Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #61
tat2joeelliott
i dont think it counts as a bad guy.. you dont wanna do business with him because his wife yelled at you then dont.. if it was me on the phone i woulda took my happy a$$ down there to see exactly what the problem was

Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #62
chuck69
IMO Ben Rocks! I just got a couple more snakes from him last month, and just like the last time i order from him the whole transaction went very smooth. When i called to order and ask question they're very polite. Keep up the great work Ben.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #63
TailsWithScales
I've purchase from Ben for years and spoken to his wife on the phone a few times and I can honestly say that I've never had a problem and she was always 100% kind and even joking.

I agree with others that a Bad Guy thread was not deserved. I can see where she would have become frustrated with having to repeat herself and honestly OP, without you being there you cannot say she deliberately hung up on you. I think that's a bit of a stretch don't you?

And people can not like me or want to sell to me or buy from me after I say this and that's fine but the customer IS NOT always right. If a bad or even mediocre customer was always right then there wouldn't be such a thing as a "Do not sell to" list I know a lot of sellers have.

I feel the OP seriously needs to keep in mind from now on that yes this was /is trivial and that their own mood can and does vastly effect the way things were taken in and received. Can you say that you were in a perfectly good 100% happy mood when it appears that actually two calls were made?? By the sound of it I don't think so. Cell phones, especially a poor quality one, also do not relay anyone's mood properly. Don't you think it was possible you mistook her mood??

Again a very trivial thread for someone unhappy over pretty much nothing. And as already stated, like it or not OP by starting this thread it's an attempt at tarnishing Ben Siegel Reptiles. It could also be a double edged sword ruining business for both the OP AND BSR.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 AM   #64
gofrwrd
Jordan hit the nail on the head about personalities clashing. Not that either one was bad just that they weren't jiving. Good people, bad moment. Not enuff to constitute a BAD GUY thread for EITHER of them.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #65
RachelSS
I actually got to meet Ben this past weekend at the reptile show in Tampa and I hadn't even finished saying my first name and he knew who I was without ever having met me before. That is good customer service!

Too bad I didn't have the money to buy the gorgeous Papuan pythons he was selling but that made ME as a buyer happy to know he remembered me from one online transaction. I will definitely be doing business again with him and his wife!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #66
KingBowser
I'm still curious about the turtles on the list. Was that answered?

Meanwhile, I've always had a great experience with Ben and spoke to his wife once about a shipment. The Siegels are great people, IMO. As stated earlier, this appears to be a mis-communication.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #67
JonDL
I'm not going to lie, I have had a couple times where I've seen stuff advertised on KS (thought not wholesale) by Ben that weren't available. I replied to the ads a couple times, but whoever would respond back to me were always very nice people and would apologize. I've even called a couple times and the people were very nice. It's an honest mistake. I think this is just being blown up out of proportion. I annoy myself and these people never acted annoyed in me, lol. You can ask people who know me, I am kind of a prick so tell it like it is. With that said, once again, they are truly nice people.

In the past, I have also purchased a handful of animals from Be Siegel and I can't say I know him or anything, but every animal I have had from him has been healthy and great. Hell, my first female GTP and Morelia nauta came in from him and those who know me, know that I am OCD about ordering from stores and he is the only person I highly recommend/trust.

One last thing, if the lady did get a little cranky at all. Maybe you should realize that sometimes thats just what women do . Don't go trying to hurt someone's business over a single incident just cause your feelings got hurt... take time to actually understand the situation. How would you like it if one day you had an off day and then customers wrote bad reviews about you and attacked your shop? It's not like they called you a poopy head and said to stfu up. Peace homies.

-Jon DeLong

P.S. It's also very common for wholesalers/store owners to give their long time/higher end customers first dibs or only sell them certain items. Most just aren't upfront/honest enough to tell ya.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #68
vferra7777
Waste of time

8 pages and counting on this stuff. Incredible. Everyone just let it die, you sound like my kids in the back of the car. EMBARRASSING

I have seen a few threads like this on me here recently. What a complete waste of energy, time and intelligence

Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #69
David Scarboro
UHHH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vferra7777 View Post
8 pages and counting on this stuff. Incredible. Everyone just let it die, you sound like my kids in the back of the car. EMBARRASSING

I have seen a few threads like this on me here recently. What a complete waste of energy, time and intelligence
No one had posted anything in 6 days until you felt obliged to offer that bit of wisdom...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #70
kyryah
I have yet to receive any animals from Ben, but I did purchase some drygoods from his Facebook SLAM deals and I was EXTREMELY pleased! My products were good quality, at a great price, and the shipping was lightening fast.

I will be receiving some Pancake tortoises shortly from Ben, and I am confident they will be healthy and that I will have another good experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!