I hatched a Snow Bell today! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #41
groovygeckos
Yea, jeez they will be hatching soon for most of us. Ive got some Het X Het going on now too.

DH Blazing X DH Blazing is also SUPPOSED to give you a 1 in 16 chance. LOL

Next season 1 out of 4 will be Super Snow, and homozygous for a recessive trait! If you didnt hatch your Supers this year, I mean.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:29 AM   #42
techgirl
i think those babies need to come to me kelli. i truly believe that you can do better than that and don't need those defective babies in your line.
just kidding!!! they are absolutely gorgeous and are going to be great additions to your collection. man i want some money to have one of your babies, but i promised the bf that i wouldn't get anymore animals until we get a house.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #43
Albey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGeckosEtc
Jeanne,

I'm not counting my supers before they hatch, but last year I bred my Mack snow with Tremper super giant albinos, Bell albinos, Rainwater patternless albinos, blizzards, and some other morphs. So hopefully I will hatch supers of each of the recessive traits this year. Other breeders are working on these projects too, so if my odds don't work out someone else should hit it. The odds are high, but not too bad. Breeding two snows het for bell will give you one out of 16 being the super snow bell. We are hopeful for some great geckos this year!
Hi Steve,
I must say you are a true optimist. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit the 1 in 16 odds when a Leopard Gecko only lays two eggs in a clutch? It would be great if you could carry over each laying for the year so if the Female laid 18 eggs the whole breeding season you had a chance with each eggs but it doesn’t work that way. Each clutch goes back to the 1 in 16 odds. I was amazed that Alex hit the jackpot this year with the Tremper Super Snow Albino.

Look at it this way; it took three years before any one produced a Tremper Patternless Albino. Those are the same type of odds we are going for in Super Snow Albino. Garrick DeMeyer and I were taking about it just a few days ago and I believe he told me that he had hatched out over 200 geckos before he finally hatched one out. I gave up after two years. LOL But on the other hand, Las Vegas Albino Patternless were produced the first year so go figure.

We are going to have an easier time of it though because at least if you hatch out a Albino Snow like the one Kelli hatched out at the beginning of the post you can see it because of the Co-Dom factor. Breeding two Albino Snows together you are going to have a better chance of hitting the odds then just breeding the double Hets. That is why I thought probably next year we would see them all.

With that said if any one will have the luck to hit the odds it would be you. How may people are lucky enough to buy a Mack Snow that just happens to be Het For Patternless? LOL

Good luck Bro, I hope you hit on all of them.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #44
SteveGeckosEtc
Hi Albey,
Quote:
I must say you are a true optimist. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit the 1 in 16 odds when a Leopard Gecko only lays two eggs in a clutch? It would be great if you could carry over each laying for the year so if the Female laid 18 eggs the whole breeding season you had a chance with each eggs but it doesn’t work that way. Each clutch goes back to the 1 in 16 odds. I was amazed that Alex hit the jackpot this year with the Tremper Super Snow Albino.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am optimistic about what we (the leopard gecko community) could hatch this year. I think the super snow combo morphs will be awesome.
Quote:
With that said if any one will have the luck to hit the odds it would be you. How may people are lucky enough to buy a Mack Snow that just happens to be Het For Patternless? LOL
Good luck Bro, I hope you hit on all of them.
Yeah, that was a super lucky buy! The gecko gods were smiling on me that day.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #45
BalloonzForU
Kelli!!!!! Can we get an update photo on this little beauty???? PLEASE!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!