Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 62 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:51 PM   #611
Dennis Hultman
Correction
* That is all your stating with your vote.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #612
critical bill
Time...

..for another lockdown on this thread.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #613
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
For what reason?

Old 07-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #614
Jim O
Wendy,

I respect your position and your choice. They are yours to have and to make. But I would ask you if you believe the contents of that e-mail. If you do not, then Bill has not only lied to you verbally and in writing, but he has INVOLVED YOU IN PERPETUATING THOSE LIES by asking you to distribute them. I found this act to be particularly despicable, as I have stated. A true friend would not have asked that of you.

Think about it.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #615
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
I know you are not directly that solely at me but since I am on the list Ill explain my prospective on my vote.

My vote was made due to an auction here on fauna, Bill was auctioned off to the higest bidder, I won, he sent me a little email certificate of "ownership", silly auction, just a joke but raised $25 for fauna.

I voted positive at that time, I guess it was back in Jan-Feb or around that time, after that Bill and I became friends, I have had numberous phone calls with him about alot of things, not just fauna but about my personal feelings and daily life.

Bill has provided me an ear to cry to and a friendship that is unconditional, he has listened to me at times for an hour or more when I was having a hard day with my children and I needed some moral support and help with things.

Now has Bill done a bad thing? Yes
Is he still my friend? Yes
Will I change my vote to neg? No
Will I remove my positive vote? No

Why you may ask? Because when I am down in the dumps and am at my worst for whatever reason, I need my friends more then than any other time and I need for them to help pull by big behind back up off the floor. They may tell me over and over what a stupid, ignorant and foul thing I did, but they are there to help me get back up, they most certainly do not say hey Wendy you are scum of the earth and leave me to deal with it all on my own.

So bascially, Will I desert my friends on the worst day for whatever it may be that they did, when they need the above? No

If that alters the way some people view me here on fauna or in my personal life, Im sorry, I really am but I am not the kind of person to walk away from a friend when they need me the most. I may tell them over and over what a stupid, ignorant and foul thing they did, but I will also be there to help them get back up.

To me that is the difference between friends a casual associates, your friends are tried and still true, your casual associates run as fast as they can to get as far away as they can and don't look back to see if you can get back up or not.

I understand your perspective and its certainly your prerogative if you want to keep your name on the "Bill Leverton Good Guy Ledger". I think however that the BOI Good Guy program speaks more to business ethics or lack thereof than if you have a warm and fuzzy feeling in the cockles of your heart for the entity. A person checking the BOI Good Guy forum is interested in being able to buy with confidence, not weather or not you still like a scammer. Keeping your name in his good guy column IMO does a disservice to those honest Heep hobbyists who are looking for a fair shake as well as the system as a whole. If you want to support Bill of a personal level, I understand where you are coming from, but to support him on a business level after his true colors shined sooooo brightly through....not cool.

I would think of ALL of the people who would want to pull your support it would be you, since you were clearly targeted to be his main victim when he conspired to gather a group of supporters together to help shield him from the wrath of the BOI. IMO he is playing you for a fool.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #616
LakesideBoas
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Those of you that have had your say through the initial pages of this fiasco can cry lockdown if you feel you must, but some of us were not involved in the initial tarring and feathering process.

Do you have any idea how long a 55 gallon barrel of tar takes to heat up? And those darn chickens! I have to keep chasing them to pluck them! Where in the world is my paint brush?!

Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #617
dragonflyreptiles
OK I think of it this way, at the time I cast my positive vote my "transaction" was positive, too bad there are not dates on the votes so people can see when votes were cast and know that they were made before or after other happenings.

When I leave feedback anywhere else, I cannot go back and change it if I find out the person and screwed someone else my feedback is still based on my tracnsaction only and not based on that of transactions with others.

At the time I cast my vote, votes could not be deleted so I made it knowing it would be there forever, just because the rules changed and you can now change your vote does not change the reason I gave the vote at that time.

People can also look at the trader ratings and see what transaction I had that was positive.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #618
Ophis
Quote:
OK I think of it this way, at the time I cast my positive vote my "transaction" was positive, too bad there are not dates on the votes so people can see when votes were cast and know that they were made before or after other happenings.

When I leave feedback anywhere else, I cannot go back and change it if I find out the person and screwed someone else my feedback is still based on my tracnsaction only and not based on that of transactions with others.

At the time I cast my vote, votes could not be deleted so I made it knowing it would be there forever, just because the rules changed and you can now change your vote does not change the reason I gave the vote at that time.

People can also look at the trader ratings and see what transaction I had that was positive.
In the words of S.E.Hinton.....That was then, This is now.....the rules were changed for just this reason......you had a good business transaction with bill at one time...that is recorded as you stated in the trader ratings for all to view. He has shown now that he can not be trusted and you have the ability to change your voote accordingly since the system was IMPROVED in order to allow you to do so.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #619
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
You have got to be kidding!!

Maybe I hold myself to different standards and I am pickier when it comes to choosing my friends but I would never want a known thief, scammer near me.

If I found out my friend or family member for that matter stole, scammed someone in the manner in which Bill did I would write them off and never talk to them again.
All people are different and Im glad you can do that and since you can I am also glad you are not my friend. If I were to make a HUGE HORRIBLE mistake and need you to slap my down and tell my how fouly I screwed up but then need you to be there to help me back up, you'd slap me down and walk away, I do not need that kind of people in my life. I need true, unconditional family and friends.

I know what Bill did, that does not change the friendship he has given me for several months now, now had this happened before we had become friends, I would not have run over to become friends either.

And in the words of Forest Gump "thats all I have to say about that"

Old 07-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #620
Ophis
Quote:
All people are different and Im glad you can do that and since you can I am also glad you are not my friend. If I were to make a HUGE HORRIBLE mistake and need you to slap my down and tell my how fouly I screwed up but then need you to be there to help me back up, you'd slap me down and walk away, I do not need that kind of people in my life. I need true, unconditional family and friends.

I know what Bill did, that does not change the friendship he has given me for several months now, now had this happened before we had become friends, I would not have run over to become friends either.

And in the words of Forest Gump "thats all I have to say about that"
Life is like a box of............oh nevermind.......I thought we could separate business/personal for the sake of future BOI Good Guy users.....guess not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!