Bad Guy David Huffman of Virginia(BAD TRADE) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #51
Miss Tuniwha
wow.. First.. Lance, I am SO happy to hear you got your babies back.

David.. THANK YOU! WAY too many people these days wouldn't have even given thought to helping a complete stranger out!... Common courtisy and kindness are not well known terms it seems.

also.. I suggest that the others on here, also file with the Police.. since they KNOW where he lives, AND now are aware of his stealing these snakes.

PLEASE take some form of action. This thread here PROVES that he will quickly do what he can to NOT have anything to do with the cops (probably to prevent them finding out what ELSE he has illegally going on)

Congrats Lance, and good luck to you others.

and I also flagged that CL ad .. you need to post the kinds of snakes he is selling, and details of how he got them..

just post.. this guy (email addresses) stole my snakes and is selling them here.. here is what they are.

something along them lines.. CL people can REALLY go nuts if they find a scumbaby..

Old 06-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #52
Willow
wow! a happy ending for once! thats awsome

David...your amazing...i had been reading your old thread about when you got scammed with the emeralds...its so horrible...but you have taken your bad experiance and turned it into motivation to help someone else in need

just amazing...the world needs more people like you! Kudos to being a herpers hero =)

(im sure the snakes thank you as well hehe)

Old 06-07-2009, 03:53 AM   #53
chazzz
What a horrible story that mirrors so many others that go unresolved. But not this one, this one has a happy ending. Congratulations Lance I am so happy for you.
David Vincent Means (go topless) thank you for being such a stand up noble person and went way beyond what anyone else would normally do. You acted in the most selfless way and I commend you for it. There are way to many scammers out there getting away with murder, as the internet is the new playground for scammers, con-artists, thieves, scum-bags, and degenerates. It seems law enforcement is one step behind internet scammers and in some cases pursing any legal action is just not worth it.
But it is people like David Means that will make them think twice before the enter our community to screw someone else over. There will definitely be more lowlifes trying to steal from us, that is for certain. But if we stick together as a community and help one another out as David did we can at least cut that number way down.
Sorry for the rambling I just find it so exciting that this situation was rectified.
Also thanks to Fauna if it wasn't for the BOI this story might not have had such a happy ending.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #54
the_b00gie
scammed

I too was scammed by this guy. I "traded" my 07 indian X burmese python for a lav albino reticulated python. I was going to ship first on the trade. Then when my snake arrived and i asked when he was going to ship, he replied saying the retic should have already been there. That's when i knew something was up. He gave me some bs stories about his friend loosing the package or something getting screwed up. And it's always i'll get back to you. I'm on it...This started on 5/21/09, still no snake. (retic or burm) Can any of you help me, or do any of you have any idea as to how i may be able to get him back. Or do you think he's lost for good?

Kyle

Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 AM   #55
sincitydragons
sorry but I'm not feeling like reading the whole thread, just thought I'd mention... he said he shipped the snake thru the usps correct? and that he did not label the package as live animal correct? and especially since the usps has a strict no snake policy this a clear violation of the lacey act.... I would tell him that he needs to make it right before you report him for violating the lacey act, it is a crime taken seriously and if reported I doubt any company will take shipments from him in the future which would certainly help keep him from scamming anyone else.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #56
Willow
it wouldnt matter if he was banned from shipping....because it seems he isnt actually ever shipping anything

he claims he has shipped snakes out...then gives BS stories on why the person hasnt gotten their shipment yet

he is a con artist and a thief....not a smart one at that....considering if you use the same con and same story on every person you scam, your going to get caught....as he did

Old 06-09-2009, 03:51 AM   #57
sincitydragons
still maybe the threat would be enough to get back the snakes that he sent, if he has shipped anything thru usps and they get a report they would surely investigate.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #58
David_Means
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b00gie View Post
I too was scammed by this guy. I "traded" my 07 indian X burmese python for a lav albino reticulated python. I was going to ship first on the trade. Then when my snake arrived and i asked when he was going to ship, he replied saying the retic should have already been there. That's when i knew something was up. He gave me some bs stories about his friend loosing the package or something getting screwed up. And it's always i'll get back to you. I'm on it...This started on 5/21/09, still no snake. (retic or burm) Can any of you help me, or do any of you have any idea as to how i may be able to get him back. Or do you think he's lost for good?

Kyle

Let me see what I can do.

David

Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #59
the_b00gie
Thank you David, your help is really appreciated. I don't think this guy wants the cops coming to his house again. After you called the scammer for me this morning, he e-mailed me, i told him i wanted my snake back and he seemed very cooperative. David comes to the rescue again! It sounds as if i am going to get back my Indian X Burm! ...This guy should def be reported so there is no chance this can happen to yet another person. Thanks David.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #60
binary71
this is really an amazing story. glad you guys are getting your snakes back and Dave is definitely a stand up guy for helping them. wish all the boi threads could end like this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
amanda senter, david huffman, kingdragon, whitefang