Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 54 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:15 PM   #531
Darin Chappell
Given the following:

1. This thread was about seeking opinions on a deal gone bad with Tim,

2. Those opinions have been given, and they are nearly unanimously one-sided, agreeing that Tim was in the wrong on this deal,

3. Tim is not going to make things right with Matt over this deal

4. Matt is not going to let Tim slip away from or forget about any of this,

5. Scott, while agreeing that Tim shipped a sick animal, disagrees with Matt's assertion that he knew nothing about its condition beforehand and is not going to stop defending Tim's basic postion,

AND

6. Tim will not address any of the substantive issues relating to this thread,

My question is, what is it, exactly, that any of us hope to gain by not letting this piece of trash interchange sinking to the bottom of the BOI? I mean, we all know where everyone stands, and anyone questioning the business ethics/practices of Tim will simply do a search on him and see this, so why keep hoisting it back to the top only to get more of the same that we have gotten for the last fifteen pages or so?

Just my opinion; take it as you wish. However, I won't be responding here again unless something really substantive breaks in the issue.

Old 10-15-2003, 04:19 PM   #532
Ghi Reptiles
Angry Court Date

Unfortunately we have gotten to the point of a court date with this deal. It is set for November 24th. It's very sad that it has come to this but when you look at what I had to pay a huge sum of money for (up front) and was told I would not be getting any money back by two people, what else is there that could have been done? I have been in the business for a long time and have never run across anything like this before and it depresses me that this could happen in a hobby and business that I love so much !

Old 10-15-2003, 06:04 PM   #533
DISCERN
Matt.......

I wish you the best my friend!

Things like what you are doing is worth it, in my opinion, not only for the good of this business and keeping it free from those who are not honest but for the poor snake that suffered as well.

Keep us posted!

Take care!
Billy Fraser

Old 10-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #534
jim scharphorn
Gald to here this Matt. Go get the scum bag.

P. S. Give me a call.

Old 11-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #535
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Since King Lerer won't post it.........

I will.
Quote:
Quote:
The Dark Grove
Herp Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-New post-

My test came back finally, the animal is negative for the paramyxo.

...Either way, whether I'm right or wrong on that issue , what CAN be proven is that you have had in your possesion one of the most deadly and highly contagious Herp viruses known...

Way to go King Leher!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mondays suck" ..... Garfield

Ralph "good boy, sit " Chapman
More to come soon.............

Old 11-14-2003, 05:41 PM   #536
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Questions........details please

It's been a while and I am afraid I have simply forgotten or never knew..............

Who is "The Dark Grove"?

What forum or if it was this forum, which thread was this posted in?

Is there a vet report to attatch to the statement "The animal is negative for Paramyxo(Is that spelled correctly?) ?

Is there still going to be a court hearing?

Thanks

Old 11-14-2003, 06:07 PM   #537
MSRHINOVIPER
I would like to know the same thing. Even if your did check out good what about all the other snakes you sold and still have have?

Old 11-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #538
Thumbs up

Some things for you all to consider now that he is finally telling the truth about his CDC style of quarantine.

Especially those that have believed him about his tight quarantine practices.

Quote:
Ghi Reptiles
Herp Nerd

-New post-

...the eye-spotter that tested negative.......the one that Kevin owns......was in the same tree and on the same branches.......in the same timeframe as the female that tested positive...I used the same tongs to feed them, held both of them in the same timeframe, and did water changes one right after the other. As a matter of fact....I bought the three at the same time....from the same place.....and the...male eye-spotter were housed together at Ben's in the same tub. That means when they were drinking the same water in that tub. That was 17 months ago...Even Jim's eye-spotter was on the same branches as the dead eye-spotter and was fed with the same tongs while she was enjoying her stay here at my place.

...at that time I never heard of Paramyxo so I had no worries of healthy looking animals once they fed well for me so all of them were in the same tree from one time or another and ALL were definately fed with the same tongs...

Good luck with yours Jimbo.........and anyone else whom purchased animals from him.

Since he has been misrepresented his quarantine practices to everyone, you have to ask yourselves this one important question,

"What else could he be misrepresenting to all of you?"

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Old 11-15-2003, 10:11 AM   #539
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Tim that still has nothign to do with the animal coming from you with Paramyxo. The timeline after you got it and sold it to him rules out that the Paramyxo came from his collection but rather it came from yours. No matter what games you try to pull YOU are the one that sent it to him in that condition and YOU are the one that tried to mask its health problems by giving Sub-Q injections.

Old 11-15-2003, 10:30 AM   #540
You should really read up on the virus and the tests results and know what your talking about before you speak Rob. You have only heard one side of the story and believed it all.

So lets say for a hypothetical conversation that all my animals tested negative(with exception of the one that alleged to be positive), now what can you say Rob? That's right Rob, nothing intelligent but oops I guess I was a sucker for believing only one side of the story.

With any luck we will find out soon enough what the courts will say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread