JENNIFER HARRISON GOOD GAL!!! - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #501
RJK890
Sorry Dennis,
I didn't see your post until after I submitted mine. I did censor my post, but would have censored Sammys quote if I had seen it.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #502
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Let's take it easy with the profanity.
I was thinking about you Dennis. Thats why I wrote F of Bitch! Instead of FU Oh never mind you get it..

Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #503
johns6068
How many of you sent not even a penny let alone $5 or $10 dollars...Wouldn't it be worth saving your own butts if it only took only $5 dollars out of your own pockets put towards this research she work so hard to start. Research that probably 99% of us would have never done if we where in the same boat as her. She is hurting for money she has made bad choice's because so...partly because she spent money on something to benefit this community who in returned has done nothing more then turn their backs on her. Shame on you all who done so!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah the truth hurts and that's why I expect there is so many angry reactions here from you guys as to when she basically called you guys out. Good for her

JOHN

Old 08-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #504
leasa
Some one made a good point. How many people have bought animals from this guy over the last few years? No one really knows if these animals are carriers or not. Even if they appear healthy, there is a chance they are still carriers, and no one really even knows when this first surfaced in his collection. There could have been deaths or problems prior to this coming out, and he just never said anything, until it became something that couldn't be hidden. That sucks.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #505
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by leasa
Some one made a good point. How many people have bought animals from this guy over the last few years? No one really knows if these animals are carriers or not. Even if they appear healthy, there is a chance they are still carriers, and no one really even knows when this first surfaced in his collection. There could have been deaths or problems prior to this coming out, and he just never said anything, until it became something that couldn't be hidden. That sucks.

Wyatt produced and sold thousands of snakes every year -- sure it's possible that if he had it for a while that there could be a lot of exposure and carriers -- but as is evident by Jens experience this cannot hide especially in large collections - if it had been there for a while it would have been killing of thousands upon thousands of animals by now. Unless of course under proper quarantine and care it really doesn't spread and infect like it did in Jens case.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #506
leasa
True, but also true that the larger the group, the higher the chance that some carry instead of die. Plus, after reading this, even Jen's deaths were spread out, with several taking months or longer to show symptoms. Plus, her other snakes, prior to freezing, were acting healthy, either because they were, or because they just were not showing symptoms yet, or were carriers. T, you talk to the vet, what does he say for time line on this. Have they used a kill time line during their research? Have they found which practices have been able to kill this strain, or what causes it to mutate? Has he been able to give you any advice on prevention, or testing? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #507
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns6068
How many of you sent not even a penny let alone $5 or $10 dollars...Wouldn't it be worth saving your own butts if it only took only $5 dollars out of your own pockets put towards this research she work so hard to start. Research that probably 99% of us would have never done if we where in the same boat as her. She is hurting for money she has made bad choice's because so...partly because she spent money on something to benefit this community who in returned has done nothing more then turn their backs on her. Shame on you all who done so!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah the truth hurts and that's why I expect there is so many angry reactions here from you guys as to when she basically called you guys out. Good for her

JOHN

Yeah, OK. This post isn't angry but my perspective. I've donated to a lot of people and causes over the years and was very glad I did so even when the outcome of what happened with the funds was not what has advertised or even suspected at the beginning.
Each person weighs a situation and decides if they wish to contribute to such a "cause". If they choose not to there is no shame. To attempt to shame those who didn't contribute to this situation and its particulars, well, I can think of some colorful words that Sammy used but I will refrain. As mentioned many offered varies things. Sorry, if it wasn't always cold hard cash.

I weighed the situation after the first thread (Wyatt's thread) and Jen's initial post about contributing to her Vet Bill. Posted on 12-10-2007.

Five or Six days after she made that post she made another about purchasing more animals. As far as I'm concerned, I thought the priorities were not inline with what I thought was appropriate. I wouldn't have the nerve to ask anyone to help to contribute to such a situation and state how expensive it is, welcome donations, then actively seeks out to purchase more animals. Just my opinion. So, I stopped reading about the donation requests soon after and didn't even know that she later asked for donations to be sent to the researching Vets until recently.

By the way, what about the animals being housed at the Vet Tech's house?
What happen to them?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #508
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns6068

JOHN
So John tell us... How much have you donated to this cause? Nobody has turned their back on Jen. I still think she is a good gal. I just choose not to get sucked into this thread. The back and forth is solving nothing. I never said I would send a dime or said I would send animals. I am a hobbyist breeder and do not have extra animals to spare. But if jen really needed something I had,I would gladly give it to her. Same goes for anyone else sitting in Jens shoes.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #509
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by leasa
True, but also true that the larger the group, the higher the chance that some carry instead of die. Plus, after reading this, even Jen's deaths were spread out, with several taking months or longer to show symptoms. Plus, her other snakes, prior to freezing, were acting healthy, either because they were, or because they just were not showing symptoms yet, or were carriers. T, you talk to the vet, what does he say for time line on this. Have they used a kill time line during their research? Have they found which practices have been able to kill this strain, or what causes it to mutate? Has he been able to give you any advice on prevention, or testing? Thanks in advance.
At the time I emailed the Dr. he was fairly clear that at that point he had "no idea what to expect from the new virus". He offered up some background and theories based on other cases viruses, etc. but made it clear that they were just that and until further research was done the bottom line was we just don't know.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #510
johns6068
Serafirm, Dennis

Serafirm...As of right now I have sent $100 I gave to the area where she made the request to have help given.

Dennis....Yeah anyone can find a reason here not to donate. Heck I can myself (lol) But it takes a real perosn to help another out even when they have made mistakes and not just walk away or spit on them(colorful language) or turn thier backs. I wasn't trying to make people feel shameful. The shame one feels is from choices he or she made themselves. Not what another person can impose on them. If one did nothing wrong he or she will feel no shame I have never felt any shame nor should anyone else in this matter =) Unless... I won't go there =)

I'm not here to make enemies. I will be here to help the next person out who falls in the same spot as Jen did. No matter how colorful thier language was or thoughts was Cause I'm affraid we haven't seen the last of this virus.

This all being said I decided not to bring this topic up anymore on here cause my intentions where never to force anyone to help. I was simply trying to explain where she needed help. So many seem to be stray as to where it is needed. I've done my part and will continue to help and stay in contact with Jen. I just don't want things here getting worse then they have already because of something I said. I value and want to respect the choices of those who choose what ever they want to do in this matter =) I would say I'm sorry to those who feel shameful from what I said...but it wouldn't make sense with the first part of this to Dennis (lol)Sorry=( I hope to contiue to be on good terms with you all. I'm Sorry if you feel we can't be =(

JOHN

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!