Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 59 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #581
ravensgait
Wow this is just getting really really sad. Another supposed good guy has bit the dust(well Bill should take some heat off of you now) You give these people your trust and they yank the ground out from under you(as well as your money)

I jokingly made a comment early in this thread """"(Comment reminds me of some energy company in Texas and we know how that went)""""
The gee everything is fine we have a great rep give us your money and poof...

I remember how upset people here got that some wouldn't change their good guy vote for Bill. Hope that doesn't happen again. Yeah Chris is proving to be a bad guy but what people decide to do with their vote is up to them. Randy

Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 PM   #582
KNOBTAIL
DAVID, your correct, with one exception

I am willing to bet that if Chris owns a home then their is a mortgage and the bank becomes the first lien holder. After that I am sure other people such as credit card companies, etc would be in line if any additional revenue were avaiilable. Where do you think a reptile creditor would fit in this equation?

If he is a tenant, then its a mute point. Here is the point. Which should be considered. I saw allot of this while being in the Police Dept. pressure is placed upon the debtor until it becomes an issue of fraud and that can turn into jail time............As far fetched as this scenerio may seem, if Chris is taking or has taken money willfully , and knowing full well that their would be no animals to ship, then I can very easily see why he would be sick!!!!

It is no longer a case of civil litigation, but criminal. I was involved in one case that ended up that way. As it turned out, the party in question made restitution by borrowing money from relatives and friends to pay back the creditors to avoid felony charges. I dont know where we stand at this point, but I believe we could be looking at maybe several thousand dollars at this point, and it could go higher. The fact that animals were sent does not justify a completion of the obligation of TSE because as we already saw that their is a very serious question of disease, which we know was precipitated before it reached the consignees hands.

Also, I think that Nicolas did everyone a favor by having the vet provide an email that would easily be used in court as additional proof if it becomes necessary to pursue this criminally or civily if it comes down to that.

It certainly is getting interesting!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #583
KNOBTAIL
Just one other point

I would be willing to bet that TSE and Chris's business address as well as his business checking is his home address, and his checking account is a personal one. Which if you really want to stir a hornets nest, contacting the IRS or NYS sales tax would really nail the coffin shut. I know from myown dealings with NYCPD, that this tool was a potential threat in resolving many disputed charges of corrupt operations that prayed on innocent people.

Their is also one final scenerio, and that is for checks that have been returned by Chris or TSE, but that has not been touched upon as of yet.........I think he is only collecting money and not paying back.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #584
tejasranger
Here is the reply I get from Paypal, after asking for an address:

Dear Robert England,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. I am sorry to hear about this situation,
and understand your frustration and concern over the issue.

At this time PayPal can only provide you with the seller's customer service
phone number which is 877-737-8153. If you wish to obtain additional
confidential information about the seller you will have to obtain a
subpoena so that PayPal can legally release more information.

You may wish to file an on-line buyer complaint through PayPal so that we
can try to assist you with resolution.

In order to file a buyer claim for a transaction sent through PayPal please
follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/

2. Click the "Resolution Center" subtab on your Account Overview page.
3. Click "File a Claim" link on the left hand side.
4. To file your complaint, click "Continue."
5. Click the "Get PayPal Transaction ID" button.
· This will open a separate page with your History on it. You may
need to change the dates in the drop down menus in order to locate the
transaction in question.
· Click the transaction ID that is associated with the payment. It
will automatically appear in the box.
6. Click "Continue" and follow the prompts.
Learn how to file a buyer claim with a step-by-step tutorial in the
Resolution Center by clicking on Resolution Center tutorials.

Claims must be filed within and no later than 45 days of the initial
payment, and must be submitted through the Buyer Complaint Process webform.
For example: If a transaction took place at 10 a.m. on a given morning,
then the buyer complaint will be accepted only if the claim is filed no
later than 10 a.m. on the 45th day thereafter.

Please do not mail or email your claim, as it will cause unnecessary
delays.

PayPal will investigate your claim, contact the seller and, if the seller
does not present appropriate proof of delivery, a full refund or other
evidence of a satisfactory resolution, PayPal will seek to collect the
amount you paid from the seller. Unfortunately, recovery of the full dollar
amount is not guaranteed.

PayPal will seek to resolve your complaint within 30 days from the date
your complaint is filed, however, this time frame may be extended to
accommodate the investigation.

Please note, we ask that you first contact the seller directly in an
attempt to resolve your dispute when you have paid and not received the
promised goods. If you are not able to resolve the dispute directly with
the seller, and all steps have been taken to come to a resolution, you may
file a claim under PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process.

For eligible eBay transactions, PayPal automatically applies eBay's
Standard Purchase Protection Program. A separate eBay claim is not needed.

Note:
· Significantly Not as Described and Items Not Received claims on eBay
transactions are subject to a processing fee. If the seller does not have
enough funds available to cover the transaction, an eBay processing fee
will still be applied

For complete details on eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program go to
http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...rotection.html

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Debbie
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Old 05-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #585
repfriend
Good point. Makes you wonder...Selling limitless hets and whatnot, in the thousands of dollars...did TSE claim this as income?

Would be sad if people had to involve the IRS to get answers and possible refunds, but if all Chris has to offer is arrogance and threats instead of solutions, it might just blow up in his face.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #586
repfriend
Paypal can be a nice tool...but if you get "taken" then paypal is less then helpful. Another reason why I only use it for smaller amounts of money.

Guess they won't be any help, since I'm willing to bet most buyers have been waiting far longer then 45 days.

Sorry for all involved.

Hasn't anyone MAILED in a check or moneyorder? There has to be some sort of adress...this is looking worse and worse. Any business that goes to great lenght to withhold an actual address usually has "something to hide"...

Old 05-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #587
Casey Hulse
Top Shelf Exotics

812 French Road #2

Cheektowaga NY 14227

This is where I sent 2 incubators last year. He posted pictures of them in use full of deli cups in the leopard gecko forum here on fauna. I do not know if they had eggs in them or not.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #588
repfriend
Wow Casey, kudos to you for stepping up.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #589
tejasranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
Top Shelf Exotics

812 French Road #2

Cheektowaga NY 14227

This is where I sent 2 incubators last year. He posted pictures of them in use full of deli cups in the leopard gecko forum here on fauna. I do not know if they had eggs in them or not.
You the man Casey

Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #590
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSsuper92
I emailed them two weeks later on the 13th and once again was told how busy they were and that Fedex was limiting them to 20 packages a day.
Thanks,
David Schroeder
Well I have heard this a few times now in this thread and it just doesn't compute with me. If I told FedEx I was going to be shipping 100 boxes per day, they would be falling all over themselves to accommodate me. They are in the business of shipping. Which means the more they ship, the more money they make. Matter of fact, their discount ratings they offer customers are based on VOLUME. The more you ship, the bigger discount they give you. Which certainly implies they are ENCOURAGING you to ship MORE, not LESS with them. It defies logic to think they would LIMIT any customer for ANY reason, except for ONE that I can think of: Reluctance on FedEx's part to extend that kind of credit to someone. The limit is not on the number of packages so much as it is the amount of credit they are willing to give a customer for each billing cycle. If I had 100 packages per day to ship out, 4 days a week, and using their premium service for live animals, a bi-weekly bill from them could easily be in excess of $30,000. I can see where a company may be reluctant to go in the hole for that kind of money for anyone.

Now I am by no means claiming this is the case here, but that claim about being limited to the number of packages to ship just doesn't sound right to me, and I am groping for an answer.

Has ANYONE else ever had FedEx tell them they were shipping too many packages through them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!