One of Those Days....... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #51
The BoidSmith
Lucille,

With time I have learned there are several kinds of individuals:

1. There are those that won't even bother to listen (they probably feel their time is more valuable elsewhere, and that's OK by me)
2. There are those that will listen to what you have to say but will disagree
with you (again they have their own ideas which I respect).
3. Then there are the ones that will listen to you, nod, maybe say nothing, but inside they still disagree with you (they don't have a better idea to offer, but still don't like yours).
4. Finally those that will listen to you and agree with what you say (aren't
those nice!).

So in reality 25% of the people you encounter daily will ignore you (1), nearly
half may not agree with you (2 and 3), and 25% will sincerely agree with you
(4). In any democracy the majority will win the presidential election. So hey,
if 49% or less of the people do not openly agree with you, I'd say you are in
good shape! One should probably start to get concerned when 50, then 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100% start disagreeing with your position. You should then "start to get concerned", and revise (but not discard) your proposal. Some will argue all this is bull "manure", they are those in group number 2 above, and that's fine by me too

Old 05-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #52
WebSlave
Nope. Amid cries of "selective enforcement of the rules" and "bias and favoritism", I decline to give Lucille a warning post for this thread.

That is about the only benefit of being boss here. I can sometimes look the other way if I feel that action is appropriate and fitting. Besides, I made the rule so I know what it's intent is. It is intended to save people time so they don't HAVE to read a thread just to find out who or what it is about. I did not want people posting threads entitled something like "Watch out for this bad guy!"

And yes, on occasion I will even post threads myself that are here for no other reason then I KNOW that it is the only way to get most people's attention. When it has served its purpose, then I quietly move it to the section where it really should reside.

So no, there is no harm and no foul in this thread. So there will be NO warning points assessed for it. Besides, once I did that, I would also have to assess warning points to Chris Johnson for HIS thread and then watch the fur fly when I did that!

Old 05-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #53
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
No, not really. Just a guy who had a bad idea several years ago and mistakenly hoping maybe tomorrow everything will be better.

I guess I'm just like everyone else. I just want to be over on the other side of the fence where the grass is greener.
No matter the flak you may catch from time to time, you know your ideas have brought many people knowledge, and saved a great deal of people from becoming victims. If you can no longer find satisfaction in your previous accomplishments at least let that be further motivation. You've done a good job, no matter our recent "differences". From the sound of your recent posts however I do believe it sounds as if you've fallen on some hard times perhaps, and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Dont hold my previous statements in the other thread as a personal attack, you know I made certain to state that it wasnt on numerous occasions and you also know that if it WAS a personal attack I would have been out for blood like usual This was not the case, regardless.... People have thier disagreements and differences. We would not be human if we did not. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #54
leaftail
WebSlave, ok but do poems really belong on the BOI? Sorta setting new members up for a fall by leaving this thread here as an example of a legit BOI post? Maybe move the thread to the Feedback Forum. After all it is feedback Very positive feedback. Hard to come by these days.

Lucille, warning points are like wrinkles, or scars! If you don't have any, you haven't lived much! On the other hand, one wrinkle is plenty

Old 05-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #55
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
WebSlave, ok but do poems really belong on the BOI? Sorta setting new members up for a fall by leaving this thread here as an example of a legit BOI post? Maybe move the thread to the Feedback Forum. After all it is feedback Very positive feedback. Hard to come by these days.

Lucille, warning points are like wrinkles, or scars! If you don't have any, you haven't lived much! On the other hand, one wrinkle is plenty
I have the "wall flower syndrome" as well but am gonna go for it anyway since I have not had my meds today..I am going to have to agree with Laura, Marica and others... Not a BOI topic, but would be perfect in the feedback area.. I do beleive that every forum is assigned a "bootysmoocher"... Maybe there should be a title for it or something so it is made alittle more clear... But I guess it already has... Anywho.. thats my o.2 food stamps..
-Matt Garybeal

Old 05-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #56
Golden Gate Geckos
How true!!!

Quote:
I do beleive that every forum is assigned a "bootysmoocher"... Maybe there should be a title for it or something so it is made a little more clear... But I guess it already has...

Now that's the best thing I've heard all day! Maybe even all week!!! I suppose we could call it B.S. (short for 'booty smoocher'). After all, that's really what it is... B.S.!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #57
Chris@TSE
Yes, I agree it seems quite "off topic" for the BOI. I believe a fine and suspension is in order...

j/k

Old 05-05-2005, 07:03 PM   #58
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Besides, once I did that, I would also have to assess warning points to Chris Johnson for HIS thread and then watch the fur fly when I did that!

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT BUCKO!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #59
robin d.
Quote:
thanks Laura nice to know i have been cursed by 38 wrinkles

Quote:
"bootysmoocher"...

Old 05-05-2005, 07:26 PM   #60
robin d.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!