Info Arizona Exotics --- Payson, Az. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #61
Nick Travers
Well, this should make for a great first post! I've been lurking this thread and I have to say..... Jeremy, your entire argument became completely invalid as soon as you stated that the lizard was not the pet shops responsibility. If somebody takes in an animal, they have taken on the responsibility of caring for that animal. It's as simple as that.

That being said... The fact that they had an animal in such deplorable conditions on display speaks wonders about the store.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #62
Lucille
Here's an interesting little deal where people can discuss what's going on in Payson……
http://www.paysonroundup.com/discuss...tydiscussions/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #63
Brandonmarsh29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Travers View Post
Well, this should make for a great first post! I've been lurking this thread and I have to say..... Jeremy, your entire argument became completely invalid as soon as you stated that the lizard was not the pet shops responsibility. If somebody takes in an animal, they have taken on the responsibility of caring for that animal. It's as simple as that.

That being said... The fact that they had an animal in such deplorable conditions on display speaks wonders about the store.
Hey Nick let me say welcome to this "annoying dragged out argument"�� idk how many more times we will have to explain the basic need of all living things for water especially in such a weakened state and that being in that weakened state also the need for a clean quiet warm place for ANY CHANCE of recovery but thanks for your input! You are right the second that lizard changed hands to them they took responsibility for it.
Hey maybe we are all wrong and next time one of my animals needs their water refilled or needs their home cleaned I'll just go get the person I bought it from to come take care of THEIR responsibility! I've been doing all this unnecessary work to keep them healthy when even tho they are in my possession I have no responsibility to em.
REALLY???

Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #64
xxmonitorlizardxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Travers View Post
I will admit, that I did misread something, so you are correct that it became their responsibility. But you are missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmarsh29 View Post
Hey maybe we are all wrong and next time one of my animals needs their water refilled or needs their home cleaned I'll just go get the person I bought it from to come take care of THEIR responsibility! I've been doing all this unnecessary work to keep them healthy when even tho they are in my possession I have no responsibility to em.
REALLY???
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmonitorlizardxx View Post
I was informed that there was water in the animal's bowl earlier.
I was also told that they had soaked it several times.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #65
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post

The rest is history: dry water dishes, delapidated animals, sunk in eyes, keeled scales, sheds left behind from lack of maintenance, stuck sheds, feces piled up, urates times 3 in each enviro, improper housing per species quals, algae buildup in some enviros that was scientific in proportions... Etc etc.
Tom, again thank you, I am hoping that your expose will lead to positive changes whether that be an improvement in the store or convincing potential customers to go to a more critter friendly shop.
I've sent links to this thread to several people in Payson so that more local eyes will hopefully watch the situation.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #66
NTReptiles
If the shop only has about 25 animals on display for sale, it would literally take less than an hour to make sure they all had food, water, and their enclosures were at least cleaned up to some form of standard.

xxmonitorlizardxx, I do see where you are coming from when talking about giving water to a desert lizard. In the wild animals are able to search for water if they need it, unless water is provided in captivity, they don't have the option to look around for it. Water is the most basic of needs when caring for an animal. Sometimes animals in a weakened state won't eat, but will drink water. There's honestly NO excuse for having dry water bowls, specially when your employees are farting around the cash register not really doing anything.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #67
Brandonmarsh29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Tom, again thank you, I am hoping that your expose will lead to positive changes whether that be an improvement in the store or convincing potential customers to go to a more critter friendly shop.
I've sent links to this thread to several people in Payson so that more local eyes will hopefully watch the situation.
Awesome! I'm just going to back off now iv said what I felt I needed and probably more. Lucille that was a cool thing to do thanks and also Tom thank you for bringing this up. I'm interested in knowing where things go I hope that they do what they gotta do for these animals who rely on the ppl who are caring for em.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #68
Celtic Constrictors
I don't believe in trying to replicate natural conditions in a terrarium environment. My animals don't get sand substrate, eat lizards and frogs for meals, or have to burrow in the ground during winter. I provide them what's BEST for their survival.

They live in large clean enclosures with water 100% of the time. They have an absorbent paper substrate, thermostatically controlled environments, regular feedings of pre-killed rodents of consistent and proper size, etc. ad infinitum.

I don't know how many times I hear the argument "but in the wild...."

NO! That doesn't fly with captive animals. Sorry.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #69
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmarsh29 View Post
Awesome! I'm just going to back off now iv said what I felt I needed and probably more. Lucille that was a cool thing to do thanks and also Tom thank you for bringing this up. I'm interested in knowing where things go I hope that they do what they gotta do for these animals who rely on the ppl who are caring for em.
All that I do know is all 6'2" and 200 pounds of 'timid' ol' me is going to stop through that door within the next 30 days... and we will take it as it plays out this time! I held off on calling my Phoenix Police Department contact. I hope that was a smart decision in the end, Danielle, by me. Don't let me down!

And Jeremy Jonson, you're absolutely the dumbest Newb I've ever seen post... please refrain from posting on stuff like this, and owning reptiles based on your embarrassing comments... I'm wondering, didn't your parents teach you when grown folks are talking, to shut up... Let's see if I can get rid of him with this new spray I got!
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #70
NTReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
All that I do know is all 6'2" and 200 pounds of 'timid' ol' me is going to stop through that door within the next 30 days... and we will take it as it plays out this time! I held off on calling my Phoenix Police Department contact. I hope that was a smart decision in the end, Danielle, by me. Don't let me down!

And Jeremy Jonson, you're absolutely the dumbest Newb I've ever seen post... please refrain from posting on stuff like this, and owning reptiles based on your embarrassing comments... I'm wondering, didn't your parents teach you when grown folks are talking, to shut up... Let's see if I can get rid of him with this new spray I got!
Haahahahahaha!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!