Allowing scammers and thieves to stay on Fauna! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #61
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
At this point after all the explanations, I feel your misunderstanding is intentional, and I wonder how benign your intentions really are toward this site.
i like this site and i have a lot of respect for the site in general. just because im argumentative dosnt mean i have bad intentions. i think its great that i can have this conversation on here. and i think a lot more people should take advantage of the fact that it is run buy people who are willing to discuss issues

Old 11-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #62
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
"As for being able to determine who is lying in a BOI thread, sorry, but I don't read all of the threads there, and those that I do, I am still not going to make a public judgment call accusing someone of lying unless I have first person involvement in the event. Just like everyone else, I am limited to reading what others are writing and calling "facts". I don't "know" anything about the situation, and can only form my own "opinion" based on what I am reading."

ok what if you are the first person and you are the one that got ripped off. how do you handle it. do you simply post a boi and let people know and continue to let them post on your site or do you take further action and try to spare everyone else from repeating your mishap
im very interested to see if this question gets answered and what the answer will be.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #63
lauraleellbp
Rodney, you seem to be the kind of guy who learns best from experience, so my recommendation is to try and set up your own classifieds site with the rules just like you want them and see how well it works. You can be the judge and jury of who you consider a scammer and so do and don't allow.

I suspect you'll give it up quite quickly.

Might as well take up the issue with newspapers, craigslist, etc as well.

And the answer to your last question is YES- that's exactly the purpose of the BOI. Or, you can ban them if you want, as in that situation to DO have firsthand knowledge of the situation.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #64
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I'm sorry, but I didn't get that crystal ball and lie detector that you apparently sent me. You may want to check the tracking number..........

Yes, my own subjectively concerning profanity applies here. How could it be any other way? I own this site and therefore make the rules for it. But I believe my choices of which words satisfy the common definition of profanity are pretty much in line with normal acceptance in a publicly viewable medium. Not everyone will agree, of course, but that's just the way it is.

As for being able to determine who is lying in a BOI thread, sorry, but I don't read all of the threads there, and those that I do, I am still not going to make a public judgment call accusing someone of lying unless I have first person involvement in the event. Just like everyone else, I am limited to reading what others are writing and calling "facts". I don't "know" anything about the situation, and can only form my own "opinion" based on what I am reading. I am not willing to place myself in legal jeopardy by calling someone a "liar", and acting on that judgment by banning them from here, and possibly wind up on the wrong side of a libel suit if it turns out I was wrong, basing my call on incomplete and/or inaccurate statements made by someone else. People making decisions to buy or not to buy based on a BOI thread are an entirely different kettle of fish compared to me making a judgment such as you desire me to do concerning their membership on this site.

Why is this concept so hard for you to grasp? Is there anyone else in your household that you can use to explain this to you in terms you understand?

I'm Deaf, I got the concept the first time, and deaf people are known for having reading comprehension problems.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #65
deborahbroadus
Quote:
im very interested to see if this question gets answered and what the answer will be.
The answer was on the first page of the site. I don't see it anymore. Perhaps someone can link?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #66
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
Rodney, you seem to be the kind of guy who learns best from experience, so my recommendation is to try and set up your own classifieds site with the rules just like you want them and see how well it works. You can be the judge and jury of who you consider a scammer and so do and don't allow.

I suspect you'll give it up quite quickly.

Might as well take up the issue with newspapers, craigslist, etc as well.

And the answer to your last question is YES- that's exactly the purpose of the BOI. Or, you can ban them if you want, as in that situation to DO have firsthand knowledge of the situation.
your not the person who needs to answer that question. to be honest most of the people that post on here do so in a very submissive manner. always in accord with the mods.

i dont know how to set up websites so i couldnt do it it but i think sooner or later you will see reptile classifieds that have stricter regulations on scamming. from a business prospective it would be a very profitable thing to do

Old 11-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #67
Focal
Quote:
i dont know how to set up websites so i couldnt do it it but i think sooner or later you will see reptile classifieds that have stricter regulations on scamming. from a business prospective it would be a very profitable thing to do
Go check out http://www.forumotion.com/

It's free and easy to setup.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #68
WebSlave
Quote:
"As for being able to determine who is lying in a BOI thread, sorry, but I don't read all of the threads there, and those that I do, I am still not going to make a public judgment call accusing someone of lying unless I have first person involvement in the event. Just like everyone else, I am limited to reading what others are writing and calling "facts". I don't "know" anything about the situation, and can only form my own "opinion" based on what I am reading."

ok what if you are the first person and you are the one that got ripped off. how do you handle it. do you simply post a boi and let people know and continue to let them post on your site or do you take further action and try to spare everyone else from repeating your mishap
Actually, the reason I created the BOI in the first place was because someone passed me several bad checks and the ONLY thing I could do was to warn others about him so they would hopefully not have the same thing happen to them. And no, I would not allow that person to post here, but in THAT case I have first hand knowledge of the FACTS, which would not be the case in nearly all other instances. There is no judgment call on my part based on mere opinion based on someone else's evidence. I KNOW what happened.

Say, for instance, that you post a claim on the BOI about someone posting ads here scamming you. How do I KNOW, positively and absolutely that YOU are telling the truth? Yes, you can post "evidence", but how do I KNOW that the "evidence" is not forged? Anyone with enough talent and incentive can forge just about anything. Yes, you can have ten other people claim the same thing, all of which I will not personally know neither. So the "evidence" they post is still only subject to the opinions of the readers of what they are claiming. Sorry, but I am just not going to play judge here in matters of that nature. If your goal for posting on the BOI is to help others to not make your same mistake, good for you. Hopefully that will work. But if your goal is to try to get that person banned from this site as punishment for them, then I'm sorry, but this site is just not going to help you in that pursuit. Simply because we just can't work that way without being subject to substantial legal liability.

I would hope that if someone is engaging in business here and they have substantial evidence against them concerning their trustworthiness in the BOI that this would be helpful enough in preventing them from scamming others. But if it is not, well, whose fault is that? If you lead a horse to water and it still chooses to die from dehydration because it refuses to drink, do you grab that horse by the throat, wrestle it to the ground, at substantial risk of injury to yourself from the flailing hooves, and stick a hose down it's mouth and force it to drink? Or do you just shake your head, move on, and hope your next horse has a lot more sense?

Seriously now, do you have even a clue about what it would mean concerning legal liability for ANY site to guarantee, expressed or implied, that all transactions taking place are safe for everyone to engage in? If you believe that this is an effective way to run such a site, then my suggestion to you is to create your own site and give that philosophy a whirl in the real world. Make sure you budget for court appearances, though. When people get scammed, they will have your statements in hand as evidence of your liability when asking the judge to grant them relief from the damages that you guaranteed they would not suffer by using your site.

Heck, I would be interested to know if there are ANY sites, shows, newspapers, magazines, ANYTHING allowing sales by the public that offers any sort of guarantee such as you are asking here. I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #69
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
The answer was on the first page of the site. I don't see it anymore. Perhaps someone can link?
Good Guy Certificate #0201

what is this and how dose one acquire it

Old 11-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #70
lauraleellbp
Quote:
Good Guy Certificate #0201

what is this and how dose one acquire it
There's a whole forum just for the Good Guy certs, complete with several threads explaining it at the top:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64249

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!