Bad Guy Eyelash Exotics - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #51
Canadian Samurai
sorry about the cures word but I did not curse I used appropriate slang to represent. I only copy and pasted the word that he thought I used and will try to blank out any poor language in the future. I chose that word and slang spelling on purpose so it could be read like it is supposed to sound . Sorry if those words offend you, I just read that I had to have the full headers and info and not just the important parts. This is all new to me and I appreciate your help and assistance as to the rules and regulations on using this site/forum.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
RubberDuckey273
Not sure I missed this already, but if you've been using the business name "Eyelash Exotics" for longer than the year that Mr. Shabaga has been using the domain, why are you just now trying to get the domain? If he's only had it a year then there was plenty of time for you to get it, especially considering that you now want it so badly.

Also, I'd love to know what sort of payment was originally offered by you to Mr. Shabaga for the domain name.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #53
WebSlave
Warning: Quotes and screen captured images MUST have profanity edited out of them or you will incur an infraction. I've already had to ding several people for that violation in this thread.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #54
Magical Geckos
Well I can say this,
I have done many business transactions with Lynn.
I have NEVER had any issues.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #55
eyelashexotics
In fear of saying something "bullying" I will make this short.
I have all the proof I need. I paid in full yesterday for an intent to use trademark, which means that nobody else can try to apply or purchase said trademark. I REALLY don't care who believes me because it's completely irrelevant.

AS I SAID BEFORE I DID NOT WANT HIS DOMAIN NAME, DID NOT OFFER HIM MONEY.
I emailed him asking if he'd consider changing the name, my original intent was to change both names to CA and US and link to eachother to avoid confusion, a fan (or several) of mine must have sent some mean messages after I posted that request for persuasion, which I apologized for and took down within an hour, but he decided to get nasty, I assume because of said messages from god knows who, and called me a cheap tw*t, when I paid WAY more than the cost of a domain name for a trademark. Like I told him in my message, it doesn't matter because a trademark is only valid within the US and he's in canada, which means he's not breaking laws.

never threatened him whatsoever. No suing was implied in any case.

He's only upset because I "bullied" him after his rude remarks, and even after an apologetic message he won't give it up.

People like y'all make me want to quit reptiles in general. Immediately I'm a terrible person, a liar, I need to post proof of the amount of money I spent yesterday? That's my business and none of yours, random people I have never heard of, not to mention MY FINANCIAL BUSINESS AND MY BUSINESS RELATED PURCHASES ARE IRRELEVANT TO THIS POST.

I don't care who believes me but this whole reptile hobby and everyone in it is insane, including me at times, but holy hell, y'all are like vultures.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #56
Canadian Samurai
sorry guys how do you post something like an image and than remove words from It? do I just use corral draw and white it? or is there a place that can teach me that? thanks , I was trying to keep it as unedited as I could,sorry.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #57
WebSlave
FYI concerning trademarks....

Quote:
How to Apply for Trademark Registration

We have tried to make the application for a Canadian or US Trademark as simple as possible through our new 3 Step Trademark Process.
The easy 3 Step process may give the illusion that registering a Trademark is almost instantaneous, however, only applying for a tradmark has been made easy. The Approval stage can still be quite daunting.

In order to apply for a trademark you should conduct searches for your proposed name, and then you Apply for your trademark.

The Searches

The pre-requisite to any application is a proper search. Ninety percent of all trademarks are words, which can be searched Online from our computer. Searches of designs or stylized words need to be conducted manually.

We maintain, and update weekly, a complete record of all current and past applications and registrations of both the Canadian and American trademarks office. The first search, called the 1st Step search, is an availability search that searches the existing trademarks database to determine if the mark is currently in use or applied for. This search is normally completed within two hours of your request.

The second search, the 2nd Step search, is a registerability search, is often referred to as a Common Law search. This is an examination of the words that form the mark, their origin, meaning and the phonetic equivalents. It also includes an examination of business and corporate names.

This computerized search process normally takes about one hour to complete. We guarantee to deliver it to you the next business day. Marks that are a pure design are far more difficult to search, as today's computers have not completely defined the search logarithms. We conduct the design searches manually in order to examine each of the designs observed.

The 1st Step search is $42.10 including GST to commence, and the 2nd Step search is $240.75. These costs are separate from the Application fees.

To proceed with your 1st or 2nd Step searches, please find the order forms on the appropriate menu items.

The Application

Once a search has been completed the results are evaluated. If the results indicate that the subject mark is registerable then an application is prepared.

An application may be filed based on prior use of the mark by the applicant or on proposed use; however, the mark is only registered once the applicant confirms that the mark is not in use in Canada.

The application process takes about eight months to complete (Canadian mark) and involves the examination of the application by at least four separate examiners. The subject mark, once approved by the examiners, is then advertised for opposition allowing any reader of the advertisement to file an objection to the registration.

The advertising process is concluded with the issue of a Notice of Allowance requiring the applicant to pay a final fee to register the mark for the first fifteen years.

Once a registration is issued, the owner is granted a country-wide monopoly for a 15-year term and afforded the opportunity to renew his mark for successive 15 year terms.

There are two sets of fees for an application, the first is our, Arvic, filing fee, and the second is the government fee for the registration.

Our Arvic Filing fee; to prepare, file, and prosecute each application in either the US or Canada is $642.00. This is a flat fee that includes any and all work associated with reporting on the progress of the application to either the client or his agent as well as all replies to issues raised by the examiners, up to and including the issue of the Notice of Allowance. You do not receive any additional invoices from us during the application process.

The government fees are different for Canada and the United States. In Canada the government fee is $350.00 per application, and the registration normally takes 18 months to be completed. In the US, however, there is a separate government fee charged for each classification you would like included in the registration totaling $325.00 USD per classification. The US registration process usually takes around 12 months to be completed.

Each country has its own set of application requirements. For example; in Canada you can file one application combining both goods and services that are either in use or proposed for use. In the USA you cannot combine an application based on use with one based on intent to use.
http://www.tmweb.com/how_apply.asp

Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #58
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelashexotics View Post
I MY FINANCIAL BUSINESS AND MY BUSINESS RELATED PURCHASES ARE IRRELEVANT TO THIS POST.
This is a business forum. This post came about because of the name issue, so issues connected with the name are in fact relevant. Many times on this particular forum, people get indignant because we ask for proof of the truth (it would be as simple as posting the receipt, here). Usually the people who are the most indignant are those trying to float a lie.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #59
WebSlave
Further info concerning trademarks that people discussing this topic need to be aware of -> http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/process/index.jsp

Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #60
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Samurai View Post
sorry guys how do you post something like an image and than remove words from It? do I just use corral draw and white it? or is there a place that can teach me that? thanks , I was trying to keep it as unedited as I could,sorry.
Open screen shot in paint and spray paint or erase offending language. Save and upload.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!