Bad Guy Dereks-Dragons (Derek Baisley) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #61
joshjtd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
Can you point out the mediocre folks
It is not my intent to "call out" the mediocre folks. I am sure they know who they are. I am sure that currently I am on that list myself so I am not above them.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #62
DJB-VARANUS
Please do. And thanks scaled verts. I can think of one breeder whom I know both me and alot of other people have had problems with but I think its safe to say a name because as far as I'm concerned she has stopped breeding and that was ajevolvedreptiles. Worst experiance I have ever had so far in this hobby. Also josh, I think its pretty clear that she wasn't really misrepresented. So that being said let's try and solve this. I believe we are probably going to end up in the same spot again though because of the shipping fact. So you can keep her since she's what she was listed as or we can do what started this whole thread in the first place. Which i think is reasonable since xhe was not misrepresented. ? I think paypal said we have until the 17th to settle the dispute but i prefer we just solve and end this thing

Old 06-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #63
DJB-VARANUS
Sorry, I again did not see tge last post before posting mine. It's a complete pain having to work off my phone

Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #64
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post
It is not my intent to "call out" the mediocre folks. I am sure they know who they are. I am sure that currently I am on that list myself so I am not above them.
I don’t think anyone considers themselves mediocre if you wish to call yourself mediocre that’s on you but don’t insult someone else’s work.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #65
DJB-VARANUS
Okay well josh just please let me know what's going down so we can settle this I think 7 pages of opinions is enough to show she was not misrepresented..

Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #66
texasnewbie
Why does it say "ATTEMPTED" on the top right side of the box? Was delivery attempted but you weren't in, hence picking her up at the post office.

I know you said they called you at 1am (?) and you went in the morning, but i'm wondering why it's stamped "attempted"

Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #67
Sushi Dragons
Quote:
I used to have great issue with Bloodbank, Corky Jordan, David Freeman, and many of the other quality breeders. I did not understand why they would charge so much to folks. After many months I did LOTS of research. Sure I could get animals that costs less than they offered. Were they quality? Absolutely not. You get what you pay for. Genetics, coloring and health.
I wouldn't generalize... many "quality breeders" buy animals from the "mediocre folks." Also, spending more money does not guarantee a quality animal. That's why there are lemon laws.

Quote:
Derek, I am asking that you please take a look at the mediocre folks in our hobby. While I am appreciative of the folks in this community, not many of them are the best of the best. I think you want what I want. That is to produce top quality animals for people to enjoy. This task is accomplished by first off investing in quality stock. This can not be compromised. All of the folks I listed above, I have made purchases from. I was convinced that they were scam artist in the beginning. After talking to those folks, the reason they are there is because they know their craft well. They don't breed to make a $. They breed because they love the hobby. They produce the best hands down.

Actually, pretty much every breeder intends to make money- or at the very least break even. It costs the exact same amount of money to raise a $20 hatchling as it does to raise a $400 hatchling to 6" so there is definitely profit when you are the "best of the best."

Regardless, the dragon in question does not look starved, she looks exhausted and dehydrated. Give her a week or two and see if she doesn't turn around for you. The issue with the weight/length sounds like the seller took a wild guess and was a bit off. As far as the appearance, can anyone examine the seller's pictures to determine if they were enhanced in any way? I think that is the most substantial difference from the ad to the reality of the dragon's arrival. I personally would have been equally disappointed to see a dragon looking so rough after spending that much money.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #68
DJB-VARANUS
As far as im concerned the pics arenot enhanced. I didnt take the pics but she did look like that prior to shedding. Also I was pretty much righton with ... weight .. atually we have alrady discussed this skim nkt going to just keep repeating myself here.. I was wondering the same about the attempted stamp. Josh I'm going to text u in the moring so we can give another attempt at solving this I know its late and I'm sure both of us are equally tired of this so ill talk to you tommorroww and we will see how things go. We will keep you all updated Im going to go to bed now. Thanks for the Help and opinjons guys, now let's just hope this gets solved

Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #69
Sushi Dragons
I hope you will be able to come to a reasonable conclusion. It sounds like you're both willing and able to work things out.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #70
DJB-VARANUS
So what has this cone down to?. I'm talking to josh right now via text message, and I'm still offering to refund his 385 but not the shipping costs. She's clearly not misrepresented, so I don't see why I should pay the shipping costs because josh does not like what he Payed for, knkwing what he was getting..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!