Terry Lilley - Tried selling me my own animal - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #51
NewEnglandReptile
Personally I'm waiting for him to come back and tell us that there are actually TWO well-known Kerry King's in the herp business, and that he sold the monitors to the OTHER one.

Kara Glasgow - NERD

Old 03-16-2003, 01:13 PM   #52
Corey Sawyer
hrmm...

Old 03-17-2003, 10:39 PM   #53
Tortoise Lover
Did you guys see this???

Terry Liley is a local here in my area and I have met him once long ago. I have not been impressed with the reports I have heard off this board regarding his business practices. It's really a shame he treats people this way.

I was reading this months REPTILE magazine and started reading the classifieds in the back. Under business opportunities it looks like Terry is SELLING his business for 275,000. Training included. Hopefully he'll leave the "burning people 101" out of his training.

Just thought it was worth putting in......

Toby Adrianse

Old 03-17-2003, 10:47 PM   #54
Darin Chappell
I think the lesson from "burning people 101" may well be learned the hard way when you pay the $275,000 for HIS business!

Old 03-17-2003, 10:56 PM   #55
jusmebabee
Everyone can make there decisions on him as there is page after page. Can you not let this thread die and if someone wants to look him up they can do a search and find it? You would think the first 2 pages would be sufficient to do so.. Or at least the powers that be should consider closing it so all those waiting to pile on don't get the chance to state opinions and not facts from personal experience. As for the gov. powers be realistic they aren't going to do anything so i seriously doubt he is going to lose sleep over the thought that they will waste time on it (likely more pressing issues to deal with).
Hopefully "The End"...

Old 03-17-2003, 11:19 PM   #56
Darin Chappell
Joel,

Where exactly do you get off telling everyone else how long we can address a certain person/company/issue? Who was it exactly that made you the determining factor as to how long a thread can be?

You have an opinion? Fine. You have stated it multiple times, which is quite impressive, given that you have only posted a grand total of six times in all!

Here's an idea, why don't YOU let it rest! Terry Lilley has been a problem in this industry for DECADES, and it is quite right for someone to post in this thread about him, that he is selling his business (or wanting to do so). My comment about that fact was pertinent to this thread in that I believe that anyone who is associated with Mr. Lilley necessarily accepts some of the stain that he has been spreading around for years.

You don't agree? You think threads ought to go two pages and no more? How about this: You read the first two pages (only the first two, now), and then leave the rest of the discussion to those who wish to delve deeper. We were doing just fine on the BOI before you came along to tell us when to quit posting, and I feel fairly confident we'll make it a while yet without your input. Thanks anyway.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:24 PM   #57
Bobby Douglass
Easy Darin, easy. I agree with you though. It gets on my nerves for someone to think they can tell everyone else to stop posting. Unless it comes from Rich Z, just try to ignore it. I think the more information we have about the bad guys the better off we are.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:36 PM   #58
sputnik
jusmebabee

Joel, if you don't like this thread, then why did you add to it?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone wants to look him up they can do a search and find it

Yes, they can find it on the BOI

In this case, two pages may not meet with your approval, but the longer this thread has gone on the more that is revealed about the matter and person involved.

If this isn't a pressing issue, then why don't you go read what you think is pressing!

quote"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the gov. powers be realistic they aren't going to do anything

I see you speak for them also?

Thank you for your input, VERY educational!!

Back the matter this thread involves, has anyone heard from Mr.Lilley in regards to the origins of the womas?

Has he made a comment after his "foot in mouth" efforts of recent?

Old 03-17-2003, 11:50 PM   #59
Stardust
I too believe that people should know if Lilley is trying to sell his business. The more this is up the more people will see it and hopefully, realize just what kind of business they are buying into. This is what the BOI is all about, informing people.
Joel, I am a person who likes to keep it relatively peaceful, (yeah I see you all nodding out there ) but if I was looking into a business, especially one that is that much money, I would want to find out all I know on the business and what type of person I am potentially buying from.
This is very important information, $275,000 worth of important!
Of course this is just my opinion.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:20 AM   #60
HerpVenue
2 pages is enough?

Page three (3)is where we find out that one of the people he mentiones by name as having bought from him (Kerry King)...NEVER really bought from him.

Page three(3) is where we find out that he helped defend a smuggler in court.

Page four (4) is where I find out that one of the animals he "imported".....was not really "imported" because it was against the law.

Sorry but I do not think two pages is enough.

Darin
Quote:
given that you have only posted a grand total of six times in all!
His other name has more posts. He has been here a while

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!