Info Nick Maitland / nickmaitland96 - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #51
Matt2979
The first ad that I replied to (1st and 2nd screenshot pics) were for a het that was produced by 2 visuals?? But then he changed what he said....and then deleted that ad.

Before I realized it was him, I inquired to his "Wanted Ad", looking for pastels and mojaves. I told him what I had and he offered to trade me for this caramel POSSIBLE het glow. (I realized who it was and felt it pointless to even ask for pics....in hindsight, I wish I had asked.) But even so, he obviously doesn't understand genetics because he told me the parents of this caramel POSS het glow were a ghost het caramel and a caramel het ghost....which would mean all non-caramel glow babies would be 100% het for caramel glow. (3rd screenshot is him explaining genetics of this caramel POSS het glow yesterday.)
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #52
densnake1
Hi Jeff, I found the thread.lol Carl had a lavender albino stolen. I have a headache after reading Nicks posts.
Dennis

Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #53
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
TEXAS?? *I'm out!

IMHO, I think this is just a really confused 14-year-old kid. I don't think he meant any intentional harm, and I do believe he owns the snake in the pictures as they are all of the same animal with the same type of cell phone pics. I think it very well may be a caramel het glow (he probably bought it as such), but that he just has a very limited understanding of ball python genetics and doesn't actually know what the parents were, thus couldn't give accurate information when asked and tried to save face by making it up on the spot as he went. Looking at this kid's MySpace, he is a typical pre-teen boy and VERY concerned with others' perceptions of him, hence all the public pictures about smoking weed, being a stoner, using dip, the union jack, the hat and sunglasses, etc. He is trying to seem "cool", for lack of a better term, so when he felt pressured into explaining the origins of his snake, he tried to come off as more knowledgeable than he is -- which is what bit him in the behind. Knowing what most pre-teens are like, and what most boys are like, he probably did get some kind of paperwork with this snake when he bought it, which is why he vaguely knows what produced it. But odds are it's in some pile of crumpled papers under his bed or in some random closet or underneath the seat of his mom's car -- so he isn't going to have a clue where it is or be able to provide it. So when this gets called into question, again protecting his sense of "manhood" or being "cool", he is not going to admit that he doesn't have it and makes something up to try to cover his butt.

So honestly I think Nick is just young, naive, and harmless. Now at this point, if Nick wants to save any of what may be left of his early-forming reputation, he needs to be upfront and honest about the circumstances of his snake and what he was trying to do, apologize for his errors, and move forward by making more educated choices.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #54
passions-pythons
I had a trade worked out with Nick on the Caramel Female myself. He was getting a ghost male that was 400g, a het ghost female that was 500g and a spider female that was 300g.

The day he was supposed to ship he backed out of the deal.

Pretty sketchy if you ask me.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #55
passions-pythons
Also the animal that was just a caramel... not a caramel het glow.. is the same animal pictured by the OP.... Unfortunately I deleted the text from him due to me being pissed off.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #56
Kai414
Nick isn't confused!! I was working a trade with him before he even posted anything on here. He told me he was 17 and I talked to him on the phone. He tried everything to get me to ship out first. Told me multiple reasons why he couldn't ship: parents wouldn't let him ship first, his girlfriend wouldn't let him, couldn't cuz he was only 17, didn't wanna be scammed, and didn't have money to ship and asked me to send money and he'd ship first. Then somehow he was able to buy 2 male ultramels just days later. One being from NERD and the other from his "friend" for $250. I wish I had a friend who would sell me an ultramel for $250. He then tried to get me to ship first for the ultramel, but I said no thanks. I saw ads on here later and posted comments and he deleted them and then text me messages to stop calling him a scammer!! Now he's got a new alias on here and has a new excuse as to how he got a weird albino python. I know he's a scammer and he definitely knows what he's doing. The evidence is all there!! Please make sure you don't conduct business with him unless it's in person.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:14 AM   #57
champ641
This dude also tried working a trade with me last week for my b.bee. I knew something was fishy, when he told me his caramel het glow wasn't worth much more then a plain ol' caramel.He wanted to do pretty much a straight up trade for my bee, if I shipped first. He was very persistent that I had to ship first to get such a great deal lol... what a joke

Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #58
Kai414
The trade we worked out was my male bumblebee too!!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #59
passions-pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai414 View Post
Nick isn't confused!! I was working a trade with him before he even posted anything on here. He told me he was 17 and I talked to him on the phone. He tried everything to get me to ship out first. Told me multiple reasons why he couldn't ship: parents wouldn't let him ship first, his girlfriend wouldn't let him, couldn't cuz he was only 17, didn't wanna be scammed, and didn't have money to ship and asked me to send money and he'd ship first. Then somehow he was able to buy 2 male ultramels just days later. One being from NERD and the other from his "friend" for $250. I wish I had a friend who would sell me an ultramel for $250. He then tried to get me to ship first for the ultramel, but I said no thanks. I saw ads on here later and posted comments and he deleted them and then text me messages to stop calling him a scammer!! Now he's got a new alias on here and has a new excuse as to how he got a weird albino python. I know he's a scammer and he definitely knows what he's doing. The evidence is all there!! Please make sure you don't conduct business with him unless it's in person.
Yeah he does have a new alias... Too bad he's a moron and let everyone know it was him as soon as he posted. He's not to bright if you ask me, and I seriously doubt he's gonna be able to get away with anything on here.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #60
Focal
What was his new alias? Was he banned? Man, I was almost ready to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, now I guess he won't be back at all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
804 892 7246, maitland, nickmaitland96@gmail.com