at 1 AM. Shes already had 7 boys though... So congrats!!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #44
NicoleO
Congrats thats fantastic news and 6 years is long enough to wait for a little bundle of joy believe me I've been waiting for almost 7 years with no luck. I do have a bit of advise for your hubby because I have a severe hormonal imbalance and my hubby has seen first hand what I'd look like pregnant which is scary to say the least lol. Just tell him that everything he says will be wrong no matter what even if he agrees with you and to just take it in stride because when its all over and done with you two can look back and laugh. I hope everything goes well and don't forget its never to early to start picking out names.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #45
Linz M
Congratulations! Shanti, you will be an absolutely awesome mother -- you've got that innate motherly sense about you that is evident with your pampered geckos alone!

As for the nausea...eeewie, BAD flashbacks!! And yep, crackers are not all they're cracked up to be. The best advice I can give is to make like the Fruit Loops toucan and "follow your nose" -- the more in tune you are with that insane sense of smell pregnancy gives you, the easier it is to avoid things that will exacerbate the morning sickness/pukiness...pregnancy does funky things like making you hate the smells of your former favorite foods or places and love the taste of foods you swore you'd NEVER eat!! B Vitamins helped me a lot. So did re-connecting with my motion sickness bands that I used for car rides as a kid -- there are these little pressure points on the undersides of your wrists, an inch or so down -- like little indented pockets. Putting pressure on them using motion sickness bands or placing the thumb of your right hand on the left wrist pressure point and vice-versa might help...it helped me a lot.

PS: Friends have told me that morning sickness is the most common with twins...its that hCG hormone X 2 (or more... ) that does you in.

Congratulations to you and your husband!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #46
nwheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz M
PS: Friends have told me that morning sickness is the most common with twins...its that hCG hormone X 2 (or more... ) that does you in.
Now there's a thought!! Either way, you'll be through that part in just a few more weeks!

Congratulations Jeremy and Ian!!! Can't wait to see all the hatchling pics next fall!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #47
houdini1
I forgot to say something before,

I had morning sickness when I was pregnant with my son that just wouldn't quit. I wasn't getting the food I needed So my Doctor actually told me they have a shot they can give you and so he did, within 2 weeks it went away. i was 6 months pregnant at this point. So dont worry if it doesn't get better there is a solution. But I am sure it will. Have you started having really weird or vivid dreams yet?
Kristy

Old 02-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #48
techgirl
ugghh, man i remember morning sickness. i was sick throughout most of my pregnancy. i think i was lucky to have 2 weeks without being sick. i found that if i had some fruit juice that had B12 or candied ginger that the nausea went away for some time. i also made sure to have some crackers or a little something before i went to bed so my stomach wasn't empty for too long. it will be so worth it though. would definitely do it again when the time is right. we would like to get a house before the next one.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #49
A_Kendergirl
I have always had wierd vivid dreams, so I haven't noticed anything yet. My sense of smell is a lot better, and I learned the heard way that if it smell even a little yucky, I had better not eat it! I've also had the joy of getting up every hour to go pee last night...I'm amazed I slept at all.

Everyone is putting the twin curse on me!! Nooooooo! I HAD to get maternity pants today, I couldn't button ANY of my old pants without it being really uncomfortable. I haven't gained weight...it's all belly. So, after 3 days of using a rubber band to hold together my pants, I broke down and went maternity. I will send every person who mentioned twins (including both of our parents) a nasty-gram if I'm actually having twins. It's YOUR fault after all....you guys cursed me (how's that for pregnant logic?).

Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #50
LeosForLess
LOL i hope this isnt how our geckos feel when they have eggs.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!