Bad Guy NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM GENERALEXOTICS.COM!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Jadenkisses
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM GENERALEXOTICS.COM!!!

I want to share the horrific experience with GeneralExotics.com, so that people can be aware of what happened to me before they think of purchasing anything from this person.
I purchased 2 male Red Eyed Tree Frogs from them. When I recieved them, I opened the package right way, and was horrified. They were, according to my standards, packed terribly. The containers the frogs were in had almost no cushion/support - so the frogs were probably knocked around a great deal. The cold pack they provided was broken and leaking everwhere, and I believe it was put into the box like that by whoever packed the frogs. This is because the cold pack was punctured several times, yet there was absolutly no damage to the outside of the box. Both of the frogs were dead on arrival, and I truly believe this was due to the carelessness and neglegence of the person who packed the frogs, and certainly not that of the carrier.
I was sent two replacement frogs, after getting a very rude responce about my complaint. I was told that the frogs were alive and fine when they were packed, that the packing job and cold pack were as they should have been, and, did I honestly believe they would send me dead frogs that weren't packed well with a damaged cold pack. As if I were crazy or something, and that they couldn't possibly have made a mistake.
Well, when I recieved the replacement frogs, I once again opened the package right away. They had put more moist paper towel in the containers the frogs were in, and the cold pack was intact. Unfortunatly, one was fine, but the other was clearly dieing. He was extremely thin, barely breathing, limp and lifeless. He also had black color splotches all over his back. He died about an hour after I opened the package. I found it suspicious that one frog was so sick, and one was healthy and still is (2 weeks later). They were both subjected to the exact same things during transit, yet one arrived in horrible condition and the other was unaffected by the shipping what so ever.
GeneralExotics.com claims to have a 98% sucess rate with live arrivals, yet 3 out of 4 frogs I was sent died. I call that a 25% sucess rate. It's ultimatly your decision whether or not you purchase from them or not, but as an extremely unsatsified customer, I advise that you not.
I have also shared my experience with the USARK and the BBB, and will continue to share my experience with everyone and anyone who will listen.
Thanks for reading - and expect that General Exotics will most likely try to defend themselves.

Jade Langlinais