Upstate Exotics (BAD GUY) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2003, 11:39 AM   #51
XzSaGezX
Sorry

I am sorry you had this type of experience. I dont think Upstate exotics will be lasting very long and in my eyes thats a good thing. I really hope things work out for you thou its a shame it happen. I hope people read there disclaimer before buying from them if people dont see this site cause there 24 hour is just pathetic.

Old 02-28-2003, 12:20 PM   #52
Darin Chappell
It's funny that Upstate Exotics has the time, inclination, and where-with-all to post emails to and from Mr. Quarles, but they are no where to be seen when requests from Gracie (and others) are made to post emails (back and forth) about Gracie's deal!

So, Upstate Exotics, do you deny the authenticity of the email wherein you stated that the animal was CB? If so, where is the proof? You have never posted ANY emails from or to Gracie of ANY kind! If not, then refund ALL of her money, including the shipping.

One last thing, please stop telling dissatisfied customers to go complain to the shipper! For crying out loud, don't we have enough trouble with shipping reptiles? Do you really need to be drawing attention to this type of situation? It hurts us all, and it is completely unneccesary, especially since the shipping woes were YOUR fault 100%!!!

Old 02-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #53
sputnik
Darin Chappell

Darin, if you read the one and I think it's the only response from Upstateexotics at Gracies deal... or poor deal! The quote below is from that post.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I also find it quite humorous that I am getting shipping advice to send 5-6 heat packs in a box with a black throat monitor, from a woman who has been reported on the BOI as someone who ships her reptiles and snakes via 3-day (priority) USPS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They deny that the blackthroat was a CB and state it was a import.... which doesn't seem true and Gracie seems to have email proof from them that it was supposed to be a CB animal!

But it shows a lack of any real credibility that all they can do attack Gracie, lie about the CB issue and try to change the subject by flinging mud at Gracie over something that has nothing to do with the transaction between them and Gracie!

Scott Collien

Old 02-28-2003, 12:38 PM   #54
AlbinoLeo
Quote:
Originally posted by Darin Chappell
One last thing, please stop telling dissatisfied customers to go complain to the shipper! For crying out loud, don't we have enough trouble with shipping reptiles? Do you really need to be drawing attention to this type of situation? It hurts us all, and it is completely unneccesary, especially since the shipping woes were YOUR fault 100%!!!

I completely agree with this. It is very detrimental to the reptile business as far as shipping is concerned if people take up disputes with the shipping companies. I myself am having a hard time with FedEx and Airborne and UPS shipping reptiles, they are very hesitant. And you expect me to add fuel to the fire by callin them and arguing health issues do to shipping? That is rediculous.

I think Upsate should start acting more like a business and less like a gararage sale! Take care of your customers! And for gods sake please do not tell them to take up disputes with the shipping companies, pretty soon none of us will be able to ship reptiles!

Adam-

Old 02-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #55
Darin Chappell
Scott,

I read that. However, what I am asking is if Upstate Exotics is denying the veracity of that email Gracie quoted, where they said it was a CB animal. I know they now say it is an import and that they never said it was CB. I just want to know if they are going to go the full distance and claim that Gracie forged an email from them?!?!?

If so, they need to have proof to back their claim. If not, they need to buck up and refund her the total amount she paid, including shipping.

Sorry if I wasn't more clear in my previous post.

Old 02-28-2003, 01:05 PM   #56
dqreps
look at this..

An email from upstate exotics stating that i could ship out the sick boas whenever the weather go better. They agreed to refund my money last saturday and then hit me up with an email wednesday stating they have decided not too. They made up some bull*** excuse and that was it. They tried to blame it all on me. They dont understand that no matter what they say, they can not justify telling someone they will give them a refund and then decide not too. Lucky for us, these scammers (sal and allsion) are not very bright and have made a lot of mistakes along the way. Anyway they sent me an email a few days later while i was waiting for the weather to get better to ship the snakes back and said they would not refund my money. And then the fun began. They started it, i will finish it.

Dallas

Dallas Quarles Reptiles

Old 02-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #57
sputnik
Darin Chappell

quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read that. However, what I am asking is if Upstate Exotics is denying the veracity of that email Gracie quoted, where they said it was a CB animal. I know they now say it is an import and that they never said it was CB. I just want to know if they are going to go the full distance and claim that Gracie forged an email from them?!?!?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the question you ask, but considering upstateexotics has been unwilling to answer previous questions about the black throat, don't expect an answer from them!

Scott Collien

Old 02-28-2003, 01:37 PM   #58
UpstateExotics1
To Clarify...

I just want to clarify some things....

As far as the black throat monitor, I have contacted Diana Mason a few times to make arrangements to refund her money and come personally to pick up the monitor...I have not heard from her. Now the animal has been with her for over 2 weeks with no response.

Now, with Dallas Quarles, as I stated I have all emails and IM messages from Dallas and his childish acts. He notified us the day they arrived that the snakes were "cool," but ok. Then the next night, now I find out he was drunk as a skunk, he tells me they have IBD. He stated he spoke with Robyn from Pro Exotics, who he said "was a friend of his" and Robyn was the one that told him the diagnosis of the snakes. I wanted a vet report stating the animal was sick, as symptoms of IBD are non constriction, regurge, etc. The snakes were healthy here, eating, and tried to strike time after time. I contacted Robyn to check the validity of Dallas' statement and Robyn explained that he never spoke with Dallas regarding our snakes let alone making a diagnosis of them having IBD. So, I checked his reference and now it didn't pan out. On top of that Dallas stated to me in his emails that he got 3 sick snakes from someone else. How do I know that my snakes are healthy, especially after being around other sick snakes? He also stated that he brokers, so what, now his deal fell through and he wants to return OUR snakes? Dallas has gone back and rebuted almost everything he has stated to us regarding this, and like I said anyone who would like copies, just let me know. On top of all the harrassment we are also getting threats from Dallas...real business like I think. He never contacted us via telephone, but he plays hard ball by posting and sending emails.

As far as our shipping guarantee, we do guarantee LIVE arrival, and must be NOTIFIED within 24-hours of that DOA. Many other big names have the SAME guarantee. There is nothing wrong with that. As far as needing a vet report...in most cases we do not even request one, but with Dallas' references not checking out, him stating different things and rebutting statements, we as a business also have to cover ourselves. I told Dallas if he takes them to a vet and they have this IBD I would pay for the vet bill, the shipping back to us AND refund his money, especially since he didn't even pay for shipping in the first place, WE did.

If anyone has any other questions, please just let me know.

Old 02-28-2003, 01:58 PM   #59
dqreps
here it is, i forgot it before...

i do not have time to read UE post now but this is what i forgot to post before i hope it goes through. This just verifies they changed thier mind.

Hi

That is fine. Lets wait until the temp is ok to ship.

Thanks

Upstate Exotics
Sal & Alison Tornambene
P.O. Box 119
Cossayuna, NY 12823
518-692-3101
1-866-PETS-499
http://www.UpstateExotics.com
sales@upstateexotics.com
AOL Screen Name: UpstateExotics
----- Original Message -----
To: sales@upstateexotics.com
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 11:20 PM
Subject: Message about: 5' CB FEMALE BOA

Hey, i dont know what the temps are gonna be like there, would you rather have me wait till a day that is in the 40's or just ship now? i am not gonna be responsible for them though if it is below 40's. i just dont gurantee live arrival below 40's so i wanted you to know. if you wanted them shipped it is in your hands. i will tell you my 40hr heatpacks are great and i pack great. i am 99% sure it will be fine but i cant gurantee anything and cant have it fall on me. i would not be responsible for it. it is up to you, let me know what you want me to do. thanks....
Dallas

Thanks,
Dallas

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.

Sent 10:20 PM, Feb 24th, 2003 from I.P. Address 205.188.208.42

Old 02-28-2003, 02:33 PM   #60
gracie
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been caught up in a few things here. Upstate still refuses to refund all my money back so I have decided to keep the monitor. I would just feel bad for it if I sent it back, they would probably just end up ripping someone else off with it and shipping it poorly again. And i've become slightly attached to him anyway. He has a wonderful temperment for an import which had me pretty worried at first but I've had him checked out and except for a pretty large parasite load and a few more hidden ticks he's fine. He's also a little thin but should beef up quickly. Upstate obviously was feeding him LIVE rodents as I have since noticed quite a few cuts and bite marks around his snout.

I'm very sorry about your situation with upstate, Dallas, trust me I know how you feel

Upstate STILL will not answer any emails I send them asking why they misrepresented the monitor, though, and always reply "i'm not here to play games", completely avoiding the question. I already know why; they were just trying to make a quick buck but you'd think after all this they'd try and save at least a little face.

Point is, NOBODY DO BUSINESS WITH UPSTATE EXOTICS!!!!! There are TWO prime examples of how they do business on this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!