Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 64 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #631
GottaLuvHerps
If Dennis is willing, I will send them to him. I will let him respond first to this so that I do not just go bombarding his email address again. I just want his agreement to this first. Dennis asked for the other emails to be sent to him originally, I will let him decide if he has the time to verify the others, as I know he is a busy man.

Kelly

Old 09-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #632
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Here is something for you to think about....

You need to re-read my posts or develop better reading comprehension skills.
Actually Sammy... I posted that BEFORE I read where you busted Big Daddy and David.

Im man enough to say... Im sorry... I appologize.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #633
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Actually Sammy... I posted that BEFORE I read where you busted Big Daddy and David.

Im man enough to say... Im sorry... I appologize.
Fair enough, Kev. No offense was taken, just didnt understand where one would think I was supporting anyone or anything other than the truth. The truth is the only side I ever support.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #634
shrap
.... but I do have to wonder where Allen (AKA Big Daddy) ran off to so fast this morning when I busted him lying. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #635
dragonsr#1
Mr. Haley,
I am going to try to keep this in order.

1. Even if it is Mr. Young’s right to withdraw from this sponsorship he did NOT. Even after this was all posted Mr. Young still as of right now has yet to contact US in any way to “cancel” his sponsorship. Completely ceasing communication is not withdrawing or cancelling a sponsorship.
2. As far as the itemized list, well Mr. Young agreed to pay for a sponsorship level, and this level had a list of thing he would be getting for it, which Kelly has already touched on, so I am not going to waste anyone’s time on this again.
I also want to state that as far as your questions go, I cannot really list anything piece by piece, because we feel that by doing this it would release private and confidential information regarding our other sponsors. I am sorry but I will in no way jeopardize anyone’s information on sponsorship that has completed there part of our agreement. All I will say is that our agreements with our sponsors may vary from sponsor to sponsor, and therefore it cannot be assumed that costs involved for advertising Mr. Young are to affect or have any relationship with our other agreements.
I hope that you all can understand?

I also would like to make a statement about the Mr. Young “backing out”.
Someone goes to a store today and with there credit card buys something, whatever it is, because they have great credit they are able to buy it and take it home. The bill comes in the mail and the someone does not want to pay it, the next month another bill comes in the mail, and again the someone now call in and say “I’m sorry I forgot to pay it, the check is in the mail”, but it never goes into the mail. So what happens next, the credit people starts calling and they get no answers, so they leave messages but does not get any calls back. Luckily for the credit card companies, they can affect that person by reporting the to the bureaus – we are just left holding the bag and trying to make up the $750 that was promised to us, or just cancelling out activities we wanted to do with that money. Granted, we have our “bureau” in the BOI, and posting this has brought out the true nature of Mr. Young, he has been affected by this greatly, but it still does not, in the end, resolve the matter for US. This is in no way meant to disrespect the BOI, this thread, or anything that has been accomplished by posting this, just a simple statement of FINANCIAL reality for us and our deal with Mr. Young.

We sold Mr. Young a service, yes we started our end of the agreement before receiving funds, part of this was because we needed to show Mr. Young that we are reputable people (in our minds), the other part of this is that we sold Mr. Young this service and started the service on his creditability. Mr. Young failed in his part in pay or to try to make any resolution on this.

Other then that the credit card company would be looking at a history of the “someone’s” finances, what is really different in the deal we made with Mr. Young? Granted, we never had signed, official terms of agreement (which we have already stated many times was a naïve mistake), but in today’s world, a verbal agreement, matched with the emails Mr. Young returned saying he would pay the $750 stated, are a binding contract.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #636
Southern Wolf
I will say this much.... I have seen some of his ads elsewhere.. and had considered about purchasing... but I normally go by my gut feelings. I did not purchase at the time.... now I see why

Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #637
shrap
Matt,

I really dont know what else you expect the BOI to do. The BOI is based purely on peer pressure. If a party involved dont care what his peers think then the BOI can only be so effective in helping resolve the issue. At that point the BOI can only help others make an informed decision on how/if they do business with the parties involved in the future.

I do have to ask this question though, does anyone think any show promoter who has read this thread is ever going to advertise for David without getting full payment up front?

At this point your only real option is small claims court.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #638
Southern Wolf
Sammy... and that is the same reason I asked the others with claims to make their own thread. That way a pattern could be made. Most folks dont want to read thru 600+ posts to see that there are actually 4 different claims being made against one individual or company.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #639
dragonsr#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Matt,

I really dont know what else you expect the BOI to do. The BOI is based purely on peer pressure. If a party involved dont care what his peers think then the BOI can only be so effective in helping resolve the issue. At that point the BOI can only help others make an informed decision on how/if they do business with the parties involved in the future.

I do have to ask this question though, does anyone think any show promoter who has read this thread is ever going to advertise for David without getting full payment up front?

At this point your only real option is small claims court.
Sammy,
I guess my post was taken a bit wrong. We are NOT expecting the BOI to do anything other than the wonderful job it has done in showing Mr. Young's true colors as a business man. We honestly did not expect Mr. Young to contact us no matter what we did, and we just planned around the big bag he left us hanging with. Our main goal WAS to expose him for who he was so that no one else got taken by him the way we did, and we are glad that it happened. I guess my wording was easily taken the wrong way, and for that I apologize.
Matthew

Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #640
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps View Post
If Dennis is willing, I will send them to him. I will let him respond first to this so that I do not just go bombarding his email address again. I just want his agreement to this first. Dennis asked for the other emails to be sent to him originally, I will let him decide if he has the time to verify the others, as I know he is a busy man.

Kelly
Looking to see if a email was actually sent is far different than verifying content. Short of logging into your email account itself, I'm unaware of how I could verify such. I wouldn't really want to put someone in such a position either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster