BOI sponsorships.. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #51
TheFragginDragon
Reducing the price (even temporarily) for the sponsorship program sold me Rich; times are definitely tight, but I'm in now. It's not much, but I want to (and will continue to) do as much as I can to keep the BOI around. Thanks!!

Old 12-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #52
WebSlave
Actually I think it looks pretty snazzy with those banner ads. I'm working with a guy to upgrade my current banner ad script to something new, so I may consider doing this sort of thing for all the forum sponsorships. Sure does beat the heck out of having a long list of text links.....

Thanks guys...

Old 12-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #53
TripleMoonsExotic
Maybe you should talk to your programmer about ways to adjust the upgraded banner script so that not everything gets blocked by AdBlock? Sadly, banner advertising isn't as fruitful for the advertisers as it once was with the creation of AdBlock (which I'm guilty of using).

Old 12-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #54
KelliH
AdBlock doesn't block jpgs and gifs though, does it?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #55
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, AdBlock blocks all sorts of images. It doesn't go by the file type, it goes by the source of the image and what the image is named (for example, if the file is called "banner" it will block that). I also noticed that it will block certain sizes of images that are standard banner sizes now as well. For example, I have a client that I work with on a weekly basis doing sales websites...His 125x125 and 150x150 do not get blocked..But his 468x60 and 728x90 banners do...Even though they aren't named banner. Strange stuff.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #56
KelliH
Hmm thanks for the info.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #57
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Maybe you should talk to your programmer about ways to adjust the upgraded banner script so that not everything gets blocked by AdBlock? Sadly, banner advertising isn't as fruitful for the advertisers as it once was with the creation of AdBlock (which I'm guilty of using).
Actually, I recall one or more threads on here a while back where a bunch of people were advocating using FireFox because it will block a lot of the ads here. It kind of aggravated me when I am trying hard to GET advertisers here, but what the heck, it is what it is. Probably some of those people are now singing a different tune when they are posting their own ads and wishing more people were able to see them. I guess a lot of people would rejoice to see internet advertising just end, but then be dismayed when many of the sites went away afterwards as a result. Life is just filled with compromises, isn't it?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #58
TripleMoonsExotic
I hear you. It's frustrating as a website owner, but is just as frustrating on the other end of things as a user. I think what happens is that some places abuse advertising on their sites (mySpace for example) and then other websites that aren't bad suffer for it.

For those that are using AdBlock and want to turn them on here on Fauna to help support Fauna and the advertisers, look for the little stop sign icon in the bottom right corner of your browser...Right click and then click "Disable FaunaClassifieds.com" and then all the pretty banners are available for you to see.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #59
KelliH
FYI I have AdBlock enabled here but I still see the jpg and gif banners in the top right corner and in the sidebar. The only ads I don't see are the Google AdSense ads and the Flash banners.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #60
KelliH
Well, I spoke too soon... AdBlock does block most of the banners. I'm disabling it again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!