Sara Gatto, aka clarinet45, aka Mezclado Reptilia, not to be trusted - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #41
catawhat
Thanks Alicia
And Heather, you are so right on the Karma part. Be careful of what you put out there, it WILL come back to you!

Old 01-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #42
Cat_72
Sara and I had spoken before, though I believe it was mostly in PM (though I didn't keep them, saw no need to) about my concerns of her overextending herself buying herps. I expressed much concern at her saying quite awhile back that she was worried about being able to pay bills, as at the same time she was posting about buying more animals. (That, and the attitude that she gave to some newbies wanting to learn proper care of their herps).

I've dealt with "hoarders" many times working in rescue, and while I'm not going to say that Sara is such, it is the same general theory....and it is an addiction just like drinking or gambling. They see an animal they want, and they HAVE to have it, damn the consequences. To some extent, I feel pity for such folks, but when it's the folks that try to help them get out from under their troubles or the animals that suffer......I just can't find that pity.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #43
colinu
I would like to say that I have worked with Sara in the past without any issues, regardless her actions towards her fellow breeders speak louder than with a single customer.

Needless to say, without some drastic changes she will not be receiving my business again.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #44
LadyOhh
What I don't understand is that if she cannot afford to buy materials for her animals, what is to say that she can feed and properly care for her animals?

The cost of feeding climbs higher the more animals one has...

This brings a lot of things into light, and I am concerned not only for her actions towards her fellow Herpers, but her animals as well.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #45
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
What I don't understand is that if she cannot afford to buy materials for her animals, what is to say that she can feed and properly care for her animals?

The cost of feeding climbs higher the more animals one has...

This brings a lot of things into light, and I am concerned not only for her actions towards her fellow Herpers, but her animals as well.
That would be why I expressed my concern to her to begin with. If you cannot pay your rent.......either animals are going to go hungry so you can pay it, you are going to lose your home and then where will the animals be....or you get yourself further in debt to take care of both. Any way you look at it, someone ends up getting screwed.

Don't buy/collect animals you CANNOT afford to keep.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #46
PaulSage
Harald & Sammy, I'm sorry to hear you two were taken advantage of just for being nice guys and trying to help someone out. It's one of the most sickening feelings when you come to the realization that someone you trusted doesn't have the decency to deserve and respect that trust. (I've been there way more times than I care to admit and never seem to learn from it.) Whether it's a snake, a car, or a friggin' roll of Lifesavers, that disregard for honesty and trust is despicable.

Harald & Sammy, the world needs a lot more people like you.
Sara, well...

EVEN IF Sara pays Harald and Sammy back, I'd question whether or not she can reconcile the grief she's caused.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:21 AM   #47
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage

Harald & Sammy, the world needs a lot more people like you.
Sara, well...
You know, I think I can fill in that blank without saying something that would earn me a warning point afterall...

Sara, SHAME ON YOU for discouraging and punishing good people.

There.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #48
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Now it says: Last Activity: 01-15-2007 04:31 PM
Trader Rating: (5) [Rate This User!]
Warning Level: 0

So she came in and looked, but did not comment. It does not look as though I will be leaving my good vote on the GGC for her.

Sara, you need to make both of these right.
Sad, real sad. Ignoring this won't make it go away Sara.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #49
hhmoore
Thanks to all whom have commented here...and especially to the few that offered to step up and make the payment to me. Those offers were truly heartwarming, and spoke wonders of the type of people in this community.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #50
hhmoore
BTW - lest there be any doubt...Sara was NOT one of those people

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!