Bad Guy Heather Colwell / Majestic Morphs - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #51
stevek123
This I copied and pasted directly off the Pro-Exotics web-site. I hope that is OK with them. This is where I got the 48 hr information from on their guarantee.

"Reptiles are guaranteed for 48 hours after shipment. Once an animal leaves our facility, we have no real control over the care (or lack thereof) that you offer. After 48 hours of the shipment arrival, we assume no further liabilities. We are available by phone or email for extensive support, and we always try and establish basic husbandry requirements BEFORE you receive your animal. Your success is our success, and customers get absolute priority in the problem solving area. We are proud of our customer service record, and we will be there to answer your questions, whether it is 2 days into your experience, or 2 years."

This is the first I have seen these e-mails and any proof that she did investigating as to the pewters condition. The fact that Robyn seems to think there is something very wrong and not due to shipping, is very good input from such a reliable breeder/source. Why did Heather keep this information from me? Would it, in her mind, make her look bad. I can't speak for her, but maybe she will tell us?

Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #52
MajesticMorphs
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:45 PM
To: 'robyn@shipyourreptiles.com'
Subject: undelivered package

Hello Robyn,
We shipped a package with your service yesterday, and it was due by 10:30 am this morning. My
customer has reported to me that the package never arrived. After speaking to FedEx several times,
he found out that the package will not be there till tomorrow. The health of the two baby ball pythons
is a concern. Please let me know what your thoughts are about this issue.
Thank You,
John and Heather

Old 09-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #53
HighVoltageRoyals
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticMorphs View Post
my failure to ask the condition of the pewter , was because I received detailed emails from steve daily telling me his condition
Would you mind posting those emails that you received from him about the pewters condition with headers? I think it would be pretty important seeing as he is making it sound like you couldn't care less about the pewter.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #54
MajesticMorphs
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:47 PM
To: 'Steve Kovarie'
Subject: RE: male pewter & cinny

Hello Steve,
First off let me apologize for this huge inconvenience..I am sincerely sorry,,I have emailed the
shipping company directly and left several messages for the owner. As soon as I hear back from them I
will immediately forward you any and all information I get. Please let me know if you hear anything on
your end,…
Thank you ,
John and Heather

Old 09-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #55
MajesticMorphs
FORWARDED DIRECTLY TO STEVE......

Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:13 PM
To: 'Steve Kovarie'
Subject: FW: ShipYourReptiles Re: undelivered package

From: proexotics@gmail.com [mailtoroexotics@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robyn Markland
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:09 PM
To: Heather Colwell
Subject: ShipYourReptiles Re: undelivered package

Hi John, thanks for the email.

I have tracked that package in question:

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_...nglish&tracknu
mber_list=797537617005

I am sorry to hear of the delay. The package is on a flight that left
Memphis today. Memphis is the main FedEx hub. It SHOULD HAVE been on
the outbound flight last night, it must have missed that connection
somehow, causing the delay.

FedEx does a fantastic job for us, delayed packages are a rare occurrence.
Still, it is a great pain in the neck when it does happen, for both you and
your customer.

The package will be delivered tomorrow by 10:30am.

Weather looks great for shipping right now. Given healthy reptiles, packed
in a well insulated box, the extra day in transit shouldn't have any ill effects
on the animals themselves. It doesn't change the inconvenience of the
situation, but the animals themselves, which are the most important aspect,
should be fine.

I will track the package again in the morning, to follow the progress.

Again I apologize for the hassle and inconvenience. I appreciate your
understanding and patience, a delayed package is never a fun situation, but
it typically has a positive outcome.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions or issues.

Robyn@ShipYourReptiles
(303) 730-2125 ext. 4

AllProShipping.com
AllProMediaworks.com
ProExotics.com
Tempgun.com

Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #56
MajesticMorphs
I will have to go through emails thoroughly later...It appears that Steve left a few out

Old 09-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #57
Lucille
There are a couple flags here for me. These critters were late getting in,and the buyer says they were cold. At that point, if it were me, I'd have looked them over REALLY close. But buyer takes the time to post that they look 'beautiful and fine' and even posts to the seller's profile. Buyer takes the time to look over the bags for mites, but allegedly doesn't take the time to closely check the snakes themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post

The BP arrived at the designated time. They were cold, the heat pack was warm.
They looked OK. (I was surprised they were not packed in individual deli cups for protection and so they would not be startled be each others movements). Rather they were each in their own snake bag laying directly on top of each other. I put them in their tubs and checked the bags for mites, clean. I sent Heather an e-mail that the goods were received and they looked beautiful and fine. I even posted good comments (before she shipped, she asked me to do this when I got the snakes) on her Profile at 2:17 AM the morning of delivery. I sent her an immediate e-mail that the snakes had arrived in good condition.
The next day, the buyer does not mention the time to post both email and to the seller's profile, and check snake bags.

Quote:
I didn’t spend and time. Just in his box and I went to bed.
Finally, I have a problem every time I see a buyer saying he will keep the critter and still get money back. I'm OK when I see a seller making an offer like that to remedy a situation, but it just seems like gold digging when a buyer wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Quote:

I may be willing to keep him at a substantial discount.
I don't know what happened here, but I do not think that it is immediately obvious when or where this injury took place.

I think that often, a BOI thread will give something to the community to take away with them so that future transactions will fare better for having read the thread. In this thread, what I would take away, is that buyers who email the seller that everything is fine should realize what they are saying.

If you are too tired to check the critter out (wrong answer, you should always check the critter out) don't put something in writing about the critter you didn't check.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #58
stevek123
If fairness to myself, I did not update Heather every day on the condition of the Pewter.
My e-mails to her where I did "up-date Heather" on the pewters condition were far from detailed. I was hoping she would come back and ask for more information but that never happened.

When Heather finally asked how he was doing on Sunday Sept 25 (4 days after he arrived, and after I e-mailed and questioned why she never asked) I gave her the first detailed review on how he was doing and what I was doing in treatment.

Heather states she evaluated all the possibilities on what "could" have happened to him and what she came up with was that I closed a lid down on top of him.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #59
MajesticMorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There are a couple flags here for me. These critters were late getting in,and the buyer says they were cold. At that point, if it were me, I'd have looked them over REALLY close. But buyer takes the time to post that they look 'beautiful and fine' and even posts to the seller's profile. Buyer takes the time to look over the bags for mites, but allegedly doesn't take the time to closely check the snakes themselves.

The next day, the buyer does not mention the time to post both email and to the seller's profile, and check snake bags.

Finally, I have a problem every time I see a buyer saying he will keep the critter and still get money back. I'm OK when I see a seller making an offer like that to remedy a situation, but it just seems like gold digging when a buyer wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I don't know what happened here, but I do not think that it is immediately obvious when or where this injury took place.

I think that often, a BOI thread will give something to the community to take away with them so that future transactions will fare better for having read the thread. In this thread, what I would take away, is that buyers who email the seller that everything is fine should realize what they are saying.

If you are too tired to check the critter out (wrong answer, you should always check the critter out) don't put something in writing about the critter you didn't check.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #60
MajesticMorphs
Quote:
If fairness to myself, I did not update Heather every day on the condition of the Pewter.
My e-mails to her where I did "up-date Heather" on the pewters condition were far from detailed. I was hoping she would come back and ask for more information but that never happened.

When Heather finally asked how he was doing on Sunday Sept 25 (4 days after he arrived, and after I e-mailed and questioned why she never asked) I gave her the first detailed review on how he was doing and what I was doing in treatment.

Heather states she evaluated all the possibilities on what "could" have happened to him and what she came up with was that I closed a lid down on top of him.
Yes Steve it IS and Was a possibility!! NOBODY KNOWS..Personally I know that the snake never left with a mark on its chin, and I dont see how it could have happened in a padded box while in a snake bag...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!