Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 64 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #631
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
Excuse me for not having a personal vendetta against Brian that allows me to make snap judgments on individual deals based on a 2 line post from a member who made his first post in this thread.
Left out a word.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #632
Fedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
Could that be why I asked for clarification? I ask questions so that I can better understand. Everything I know about the original subject matter is what was presented here. All of it was either posted initially, or had to be dragged out through questioning. Excuse me for not having a personal vendetta against Brian that allows me to make snap judgments on individual deals based on a 2 line post from a who made his first post in this thread. I don't know what your beef is with Brian, but you jumped in to oppose him early and have been taking pot shots since.
Don't know brian , never bought a snake from him....

No beef , the only guy who jumped in early was you. You have presented that every long shot and thing that could have been and gone wrong happened on David's end , and everything is perfect on brian's end.

All i said was "thats terrible man" because him not getting a refund he claimed to be owed was terrible.

I did not take pot shots.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #633
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg View Post
No beef , the only guy who jumped in early was you. You have presented that every long shot and thing that could have been and gone wrong happened on David's end , and everything is perfect on brian's end.
I have presented possibilities, sure. Perhaps in the court of public opinion, the burden of proof is not on the plaintiff. In my opinion, enough evidence has been provided that the spider is not a het. However,the fact is that it has not been proven that it isn't. In all likelihood that animal should have proven out by now. The fact that it has not has no bearing on the fact that it might. It either is a het, or it isn't. You can't prove that it isn't, so to make a stronger case, further pairings need to be done. If the male's genetics are in question, so are the females. As long as the genetics of the female are in question, there is little leverage, regardless of the number of pairings.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #634
Fedawg
OK Dave let me ask , in your opinion what does it take to prove a het?

Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #635
DaveyFig
Producing a homozygous would prove a het to be a het.

Not producing them does not prove that they are not.

There is no way to prove that the animals are not hets. The buyer doesn't have to prove that the animals are not het. to a seller that is honorable, just the the likelihood of them not being het far outweighs the possibility that they are. Breeding to heterozygous females (in my opinion) is not enough. Using females of unknown compatibility is not enough. Using unproven hets that are of unknown compatibility certainly is not enough.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #636
Drew Zaun
Is there a way to unsubscribe from threads? I tried the Thread Tools tab and it only gives a subscribe option.

Much thanks...

Old 11-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #637
annmikeal
If you go under your profile, I saw there there was a way to do it

Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #638
annmikeal
Hey Drew, just checked on it for you... If you go to the User CP at the top of the page, it will show you which threads you are subscribed to, just click unsubscribe underneath it, good luck

Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #639
Amelanistic Orca
How are James's emails coming along Aleria?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #640
aleria
I put together all of the emails he was able to send me, but they were the ones starting after the issue had apparently occurred and they were already discussing a refund/solution. I advised him to add the prior emails, from the original purchase, paypal receipts, etc. to the timeline to help us all better understand exactly how long the process took, from initial purchase, to where the initial problem came up, to where it was apparent he wouldn't be seeing any solution.

It's a bit of work as he is using outlook express which completely butchers emails in comparison to something much easier like gmail. So hopefully we'll see the full timeline posted soon as he said he does still have all of those emails and messages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!