Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 50 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:29 PM   #491
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
In my opinion, this situation does not warrant a "bad guy" for either party. A trade was discussed, one party wanted more personal information than the other party was willing to provide, so the trade did not happen. Should be a "no harm, no foul" situation. I don't think Mr. Coral was out of line in asking for the information, nor do I think that Mr. Taylor was out of line in declining to provide it.
Exactly. Jason posting this here just shows his true character, so I'm glad he posted it.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #492
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bradley View Post
I'm not sure this should be included in the BOI bad guy hall of fame but it does show a certain level of paranoia from Robert that I try and avoid in my own sales and trades. Nobody wants the get ripped off, and a certain level of precaution should be taken, but I'm never sending someone that level of personal information, to me it is a bit more intrusive than I am willing to deal with
I've been ripped off one too many times. Honest people have no problem providing an ID. It's asked of you anytime you pay for something in person using a credit card. I would've taken ANYTHING he was willing to offer to provide SOME type of assurance, but he would not give anything whatsoever. And so the deal was not made. No big deal.

But now he throws this on here and makes it a bigger deal than necessary. His ultimate intent is obvious to anyone who reads this.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:48 PM   #493
TheSerpentarium
Here's PROOF that this "bad guy" post was never valid in the first place.

Even after 11 years since this post was made, Bill and I are STILL doing business together.

If Fauna truly takes the BOI seriously - in being accurate, fair, and honest - then how about correcting this "bad guy" post once and for all(?).

Old 01-23-2020, 11:43 PM   #494
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerpentarium View Post

If Fauna truly takes the BOI seriously - in being accurate, fair, and honest - then how about correcting this "bad guy" post once and for all(?).
For one thing, you have seen that characterizations can change over time, Fauna is not in the business of being judge and jury and proclaiming for the eons who is right and who is wrong.
I think you misunderstand the value of the BOI. It is here so that each party can present their point of view. The readers decide who they believe about the presented information to make informed choices in buying or selling. As we have seen, whether someone is a good guy or a bad guy is a matter of perspective and can change over time. A fake good guy or bad guy thread is usually seen though after questions and discussion, but is valuable nonetheless to show how the parties have behaved and should be left in place for that purpose.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:49 PM   #495
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
For one thing, you have seen that characterizations can change over time, Fauna is not in the business of being judge and jury and proclaiming for the eons who is right and who is wrong.
I think you misunderstand the value of the BOI. It is here so that each party can present their point of view. The readers decide who they believe about the presented information to make informed choices in buying or selling. As we have seen, whether someone is a good guy or a bad guy is a matter of perspective and can change over time. A fake good guy or bad guy thread is usually seen though after questions and discussion, but is valuable nonetheless to show how the parties have behaved and should be left in place for that purpose.
Fair enough.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #496
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Exactly. Jason posting this here just shows his true character, so I'm glad he posted it.
I asked you “do you use faunaclassifieds”, that answer was ignored. So after I googled “Robert Coral faunaclassifieds boi” this was the only thread on the first page, I didn’t get to the second page. If you search “Robert coral” on faunaclassifieds this is one of three that come up and the other were about the serpentarium buy out, however this is the first to pop up. I gave you over 100 references in faunaclassified members and would have given more if needed. Yet what did you offer me, no references, no I.d., no assurances. Be my guest and search google for “Robert coral faunaclassifieds boi”, to see what comes up. Had you said “yes I use faunaclassifieds and here is my boi”, would have save me the trouble of picking the first one that popped up.

Any post that are blacked out are moderator forums, I did leave one portion showing that would show that it wasn’t a boi.

In the end, I am nobody to you and the same of you to me, I offered up references, received none in return and I posted my experience on the first thread I found. When I said “do you use faunaclassifieds” you could have easily sent me a link.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2020, 08:22 AM   #497
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Here's PROOF that this "bad guy" post was never valid in the first place.

Even after 11 years since this post was made, Bill and I are STILL doing business together.

Again, you are manipulating the words, that’s not even what the original bad guy thread was about. To me it seems like a big company taking advantage of a small guy, is what this thread is about originally. I started reading this thread after you sent me the last email and I seen how you tried to manipulate everything like it was my fault in our emails, things started to sound familiar. The best predictor of the future is the past, just allowing the information to be seen. I had no part in the derailment of this thread years ago, or are you now saying it is about the serpentarium buy out?

I copy/pasted your bullet points from your last email

- I'm known in the industry you are not.I think this is wrong
- You weren't willing to ship first, I was. You supplied no references, no I.d., you were the one asking to trade, you reached out to me. Industry standard, the person asking for the trade typically ships first.
- You would only accept Friends & Family for the payment, which offers me zero protection. Again, not true. I didn’t want to absorb the fees after you offered 200.00 less than what I had already quoted you.
- You wouldn't show ID. You got me here, when someone orders something from you do you show your I.d.
- You wouldn't allow me to ship to your house or business, only a hub.I have no problem showing you my past shipping history, it’s not uncommon for someone to have animals shipped to a hub and not there home or business.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #498
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
I asked you “do you use faunaclassifieds”, that answer was ignored. So after I googled “Robert Coral faunaclassifieds boi” this was the only thread on the first page, I didn’t get to the second page. If you search “Robert coral” on faunaclassifieds this is one of three that come up and the other were about the serpentarium buy out, however this is the first to pop up. I gave you over 100 references in faunaclassified members and would have given more if needed. Yet what did you offer me, no references, no I.d., no assurances. Be my guest and search google for “Robert coral faunaclassifieds boi”, to see what comes up. Had you said “yes I use faunaclassifieds and here is my boi”, would have save me the trouble of picking the first one that popped up.

Any post that are blacked out are moderator forums, I did leave one portion showing that would show that it wasn’t a boi.

In the end, I am nobody to you and the same of you to me, I offered up references, received none in return and I posted my experience on the first thread I found. When I said “do you use faunaclassifieds” you could have easily sent me a link.

Everybody who reads this response from you, and reads the email conversation we had, can judge each of our characters for themselves.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #499
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Again, you are manipulating the words, that’s not even what the original bad guy thread was about. To me it seems like a big company taking advantage of a small guy, is what this thread is about originally. I started reading this thread after you sent me the last email and I seen how you tried to manipulate everything like it was my fault in our emails, things started to sound familiar. The best predictor of the future is the past, just allowing the information to be seen. I had no part in the derailment of this thread years ago, or are you now saying it is about the serpentarium buy out?

I copy/pasted your bullet points from your last email

- I'm known in the industry you are not.I think this is wrong People may not know me by name, but they sure know and use all of the reptile companies I own.
- You weren't willing to ship first, I was. You supplied no references, no I.d., you were the one asking to trade, you reached out to me. Industry standard, the person asking for the trade typically ships first. I offered you much more than ID. I told you all the businesses I own and 6 different retail stores you could find me at. You offered zero assurance.
- You would only accept Friends & Family for the payment, which offers me zero protection. Again, not true. I didn’t want to absorb the fees after you offered 200.00 less than what I had already quoted you. It's called negotiating.
- You wouldn't show ID. You got me here, when someone orders something from you do you show your I.d. If needed, yes.
- You wouldn't allow me to ship to your house or business, only a hub.I have no problem showing you my past shipping history, it’s not uncommon for someone to have animals shipped to a hub and not there home or business. This was just one of many things that made me not trust you. Again, zero assurance I would get my end of the deal after I shipped first.
You're continuing to drag this out and it's unnecessary. If you want to do the deal, let's do it. If not, then no big deal.

I already said I would ship first and take the risk. You're not willing to take any risk at all. We've established that.

Old 01-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #500
Lucille
Quote:
At no point did I ask for "friends and family", I did ask for "no fees" because he'd already offered 200.00 less.
I think this is an important distinction. To me, unless you are f&f, using f&f has all sorts of negative connotations. A buyer can arrange for no fees by using another payment method.

As far as the ID thing, I personally don't think it is out of line in general to ask for someone's ID in a transaction. In this day and age though there is a lot of ID theft going on, and you know if you've read the BOI for over 5 minutes that there are scammers uninterested in reptiles who may be interested in harvesting IDs.

What, to you two, is a good compromise?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!