Feedback wanted from the members on a livestock section. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
Gladiatorial implications sell, Rich.

Well if it's a sales pitch we are looking for, I guess we should put "SEX" somewhere in the title, then......

Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #52
SamanthaJane13
I suggested "FaunaClassifieds goes Ruby Ridge" as a possible title.

Guess that didn't make the cut...

Old 02-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #53
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post

Nothing is really off the table at this point for a name for the forum.

Anyone got any other ideas, or votes on what is already on the table?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #54
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well if it's a sales pitch we are looking for, I guess we should put "SEX" somewhere in the title, then......
My advice would be to steer clear of "Sex and livestock"

Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #55
AbsoluteApril
Rich your option 7 sounds okay but 'Preparedness' just doesn't roll off the tongue so well. Maybe 'Planning'? honestly the term 'survival' doesn't turn me away and is kinda 'trendy' in t.v. shows...

I think it would be fine either way. Just use anything but 'EXTREME'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post

I suspect a lot of the younger crowd don't know what Ruby Ridge or Waco is even about...

Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #56
SamanthaJane13
Talking

LOL-I WAS just kidding about Ruby Ridge.

Hey-how about "Here comes the BIG ONE!! Kiss your azz good-bye!"??

It's catchy!!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #57
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
My advice would be to steer clear of "Sex and livestock"
EWWWWWW!!!

Just...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #58
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Anyone have an interest in this? I have to admit that I find such topics of interest myself, but I'm trying not to be overly influenced by my own interest.

There seems to be a lot going on in the world these days that the deeper you look into it, the more worrisome it appears. Is it better to bring these thoughts out into the open to hash over them, or just ignore them and hope that nagging sense in the pit of your stomach is just something you ate recently not agreeing with you?
It is better to talk about them. Not only does putting your thoughts of such things in order make them clearer to you, but you may kindle a spark of understanding in others that may lead them to safer and more prepared lives.

For those who have considered these implications and ignored them, they will just be out of luck if the shtf; but my heart goes out to those who by circumstance were perhaps overwhelmed with their lives to the point of not taking time to learn and consider. Reading such thoughts here might be a lifesaver to them.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #59
WebSlave
OK, Dennis, this was your suggestion, so how about picking the title YOU want and we'll run with it. If we are going to do this, let's just do it.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #60
Nirvana
I recently learned that the term "Bug-Out" is a more mainstream term for what we call IZA ... I guess a forum called "Bugging Out" might not be inclusive enough, tho.

I think the title "Survival and Self-Reliance Forum" sounds catchy and is inclusive enough of the topics in the subheading. I don't think people would get turned off by the starkness of the word "survival" (at least, not those who would be likely to actually post in the forum).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!