Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale ... WARNING - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #501
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal
BILL I HAVE A NEW TWIST ON THIS. I PURCHASED BOAS FROM TWO DIFFERENT BREEDERS THIS YEAR. THE ONES I HAD AT THE SHOW CAME FROM TEGUS FOR YOU. LATE LAST NIGHT I SPOKE WITH THE OWNERS WHO HAVE PHOTO I.D. OF EVERY SNAKE THAT THEY PRODUCED. GUESS WHAT NOT A MATCH WITH ANY OF THEIR OFFSPRING. I HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE SNAKES THAT CAME FROM THIS LITTER AND I ALONG WITH THE BREEDER CONTACTED EVERYONE YESTERDAY. GUESS WHAT AGAIN, NOT ONE PERSON HAS HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH A SNAKE. Don't miss this next part. WHILE IN CHURCH YESTERDAY MORNING I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A GUY CLAIMING TO KNOW RON. HE WENT ON TO SAY THAT HE BOUGHT A SNAKE FROM ME AT THE SHOW, BUT THAT RON DID NOT. HE SAID THAT RON COULD NOT REMEMBER WHO HE BOUGHT THE SNAKE FROM AT THE SHOW. HE WOULD NOT GIVE ME HIS NAME. HOWEVER I HAD THE CALL LOOKED AT BY MY NEXTEL ACCOUNTING, AND IT CAME FROM A PAY PHONE IN RADNOR PA. HE WENT ON TO EXPLAIN HOW RON HAD ASKED HIM TO HELP HIM WITH DETERMINING WHAT VENDORS WERE AT THE SHOW AND HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. THEN RON WANTED MY NAME AND HELP REMEMBERING WHAT I LOOKED LIKE. HE ALSO ADDED THAT THE SNAKE IN THE PICTURE WAS NOT THE SNAKE THAT DIED BUT ONE THAT ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR FRIENDS OWNS.
Have any proof of any of this? How did you contact the people with snakes, when you said you didn't do receipts to keep track of them? Anonymous third party quotes are not fact.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #502
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Allen....I don't know what kind of ID pics that breeder takes on each and every boa they sell......but I don't know how they could possibly make an ID either way from the picture shown.
How does Allen know who he sold them too? He said he didn't keep track.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 AM   #503
big daddy's wholesal
Wild Bill the guy called me. I did not call him.

Allen Belcher

Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #504
big daddy's wholesal
I understand your question now. I contacted the people that I know have babies from that litter. We sale alot to other vendors and petstore, who I either know well or do give receipts for their tax purposes.

Allen Belcher

Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 AM   #505
Cat_72
Noooooooo Bill......Allen said that the breeder he purchased some of the boas kept photo IDs of each baby, and that breeder looked at the pic posted by Ron, and said it was positively not one he produced. And I said I don't know how anyone could make a positive ID either way from just the pic that Ron posted, it shows very little of the animal, really. Especially considering that most ID shots are taken from overhead, while this is showing just the head and about 3 "bads" along the body.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #506
Cat_72
*bands, not "bads".

I'm getting confused with people posting while I'm typing, sorry. LOL.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #507
Bill & Amy
Quote:
WE HAVE NOTIFIED THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT WE KNOW TO HAVE PURCHASED BOAS AT THAT SHOW AND NONE HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS EITHER.
Quote:
You said you bought it from me. I said I will refund your money, not even knowing you or the transaction was with me.
Quote:
I do not give receipts unless the customer asks for them.
Quote:
I HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE SNAKES THAT CAME FROM THIS LITTER AND I ALONG WITH THE BREEDER CONTACTED EVERYONE YESTERDAY.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #508
Bill & Amy
Quote:
I understand your question now. I contacted the people that I know have babies from that litter. We sale alot to other vendors and petstore, who I either know well or do give receipts for their tax purposes.

Allen Belcher
But that doesn't account for all of them or you would'nt have had any to sell at the show, correct?

Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #509
big daddy's wholesal
That is correct Bill. We contacted the people that we knew had babies from this litter and spoke to them.

Allen Belcher

Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #510
Chameleon Company
Allen,
At this point in time, IMHO, you don't have anything to answer for. Folks here want to parse phrases to try to give the appearance of a contradiction, while IMHO it seems clear that you had the ability to contact the provider of at least some of your animals, as well as others who received animals from the same provider. You also had the ability to contact some of the people you vend to, particularly other wholesalers/retailers.

As pointed out, it is clear that you have no proof about Ron being truthful or otherwise. And only you know about the phone call. It is even possible that the phone call was real, but the info in it was made-up. I for one found a couple of Ron's actions questionable, beginning with his coming here before contacting you. I found your offer to refund money several weeks down the road to someone you had no knowledge of selling to, who also could not prove he bought from you, as exemplary.

Lastly, this quote from Ron stuck in my crawl:
Quote:
And after days of searching and realizing how much i may be paying for animals in the future, i would hate to have them all die and me lose out on my hard earned money...see im not in retail, i labor, i kill myself every day for my money, so to lose out on it and a collection of beautiful animals because someone only cares about money and not the hobby would suck.
Ron, I don't want to read too much into whether or not there are specific insinuations here, but this raised both eyebrows:

1) Eyebrow #1: This purchase was a big deal for you, what with killing for your money and all. You not only get no receipt, but your inability to provide certain info about who you bought from seems remarkable. I would think that you could describe many things about the individual, the table, etc, to a "T". Instead, in an earlier post, you indicate that the seller had no time for you, and yet you made the purchase anyway, again with that hard earned money. I usually try to buy from vendors who care enough to earn my money. Personally, I could drive a truck through the holes in your account.

2) Eyebrow #2: IBD will show up in the stock of wholesalers who care. The onus to keep your future collection clean will be on you. In the lower-end boid market, which is where you bought, IBD will always lurk. Its a scourge. If you ever have a collection worth protecting, it will be your quarantine procedures that protect it. Using as much info as you can get about vendors will help, but a bad assumption by you could be what wipes out your animals. While there are no animals out there that would be exempt from quarantine because of who you bought them from, this risk increases exponentially the cheaper the animal, as those are the ones that change hands often, are kept in groups, etc., prior to making it to the consumer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!