Bad Guy Boamaster (Mark Venhorst) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #51
Iloverhacs
Why didn't the vet give you any kind of paperwork or receipts when you paid for the visit?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #52
DrLew
This is better than the casey anthony trial.......................

Old 06-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #53
apreske
They gave me a reciept for what I paid for but that's all. They are going to send us the official paper work today. As soon as I get it I will send it to Mark and post it on here for everybody to see.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #54
Iloverhacs
Vets Always give you some kind of paper work at the visit. Even if it is just a check up. And if the results have to be sent out for testing, they give you a sheet saying the matter, stool, scraping etc is being sent out.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #55
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloverhacs View Post
Vets Always give you some kind of paper work at the visit. Even if it is just a check up.
I'm not taking sides but I will say I've taken snakes to the vet and only received a receipt and no other paperwork more than once. heck I'm still waiting for copies of the necropsy report on my boa and that was over a month ago.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #56
Show Me
I never get receipts or paperwork from my vet unless I ask. I don't even pay till the end of the month as he just runs a tab for me. My vet is awesome I can walk into his clinic use just about any equipment I want. So it's very possible Allison didn't get any paperwork.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #57
Bill T
Quote:
Vets Always give you some kind of paper work at the visit. Even if it is just a check up. And if the results have to be sent out for testing, they give you a sheet saying the matter, stool, scraping etc is being sent out.
Please let my vet know this.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #58
Taking Up Serpents
Has Mark been notified of this thread?
Not trying to be biased or anything. But I have dealt with Mark for years now. His cages/racks are excellent and I swear by them. I have also purchased animals from him. I can't say there was never an issue, but when there was he would work out something so neither was feeling lke the had been "got". These situations were few compared to the many times we have done business. I would do business with him again, especially for cages.
Now I might take fire for this; but when dealing with flippers you take some risks and Mark does flip as well as breed. Not saying all flippers are bad guys, not at all. I know of some that do very well. But buying an animal from a breeder you forgo the risks posed by flippers. The animals history and lineage are easily known with breeders.
Always, always check the TOS. And there's usually a reason a deal seems to good to be true. You get what you pay for.
I hope that Mark addresses the situation and posts here. I am also sorry for your experience, but that's how we learn best.
Please post every thing you have in regards to e-mails, text messages, and vet bills. If I were you I would also contact him (or attempt to) and let him know of this thread.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #59
apreske
I let Mark know that I was going to post this on the BOI last week. I haven't gotten a response out of him. I have posted all of the emails that I have. I called my vet today and asked him about the papers again and he said it was going to be tommorow before he gets to it because he is so busy. I do have the bill for how much we paid for the medicine. I'll take a picture of it and put it on here later.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #60
shane159
Quote:
Not my vet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!