Inquiry Rodent Pro? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #51
EastCoastArboreals
I've had nothing but good experiences with ordering from them. I've ordered 3 times and about 1500 mice and rats with no issues. When you order big, I calculated a $275.00 order if bought from the local shops here in town would have cost me a little over $1800.00.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #52
DISCERN
The comparison that crotalusadamanteus has shown between Rodent Pro and the competitor is pretty obvious.

From what I know, Rodent Pro doesn't produce much or any of their rodent supply, but are using local breeders from their area. To some, that may draw a red flag, as quality control may not be as closely watched. Places like Big Cheese DO produce all of their product, so for others, that may mean more.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #53
Carlene16
My last big order of mice and rats was from them and I was extremely satisfied compared to the other place I was getting them from.

They did a custom order for me, when usually they do have a set amount per bag. But I told them what I needed and they emailed back saying everything would work out! Their customer service was great. I will be ordering from them again.

Everything came in as I had ordered, packed perfectly. Not just tossed in the bag, everything was in a perfect line, excluding the mice pinkies

And the dry ice was especially fun to play with

Old 03-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #54
Metachrosis
I was going to mention this earlier,which actually holds more weight then some folks care to factor.
I personally dont care for prey thats raised on Old Roy puppy chow

Quality is where you find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCERN View Post
The comparison that crotalusadamanteus has shown between Rodent Pro and the competitor is pretty obvious.

From what I know, Rodent Pro doesn't produce much or any of their rodent supply, but are using local breeders from their area. To some, that may draw a red flag, as quality control may not be as closely watched. Places like Big Cheese DO produce all of their product, so for others, that may mean more.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #55
tracycandy
I've split an order with another herper and my mice came in looking as expected. I'll be ordering from them again.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #56
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Star Reptile View Post
Their pinkies tend to have a few broken off parts. But other than that all good!
I forgot about that. An empty bag full of legs and arms at the end, lol. Not something I think they can help, but funny!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #57
karen13
Love Rodent Pro! I've received two separate shipments from Rodent Pro and am quite pleased with them. The first time I purchased from them online, I accidentally clicked the back button after sending payment and was charged twice. Without knowing I had been charged double, Rodent Pro called me up 9 am the very next morning to notify me of the mistake and letting me know they had already credited back the hundred something dollars to my credit card. (The man I spoke to on the phone was extremely nice and wanted to know how the mistake happened so they could prevent it from happening again.) ;-) Rodent Pro is an "honest" company with quality feeders. I highly recommend them.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #58
crotalusadamanteus
See, I have yet to experience anything coming from Rodent Pro looking like this. They've always just been haphazardly stuffed into the bag with freezer burned extremities, just like the example I gave above.

That other pic I posted has been in the freezer since my last Big Cheese order, 6 months ago, and they still aren't as burned as the ones I just got from RP. No comparison in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
This one is from RodentPro, though I must say that most of my bags look like Rick's.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #59
paulWTAMU
mine have never looked that neat, but they've never been bad either.
There's not a lot of choices for things like rabbits, so that kind of factors into my decision, but they've always been fine for me.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #60
Herp.Herp.Hooray
Just received an order a couple weeks ago... Will use them again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!