AIRBORNE, DHL, RICHARD WILSON, and MY LOST PACKAGE - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #51
elago
Airborne

Airborne's a company to steer totally clear of when shipping animals. I had a shipment of ETB's in 8/03 come to me from FLA that never showed up, the driver apparently could not find the address... So i/o calling me, he took them back to the home office in Memphis TN an hour away, I called up and raised cain, these were after all ETB's, not corns or anything, and finally got my shipment at 9:30 PM by an off duty driver... Steer clear of Airborne! -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*
http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com

Old 06-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #52
DISCERN
Just like Craig said.........

I believe that you owe Richard Wilson a BIG apology. Here is why:

In your frustration of not getting your snakes with complaining about their bad service, which is totally understandable, he may lose his account if Airborne finds out he shipped snakes and they really don't care for that. That is a big deal to someone like him who breeds snakes and needs a way to ship them.

Also....here is a quote from you:

"ok so isnt the seller responible then seeing as he shipped them airborne? i didnt ask for them to be shipped that way ? i mean it isnt my fault how the seller decided to ship"

No, Richard had nothing to do with the whole thing with Airborne. As far as what method of shipment, you didn't ask, did you? Then.....that is another reason he shipped Airborne, .....it was his normal way of shipping!

A few posts back, here is another quote from you:

"i dont see where you get anyone was trying to fry richard this post was pretty much about airbornes incompitance even though he chose to ship through them it really isnt his fault "

Uh....well,...let's see. His name is in your post title, and first you state as a question that he was responsible, as I have shown in the first quote from you in my post here. That pretty much shows that you were wanting to make him look like a bad guy.

THEN...........out of nowhere, your neighbor brings you your snakes! Awesome!!!!!!! I am very happy for you!!!!! Great to know that the snakes made it safely and you got your snakes and your money was well spent.

BUT.....the question of what you have said about Richard Wilson and how you made him out to be, with the proof I have shown you, is still out in the open. You made this thread with his name, and equating him to the problem you had, which was not his fault at all. He had no idea your neighbor was going to sign for you, did he?

This guy deserves an apology on this thread. It is pretty evident with how you have handled things regarding this situation.

As far as Airborne, I have heard many things both good and bad about them. I have had 3 snakes shipped to me via Airborne and it was all good. You get bad examples from every shipping company. Somehow it just happens that way.

I am not ragging on you at all, but trying to encourage you to do the right thing.

Take care!

Billy Fraser

Old 06-18-2004, 07:10 PM   #53
Luchog
I guess i'm the lone voice of dissention

Quote:
i dont see where you get anyone was trying to fry richard this post was pretty much about airbornes incompitance even though he chose to ship through them it really isnt his fault
Quote:
Can't blame him, though, because there is really nothing he CAN do. He's on the verge of losing his Airborne/DHL account anyway, so I'm sure this is every bit as much of a nightmare for him as it is for you.
Okay, let me see if i've got this straight: DHL/Airborne prohibits the shipping of live animals; the seller chooses to use DHL to ship live animals, knowing that they prohibit live animals, even though there are two other services that permit the shipping of live animals; the seller chose this agency on his own, without a request by the buyer to use this service. And yet the seller has no responsibility for the animal not showing up?

I'm missing the logic here; because it looks to me like the seller is, in fact, at least partially at fault; and bears the brunt of the responsiblity for tracking and recovery. Every reputable seller I have ever worked for and purchased from has taken the responsibility to 1) use a shipping agency and method appropriate to the product and 2) ensure that the customer receives the product ordered, and take action to rectify any problems along the way.

I've had similar, though less severe, problems with UPS drivers when purchasing various items (not live critters) shipped through them. One left a package with a neighbor, despite the package needing a signature, and not being authorized to leave it with anyone else. Another simply tagged my door with their "could not deliver package" stickynote; despite the fact that I was home all day (with the exception of a 15 minute jaunt down to the corner store). The kicker is that the note indicated that he had made several attempts to deliver the package, including during the "after 5pm" time slot; even though the note was left a little before 3pm. Needless to say I called up and filed a complaint.

Old 06-19-2004, 03:57 AM   #54
LOSTNCONFUSED
this is for billy frasier

ok first off billy when i ship animals to someone im responsible for those animals until they get it in thier hands when i made richard aware of the problem i left my number for him to call back almost 2 hours mlater i get a reply talking about whats the drivers name and the manager i spoke to he didnt call me like i requested and didnt even include his number for me to do so i had to get his number from dhl to which i called 4 times with no answer it wasnt until i blocked my number that he answered was he trying to avoid my calls i dont know but it sure seems that way
and when i finally did get in touch with him he was so nonchalant about the whole thing like he could really care less basicly he had gotten his cash and thats all he cared about if it were me i would be calling dhl to raise all holy hell yes i did get my animals yes i am happy with them did i overreact? no i dont think so do i owe richard a apoligy i dont think i have anything to apoligies for
he was the one who chose the shipping method he was the one who acted like he couldnt really care less if anyone owes anyone a apoligy he owes me one it was his irrisponsible shipping methods that caused me a great deal of stress it was his not careing attitude that has made sure i never shhop with him again
ive said all i care to say on this subject

Old 06-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #55
DISCERN
John....

The thing you are not seeing is that you acted VERY prematurely by coming here with your post that basically made Richard out to be a bad guy. Your reason? His use of shipping with Airborne.

What is so funny about that is that you have been already asked by one other person on this thread besides me about whether or not you knew which shipping method he was going to use to ship your snakes. Apparently, it wasn't important enough for you to know and you are giving us all here the idea that you didn't know.

That is why it is COMPLETELY ridiculous for you to say this:

"he was the one who chose the shipping method he was the one who acted like he couldnt really care less if anyone owes anyone a apoligy he owes me one it was his irrisponsible shipping methods that caused me a great deal of stress it was his not careing attitude that has made sure i never shhop with him again"

How was it HIS irresponsible shipping methods that caused this? The driver, whom Richard does not know, left the box out. Richard had nothing to do with this! Your neighbor, being very cool, helped you out by picking it up, while you come on here with no knowledge of what happened and prematurely made out a bad guy post about Richard. If it was for just Airborne, I would completely understand, but like others have seen, it was a bit quick for you to come on here and equate Richard with the idiot driver for Airborne.

Honestly.....you say that Richard was non chalant about this. I don't find any reason to believe you really cause of how you have avoided the shipping question, yet misuse the term " shipping methods" and its' proper usage is not shown, and how immature this whole thread was with how you handled this. Do you see what I am saying? Your snakes are fine, they are what you paid for, and Richard's name should not have been put on the heading.

I think that the intentions of the BOI were actually misused by yourself. Richard did not rip you off, plain and simple. It is very simple to understand why you owe him an apology.

Take care!
Billy

Old 06-19-2004, 06:00 PM   #56
Richard Wilson
Airborne, DHL,Richard Wilson, amd my lost package

I had a friend contact me to let me know what was going on in here. I rarely if ever visit this forum, but I had o see what all the fuss is about. I am Richard Wilson and I will tell my story so maybe this nonsence can come to an end. On Monday June 7 5:17 pm I received an email from John about the pair of Brazilian amarili I had posted for sale. He asked the usual questions about the animals. I work nights so when I checked my email the morning of 6-8 at 10:26 I read his email and replied to him answering his questions. The last question he asked in his email to me was how do I ship. I replied that I usually ship airborne express overnight. He never mentioned shipping to me again, so i assumed that this method of shipping was ok by him. I ship this way because here in AZ it is very hot so I ship with whomever ships overnight for morning delivery. I take the animals down to Airbornes office at the airport so the animals do not ride around in a truck, my way they go directly to the airport and from airbornes facility are loaded onto the plane, so any exposure to the outside air temp is minimized, I do shipping this way for the saftey of the animals. On 6-8 12:24 John sent me an email asking me for my paypal address so he could send me the money, I sent him the info for paypal. On 6-19 at 9:05 am I received an email from John asking me if I could ship to him that day for Friday delivery. I replied to John on 6-10 at 10:29 that I was working out of town and had made arrangements to ship on the coming Monday for Tuesday morning arrival. On 6-14 at 2:13 pm I received an email from John asking if I had shipped and he wanted the tracking number, at 3:27 I replied to John reqesting his phone number , I will not ship without the recipiants phone number for saftey reasons, at 3:33 I received a reply from John saying he did not know why I had to have his number to ship but here is the number, at 4:28 I emailed John and told him I was leaving for the airport to ship out his animals, I told him they would arrive by 10:30 am in the morning and in caps I told him you MUST be there to accept the package, gave him the tracking number and told him to let me know as soon as the package arrived. I then shipped the animals.Now this is where things get interesting, on 6-18 at 8:31 am I received an email from John telling me that the package did not arrive, at 8:56 I email John asking him if he had checked his porch and confirmed the address he gave me with him just to make sure the address I shipped to was in fact his home address, in that same reply to John I told him that I would start checking into it, if he hears anything to let me know. I replied to him in 24 minutes, during the 24 minutes I was checking airbornes tracking page to see the status of the delivery. Staus was DELIVERED and sighned for by J.Zalasa. John claimed he had called his local airborne office and talked with the manager. After replying to John I was now calling airborne to see what I could find out. At 9:02 am I received another email from John telling me the driver had returned telling John he left the package on his porch, now I have to ask myself why the driver would say that when he had a signature on the ticket, but then John says the driver changed his story now saying he gave the package to a man that came out of the house and the man sighned for the package, the driver was then extreemly rude and then left, John says then in his email that he has had trouble with the driver before. John then says he spoke to the manager again and was told by the manager that I would have to file a claim. So I called airborne again and they informed me that John had already filed a claim and they were going to mail me the paperwork, at this time that is all the info I had received from airborne, package was delivered on time to the correct address and sighned for , and a claim had already been filed. I then emailed John asking him for the name and number of the manager he talked to so I could call him to see if I could get anymore info. John would not give me that information. So I told John that if in fact the package was lost or delivered to the wrong address that I always mark the box with my full shipping info including my number and the same information for the receiver, I always do that just in case during shipping the label becomes missing or lost, then all they would need to do is look at the box and get all the information they need to get the package to its rightful owner, again just a saftey precaution. John emails me back at 10:04 am telling me he does not know the name or number of the manager he talked to , says he does not know anyone by the name sighned on the ticket, went thru the story about the driver returning again, then tells me the driver is a filthy liar and has done this before just dropping off the package honking his horn and drives off like a mad man. I still have not gotten any kind of information from airborne as to what may have happened to the package. So at this time I am still waiting for airborne to call me ith any information about this problem. John then calls me and wants to know what I am going to do, I explained to John that I was waiting to here from airborne, and as of now I was going to wait untill I hear from them before I do anything.I explained to John that Airborne was going to send me a copy of the signature on the ticket and a physical description of the person that sighned for the package. I told John I would contact him as soon as I hear anything and it may be the following morning before he hears from me as I was getting ready to leave for work and do not get home from work untill after midnight. We hung up the phone I walked in to check my email and had two emails from paypal saying that my account has been frozen due to a complaint made by John, they asked me for the tracking number and the name of the shipper, I emailed them that information and then left for work. I called home from work at 5:30 pm and asked my wife if she had heard anything from airborne, she then tells me no she had not but John had sent an email saying that his neihbor had taken the package , he had his animals and all was well. Paypal had also emailed me to tell me that all was now cacelled and the claim was dropped.
I then read all the post John has been busy posting, boy was it funny, he is saying how irresponsible I am , I dont see that I was irresponsible at all I did everything exactly as I said I would, I was trying to get any info concearning the so called problem from airborne as fast as I could, But John would not furnish me with any info I asked for so maybe I could find out what was going on, I dont know what else I could do at that time but wait for my reply from airborne.
Airborne did finally call me and told me that the driver did in fact deliver the package to Johns address and that in fact a man at that address did sighn for it ,the name sighned was J.Zalsa, remarkably similar to J.peraza.I think the only persons that were irresponsible in this whole thing is John and his neihbor, where was John while the package and the driver were at his house and his neihbor was sighning for it, where was Johns neihbor when the driver returned and John and the driver were arguing out in front of Johns house. Johns neihbor was very irresponsible in his actions, taking and sighning for the package and just assumming John was not home takes the package to his house without even knocking on Johns door to see if John is home, or leaving John a note telling John what he did, very very irresponsible if you ask me. John is the one who is responible for his problem, he knew the animals were coming, from his own email to me he tells me how they have delivered to him before without knocking just dropping off the package and driving away like a mad man, knowing all of this I would think John would have been alot more watchfull. Boy it sure seems alot happened on Johns front porch while he was waiting for that driver to drop the package, honk his horn and drive away like a mad man.
The thing that concearns me is knowing how incompetent John is when it comes to receiving an animal, it makes me feel like maybe he is also to incompetent to take care of the animals. And again the poor unfortunate animals are the victums of these irresponsible buyers, and that is a shame.
Richard Wilson

Old 06-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #57
LOSTNCONFUSED
Ok Billy if you read the post you can clearly see that for the most part it's about airborne, And yes i knew he was shipping via this method and yes i could have requested a diferent shipping method and i didnt that falls on me .I find it important to mention once again the reason why richards name is mentioned here is, when i made him aware of the situation and asked him to call me he didnt . When i tried calling him repeatedly my calls went UNanswered,it wasnt until i went ahead and blocked my number that he went and answerd ,leaving me to believe that he was avoiding me. When i was speaking to him his whole attitude was pretty much like he didnt care about the situation and like i was iritateing him .Now i never went ahead and called him a bad guy but i sure as hell am not going to call him a good guy .If you want to do so fine, if you want to deal with him fine, if you feel that i was premature to post this post fine, i dont feel as such. First off i feel that he did nothing to help me out on my predicament .After my spending $750 with him he couldnt even be botherd to start to fill out a claim (which if the package is lost as a sender this responsibility falls on him) .I had to have airborne send him the paperwork.Maybe its just me but when i send out animals and they get misplaced (yes it has happend to me) i stop what im doing and make that my priority. He could not be botherd to do this. Yes i got my animals , yes they are healthy, yes they are what i paid for but ,it could have went the total other way. this guy didnt even try to do squat to help me so if you feel that that is the makeings of a good guy then so be it. If you want to proceed to attempt to bash me then thats ok.Its not going to change the events one bit. No matter how you make it this wasnt my fault. If you think that i misused the boi then thats sure is your opinion ,but you know what they say about opinons .I came here makeing people aware of my situation AND to ask for suggestions, and i am not pointing the finger at just 1 person .There is more than just one person to blame here. I'm just stateing the facts in the order that they happend.
john peraza

Old 06-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #58
Richard Wilson
Reply to John peraza

John this is Richard, you keep bring up this point about me not returning your call and that untill you had your number blocked I would not answer my phone, nosence I dont have any type of block on my phone of anykind or caller ID. I did not help you with your problem, As I stated in my email to you and when we talked on the phone that I have in fact talked with airborne they had little information to give me just that you claim the package did not arrive, they say it did and it was sighned for at your house. This was at 9:30 in the morning, When I talked with airborne they informed that you already filed a claim and the paperwork would be sent to me. When I ask you to help me in the investigation by giving me the number and name of the manager you supposedly talked to in your area you refused, I wanted his name and number simply because he is there where the problem accurred, thought maybe he would be more help than the woman that answered the 800 number, she had no idea what was going on , just that you filed a complaint that your animals did not arrive, Now what is it I should have done, sure I can call you and tell you I dont know anything that would really help, I told in my email reply to you that I would contact airborne to see what was going on. I choose to wait and try to get the facts from airborne before calling you, maybe I would have had something to tell you besides I dont know, airborne doesnt know anything yet. You say John you were the only one in this problem that did nothing wrong, in fact John you and your neihbor both were the ones that were completely irresponsible in this whole problem, you were not there to receive the package, and in my email to you telling you I was leaving to ship the animals I told you that you MUST be there to accept the package, you couldnt even handle that simple task, so John had you been waiting like you should have been you surley would have noticed the delivery truck the driver and your neihbor on your front porch talking and your neihbor sighning for the package. That seems like it would be very hard to miss or that you wanted to miss that part. Your neihbor is the one that shares in the incompetence, he takes your package sighnes for it then just leaves, didnt bother to check and see if you were home, didnt leave a note for you telling you he had the package, after all the package was marked LIVE HARMLESS TORTOISES in several places, did your neihbor think that even though you were receiving live animals that day that you were not going to be home, thats very odd to me.
This entire problem is YOUR fault not mine. I did everything exactly as I said I would, I just didnt realize that I was shipping to a completely incompetent person. That is the only mistake I made.
Richard Wilson

Old 06-19-2004, 08:11 PM   #59
LOSTNCONFUSED
OK FIRST OFF YOU KEEP SAYING THAT I WAS NOT HOME. I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU GET THIS FROM? I WAS HOME ALL MORNING !!!!THE MORON DRIVER DID NOT KNOCK ON THE DOOR NOR DID HE HAND THE PACKAGE OFF TO MY NIEGHBOR IF YOU CAN READ YOU WILL SEE THAT MY NEIGHBOR SAW THE PACKAGE ON MY STOOP AND ASSUMED I WAS NOT HOME SO HE PICKED UP THE BOX THAT WAS LABLED LIVE HARMLESS TORTIOSES (WHICH BYE THE WAY MISLABLEING A BOX IS A VIOLATON OF THE LASEY ACT) AND TOOK THEM INTO HIS HOUSE SO THEY WOULD NOT DISAPEAR OR BAKE IN THE SUN. HE DID NOT SIGN FOR THE BOX!!! THE DRIVER FORGED A SIGNATURE IN ORDER TO COVER HIS OWN ASS!!! AS FAR AS YOU HAVEING NO CALLER ID ? WELL I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT 4 OF MY CALLS TO YOU WENT UNANSWERED ,BUT THE SECOND I BLOCK MY NUMBER BAM GUESS WHAT YOU ANSWER !!AS FOR MY BEING IRISPONSIBLE, THE ONLY WAY I WAS IRRISPONSIBLE WAS BY NOT ASKING YOU TO SHIP VIA A DIFFERENT SHIPPER. YOU ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS! AT THE VERY LEAST IF YOU HAD NO INFORMATION YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST CALLED ME TO LET ME KNOW YOU WERE JUST AS WORRIED AS I WAS, AND ATTEMPT TO CALM ME AND REASURE ME .AS FOR MY REFUSAL TO GIVE YOU THE DRIVERS NAME OR THE MANAGERS NUMBER THAT I SPOKE TO, I INFORMED YOU THAT I HAD NO CLUE AS TO THE DRIVERS NAME AND AS FOR THE MANAGERS NUMBER I WAS TRANSFERRED OVER FROM THE 800 CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER.
BUT I GUESS YOU WERE TOO BUSY COUNTING YOUR MONEY TO HEAR THAT!! LOOK BOTTOM LINE YOUR TRYING TO MAKE ME SEEM LIKE THE BAD GUY HERE WHEN IT WAS YOU WHO DIDNT SEEM TO GIVE A S@*$ ABOUT THE PROBLEM!! YOU CAN BET ON ONE THING THAT IN THE FUTURE I WILL NOT BE BRINGING YOU MY BUSINESS!
YOU HAVE SHOWED ME THAT ALTHOUGH YOUR ANIMALS ARE TOP KNOTCH YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAVES ALOT TO BE DESIERD FOR. SAY WHAT YOU LIKE BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE SHOWN A BIT MORE CONCERN
NUFFSAID
JOHN PERAZA

Old 06-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #60
LOSTNCONFUSED
OH AND BYE THE WAY INCOMPITANT ON HOW I TAKE CARE OF MY ANIMALS HUH? WOW THATS FUNNY OK RICHARD YOU KNOW WHAT IM NOT GOING TO GET INTO THIS WITH YOU I TAKE EVERYTHING BACK YOUR A GREAT GUY , YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP SHELF AND SO WHAT IF YOU BREAK THE LASEY ACT HERE AND THERE WHAT ARE RULES FOR ANYWAY?? YOU HAVE A NICE LIFE BUDDY KEEP SHIPPING AIRBORNE FOR THE SAFTY OF THE ANIMALS EVERYONE RICHARD WILSON'S A GREAT GUY FEEL FREE TO SEND HIM YOUR MONEY AND HOPE A PROBLEM DOSENT ARRISE
JOHN PERAZA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!