What would you call her, Hyglo? Hybino....? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-18-2004, 01:24 PM   #51
groovygeckos
I Thought

that matt was saying , that is the pic of the gecko that he originally posted this thread about ! matt ?

Old 11-18-2004, 01:41 PM   #52
MattP
Yes Dan,

That is the same gecko that's on the first page.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #53
groovygeckos
Wink Very Kool !

interesting ! looked more banded as a baby !

Old 11-18-2004, 04:58 PM   #54
robin d.
i call bullshizle on the entireAPTOT, paternlessfrigon this and that and different crap... blah... makes me want to drive down to ron's town , my home town and give him a genetics lesson and then tell him BS... and skip away

Old 11-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #55
diablohogs
for some reason the skipping away part is my favorite.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #56
diablohogs
someone should send ron tremper this link...

genetics wizard

Old 11-19-2004, 05:43 PM   #57
groovygeckos
Talking i like that part too !

Old 11-20-2004, 04:55 AM   #58
robin d.
maybe i could invite him over for thanksgiving and explain genetics to him and a whole room full of mississippi rednecks

wonder who would catch on first? hmm

Old 11-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #59
groovygeckos
Wink ouch!

Old 11-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #60
Golden Gate Geckos
I'm sorry, but...

... I am so confused and frustrated with all of these 'new' morphs I could just spit! I wish I knew more about leopard gecko genetics than I do, but it seems to me that there is more of an ego issue here rather than good genetics studies! It appears to be a race to see who can put their own name on their 'new morph,' and the genetics are getting so diluted that we will not be able to tell what is what.

The truth of the matter is, that NONE of us really understands the complexities of leopard gecko genetics and how they actually relate to what we understand about genetics in general. If the so-called experts can't even determine what a simple recessive gene is vs. a co-dominant, (and now we have to deal with polygenic traits), then how in the heck are we supposed to improve the morphs we currently work on and try to understand those genetics?

Don't get me wrong... all of these geckos are beautiful! But, I am personally sick to death of people trying to get their name put on the map for nothing more than to capitalize on the next 'wave' for people to jump on, and not contribute anything to the actual study and understanding of the morphs themselves!

It's reminiscent of Oscar Night whan all the stars come out to show of their designer name label dresses... "I'm wearing an Armani", and "My gown is a Donna Karan," but it looks like a "Giorgio" and it's really a knock-off...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!