anybody ever deal with Hank molts global herp??? need some feedback - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #51
Micropechis
To Leslie, and all Hank Molt's other clients and friends

Leslie,

My name is Peter Nguyen. I have heard from a number of reliable sources that gentleman herpetoculturist Hank Molt will be attending the 2007 Daytona Expo in August. He may arrive at the Expo before the event officially opens (if he leaves for the Expo from his much-talked-about, cutting-edge facilities in the mountains of Georgia), or he may arrive a little late (if he leaves for the Expo from his current residence in Andersonville, NC, or from his new "home-away-from-home-and-herps" in Ohio); but Hank, as all of you know well, is a man of his word. If he says he'll be at the Expo, he'll be there. And according to his website:

http://www.globalherp.com/id117.htm

... he'll be there with "CASH IN HAND"! Presumably Hank, honorable businessman that he is, plans to use some small percentage of the enormous sums available to him to reimburse the several colleagues and clients to whom he still owes money.

I (Peter Nguyen), Randal Berry, and Tim Colston will be among those present to enjoy Hank's long-missed companionship and to collect on the debts that he owes us (paltry sums to a man of leisure like Hank, of course; but significant to me, to Randal, and to Tim). I'm certain that Hank will welcome this opportunity to square whatever outstanding debts exist with any of his esteemed colleagues and valued clients. I recommend that you contact Hank immediately and propose that we all meet at the Daytona Expo for a weekend of friendships renewed, misunderstandings cleared up, disputes dismissed, and -- most importantly -- debts settled.

I look forward to meeting you, Leslie.

I look forward to seeing you, Hank.

Best regards,

Peter

Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #52
Justin Mitcham
lol...
My 1st experience with Hank was a nightmare, guy called me up purposely to stand me up on a transaction we were to do in person. Then when I called him for an explanation he told me I had done the same to him many years prior!!!...after some heated words he then admitted that he never even spoke to me or arranged any deal with me, to meet etc.. etc... That a friend of his who at the time was heavily into cocaine had told him to go collect animals from me which his friend paid a non refundable deposit on and then dissappeared for months on a coke binge.
It would also be nice if Hank removed our geomyda japonica pics from his website. He never had permission to use those pics or to sell animals that didn't even belong to him.
In the end I found the guy to be callous, abrasive, dishonest and pretty much a jerk all around.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #53
Snakeman1
micropechis, you have to be kidding us. hank has done this probably more times and anyone will know. he is notorious for pulling this type of crap! A gentlemen herpetoculturist? please, we all know his wonderful history. his cash in hand slogan has been on his website for years. selling animals he doesnt have and then scrambling to try to find something is rediculous. esteemed colleagues and valued clients???? he must value yall alot since he doesn't pay his debts ina timely fashion.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #54
Karen Clark
Umm, pretty sure Micropechis was writing sarcastically.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #55
DThomas
Interesting story here involving Hank acting as the intermidiary in the illegal animal trade. He should have been prosecuted. The link will open a pdf file.

Story

Old 10-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #56
FLTortoise
Mr. Molt may have a colorful past, however this article is far from an indictment he did anything wrong. A little sensationalism to make a story kind of like the inflated annual number of $3B of US illegal activity. Stuff like this is written to make wildlife policing more relevant. USFWS would love to pop Hank and Hank will tell you this himself. Therefore, if Hank did anything wrong, he would have been charged.

In any event, this article was very well written and a good read overall.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #57
Cat_72
A stated, the article was very well written....I see no "sensationalism". And wildlife policing is indeed more relevant if they are illegally taking protected species. People deserve to get "popped" for such things. If he isn't doing anything wrong, why would USFWS be so determined to get him?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #58
Serafim
Its a conspiracy Cat.......

Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #59
Aaron Mattson
The article states that there is no possible way to legally obtain a twinspot. It omits the fact that there could be twinspots that are captive born descendants of parents(or grandparents) originally collected before they were protected. Twinspots would not be unique in this regard as there are many species which survive in captivity as legal captive born descendants of specimens originally collected before being made illegal to collect.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:35 AM   #60
Cat_72
The Twinspot discussed in the article had been clearly marked by a biologist studying in the Chiricahuas...in the wild. No captive bred specimen there.

Curious, how long have they actually been protected?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!