Chelsea Richardson-SNAKE KILLER... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #51
Chameleon Company
And the bigger problem is ??????

Old 12-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #52
CurtisF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard
I agree, Curtis. Judging from most of the posts in this thread, you'd think we were on TrailerClassifieds.com instead of FaunaClassifieds.com.
I was talking to you too. You're putting less focus on Chelsea by using a stupid phrase that is offending people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
And the bigger problem is ??????
The dead snake and thread maker's claims?

Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #53
DavidBeard
Understood. In reality though, which is more offensive....a crude phrase (however applicable or truthful) or the senseless disregard for life? I rest my case on this pseudo-debate.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #54
Chameleon Company
Quote:
David B. states:
Understood. In reality though, which is more offensive....a crude phrase (however applicable or truthful) or the senseless disregard for life? I rest my case on this pseudo-debate.
So you have now determined that this is a "senseless disregard for life" ? BTW, others here do not see your phrase as either "applicable or truthful", but rather just a reflection on you being a bit challenged .

Quote:
Curtis states:
The dead snake and thread maker's claims?
Is there a debate about whether or not the snake is dead ? The thread has warned people that David does not think others should sell to Chelsea. The thread maker claimed Chelsea was "trailer trash" ...... so could you be more specific about what you feel the purpose of the discussion now is ?

Old 12-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #55
kmurphy
C'mon Jim you've got Curtis by 37 years of experience.

I believe he wants to get back to the discussion of the condition of the cages, why the snake died and what can be done now. I think it's great that younger people actually get involved in threads like this. They can learn a lot about what not to do, or say.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #56
Chameleon Company
Quote:
C'mon Jim you've got Curtis by 37 years of experience.

I believe he wants to get back to the discussion of the condition of the cages, why the snake died and what can be done now. I think it's great that younger people actually get involved in threads like this. They can learn a lot about what not to do, or say.
I'm with you here Kevin, but I also think it important to hear it from those who claim a better purpose here. I am all for involvement, and will support it in a positive way so long as I feel its positive involvement. Doesn't have to agree with me, but I have seen suggestions here that hinted, if not stated more overtly, that Chelsea is "trash", shouldn't be allowed to have her animals, "has no respect for life", etc. Challenging David on the above was very apropos. No doubt there is a problem here, but I saw more antagonism than I did solutions (a few notable exceptions, such as Dan). That's basically my point. If Curtis did not think that questioning David about his pathetic slur, and underlying intent and direction with the thread, which was to take it more from being a tool to being a weapon, was relevant, then c'mon down Curtis and explain your criticism.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #57
CurtisF
Don't get my wrong, I don't like trailer trash (the slur) anymore than the next person. It is infinitely stupid to assume someone is trash because they live in a mobile home. I also find it stupid though that the slur is detracting from the thread's focus (Chelsea Richardson's treatment of snakes). The comment in general was probably worded bad and more aimed at David. I just figure it'd be easier to say "Sorry, I was mad." Then to made a page long discussion on why it is stupid to say something like that. I understand what you are saying though, Jim. I was just more interested basically in terms of what Kevin said.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #58
Chameleon Company
Curtis and others:
Quote:
I also find it stupid though that the slur is detracting from the thread's focus (Chelsea Richardson's treatment of snakes).
Again, while it is highly likely that the snake died, all we have to go on here are the words of David. David is the accuser. That he has shown himself to be ____________ (malicious, stupid, biased .... etc ..... etc ...... choose your own), beyond valid contempt as pointed out by several , is not significant ? To question the credibility of the accuser is stupid ? Think again Curtis, as it is quite appropriate.

The girl's name is being trashed here. She may deserve some of it, lots of it, etc. What's your solution Curtis ?

Might I suggest that someone from the KY Herp Society, etc (other than David) attempt to contact Chelsea, and try to at least steer her towards husbandry info ? Maybe some knowledge would convince her that its not her cup of tea ? Seems a better expenditure of effort than belittling her here for another 10-20 posts (or pages). I doubt she truly wants to spend her good money on snakes, only to end up seeing them die quickly. David labeled her a "snake killer". Well, I've killed quite a few myself. Lizards and turtles too. In time, I learned better. I lived in a trailer once too !

Old 12-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #59
CurtisF
Thumbs up Another one bites the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Curtis and others:

Again, while it is highly likely that the snake died, all we have to go on here are the words of David. David is the accuser. That he has shown himself to be ____________ (malicious, stupid, biased .... etc ..... etc ...... choose your own), beyond valid contempt as pointed out by several , is not significant ? To question the credibility of the accuser is stupid ? Think again Curtis, as it is quite appropriate.

The girl's name is being trashed here. She may deserve some of it, lots of it, etc. What's your solution Curtis ?
Agreed. My mistake.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:37 PM   #60
Wilomn
David is an easily baitable idiot, it's been proven time and again on many different forums.

However, it's pretty damn hard to kill a healthy brb in two weeks UNLESS you are not taking proper care of it. They can live far longer than two weeks without food. They can live far longer than two weeks at suboptimal temps. They will EASILY die in two weeks at subpar humidty.

David's accusations are right on the mark. The girl screwed up and killed that snake. Trailor trash may have been a dumb thing to say, but look honestly at the origins of that moniker. There are plenty out there to whom trailor trash is fitting as a description and she may well be one of them. Who are all of YOU to tell david he's wrong for calling it as he sees it? Have any of YOU seen the trailor this snake killing girl lives in? Before you say he's wrong, make sure YOU are right.

Profiling works, not everytime but often enough that it will never go away.

I see, by quotes as I have him on ignore, which I HIGHLY recommend, that chumpco has chosen yet again to champion one who doesn't seem deserving of such. Although, when you stop and think about what an abosolute doofus he is, I suppose it is fitting that he is defending this killer of baby snakes. Who else would have him champion their cause? Besides someone already in jail, I mean.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!