Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 56 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #551
Wilomn
I must have missed it. What are the liars over there doing responsibly? Threatening anyone and everyone who dares expose them for the liars they are.

usark has let us all down with turn about.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #552
aSnakeLovinBabe
"lonewolfrider" who is this guy and why does he care so much???? I feel like he googles ballbids.com threads just to dig them up. he keeps digging up old threads on iHerp and trying to defend this sad excuse of a website. But by the way he writes his posts he makes it seem as if he IS the one running ballbids. But he claims to be just a guy defending the site? or am I missing something? I only know because I get the email notifications. There is a reason we told him to beat it on iHerp...

Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #553
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
"lonewolfrider" who is this guy and why does he care so much???? I feel like he googles ballbids.com threads just to dig them up. he keeps digging up old threads on iHerp and trying to defend this sad excuse of a website. But by the way he writes his posts he makes it seem as if he IS the one running ballbids. But he claims to be just a guy defending the site? or am I missing something? I only know because I get the email notifications. There is a reason we told him to beat it on iHerp...
'Lonewolfrider', AKA Mark Byers, appears to be the father of Zack Byers the president of Ballbids.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #554
Dragoon189
I wonder why anyone would have financial ties or risk financial information on a site that gets hacked and shut down? cyber security issues on a store site mean stay away.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #555
Dragoon189
I really don't see why everyone is so angry anyway. They rarely have snakes up for sale, they auction bids and almost nothing else. Any new person looking to breed is told to go for 2-3 trait females and later a 3 trait male and I have not seen anything like that from them.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #556
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon189 View Post
I really don't see why everyone is so angry anyway.
I can't speak for everyone, I can only speak for myself. Even if only a few snakes are sold, they should have done so in an above board, ethical manner.

Their beginning advertisements showed snakes for only a few dollars, but to me that advertising was fraudulent as those snakes were never actually sold for that amount, and later a representative of the company said that those were 'just examples of what a snake could sell for'.

The have been rude, snarky, and instead of answering to questions have created a ridiculous self serving site that they link to incessantly, that appears to have no proof of any allegations they make.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #557
Dragoon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I can't speak for everyone, I can only speak for myself. Even if only a few snakes are sold, they should have done so in an above board, ethical manner.

Their beginning advertisements showed snakes for only a few dollars, but to me that advertising was fraudulent as those snakes were never actually sold for that amount, and later a representative of the company said that those were 'just examples of what a snake could sell for'.

The have been rude, snarky, and instead of answering to questions have created a ridiculous self serving site that they link to incessantly, that appears to have no proof of any allegations they make.
I do agree that the "possible prices" is false advertising and I have read the board to some extent and I have flagged a few of 'daddies' posts for being a jerk too. I truly think the auction style they chose will disenfranchise users as time passes. I see the site as little threat with the 'blackball' that this trade can bring upon a name I don't see them being capable of keeping the model going. If he buys from breeders they risk their own name and won't be involved for long. If he produces his own he limits what he can sell by what he has and the years of work to produce anything that will garner real attention. It is not like anyone outside of ballbids has posted anything nice about them and in the long run will hamper future business unless they can make nice with the reptile community. Maybe they will make a massive donation to USARK? Just to throw something out there.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #558
Lucille
I would guess Ballbids probably has an attorney going around and threatening legal action and it is possible they sent a letter to USARK and asked for a retraction.

Certainly one can see from their responses on this thread that Ballbids is going to extraordinary lengths to create and promote the vision of their company that they want the public to see.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #559
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
USARK has done a 180. The phrase "Neither do we condemn individual businesses or business models that engage in these activities responsibly." What about ballbids has been responsible?!?
Excellent point.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #560
Dragoon189
I was wondering exactly what USARK retracted, now I know thanks to the ballbids lawyer lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp