Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale ... WARNING - Page 66 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #651
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Jim,

Simply a comparison of how easily see through the BS was. Didnt mean anything more by it.
I understand that, but I took Randy's comment to mean let's keep it on topic. I understood your meaning also.

Back to this guy, yes he has the the potential to be the "dirty bomb" of boids. And I also agree that anything he posts would be suspect unless independently confirmed by a reliable third party in conference with the veterinary pathologist who handled all of the samples.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #652
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I understand that, but I took Randy's comment to mean let's keep it on topic. I understood your meaning also.
Saying Allen does not deserve the benefit of the doubt is keeping it on topic in my opinion. As you said, anything he says at this point needs to be verified by a reliable third party.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #653
Laura Fopiano
Ron my friend, I am so proud of you for doing this. Trust me I know first hand how hard it is and how I felt when I had to make that phone call to a vendor that I bought from.

What I have learned from my own personal experience is that quarantine with all new purchases and especially boids for a minimum of six months. Never share feeding tubs, never feed an uneaten rat to another snake, sterilize all caging, feeding tubs, and water bowls during the cleaning and feeding process. If mites show up, eradicate them immediately and follow up in two weeks from the date of the first treatment.

I learned this the hard way, however, I will never be sorry for the experience because I am willing to share my story and hopefully save other from my own mistakes. although I went through the live liver biopsies and only had 3 come back positive, I had every snake and cage destroyed.

Denial is a very powerful mind set when faced with this disease, my personal experience was possibly a little more strict than what others may have done, but in the end, integrity and ethics out weighed my own personal loss.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #654
ravensgait
""Saying Allen does not deserve the benefit of the doubt is keeping it on topic in my opinion. As you said, anything he says at this point needs to be verified by a reliable third party.""
Yeah after the stories that he's already given us, his word that the sky is blue would need to be verified. Randy

Old 11-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #655
Lloyd Heilbrunn
FYI, he was indeed at the Orlando FIRE show today with a banner saying Big Daddy's Warehouse and shirts saying Big Daddy's Ballroom.....

Old 11-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #656
airtrixx
Not to bright

I guess he thinks that the "Big daddy" thing works for him, i dont get it. if you want to swindle people wouldnt you change to a COMPLETELY diff name?

Old 11-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #657
shrap
It has been brought to my attention that some folks thought I was going after Bill earlier. That was not my intentions in any way. My apologies if I worded my post poorly.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #658
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
It has been brought to my attention that some folks thought I was going after Bill earlier. That was not my intentions in any way. My apologies if I worded my post poorly.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #659
Lloyd Heilbrunn
The vast majority of what he was selling today seemed to be boids,as was the vast majority of the snakes at the show.

If he does indeed have a wide spread infection in his collection, I hope this crap isn't spread airborne.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #660
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn
The vast majority of what he was selling today seemed to be boids,as was the vast majority of the snakes at the show.

If he does indeed have a wide spread infection in his collection, I hope this crap isn't spread airborne.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd be pissed if I were vending there.

I certainly wouldn't be buying anything within 50 feet of his table.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!