Bad Guy Underground Reptiles Stay away!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #61
mfasano
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
If you did not provide them any proof other than the underside of a male gecko (that could have been ANY gecko, and you had a male from them too), and they offered you a replacement on a future purchase WITHOUT ASKING FOR ANY PROOF, why on earth would you post on the BOI that they are bad people? It sounds to me like they were more than willing to work with you even without you proving anything. I personally would have asked for evidence before just giving someone free money.
Re read the thread and you will see the gecko pictures.
It could not have been ANY gecko. I sent them a close up of the bulge. and a side view of the "female" Panther gecko that is now a male. They sent me a striped male and 2 banded "females". There is no possible way that could have been the male they sent me unless his stripe somehow vanished

Old 10-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #62
Big Borg Reptiles
The post that you made with the pictures stated "this is THE picture", implying that you sent one. The picture immediately following it was the underside of a gecko with a bulge. So you did send them the underside and the side view, or just the underside? This is why I'm asking, the details are very important.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #63
mfasano
Pictures sent to Underground Reptiles

New picturs. Striped male that I bought and one of the 2 banded "females" now with a bulge.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #64
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm just blown away at how much hate they're getting over this. They literally asked for NO proof and offered you a completely free replacement, and somehow that made them a bad guy. You are benefiting from group mentality...right now, hating Underground is the popular thing, and going against that is risking the wrath of the people. I would rather look at things factually than just go along for the ride.

If there are any breeders reading this that would offer a free replacement with NO proof, I would love to hear your input and how you're still in business.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #65
Big Borg Reptiles
Your initial post though, and correct me if I'm wrong, said "this is THE picture sent", implying you only sent one. If you sent both, then you provided ample proof. That is what I was asking.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #66
Big Borg Reptiles
And the fact still stands, did they not offer you a free replacement? How does that make them a bad guy? I just don't get this.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #67
Big Borg Reptiles
Mel: If they offered you a free replacement and that made them a bad guy, what was the solution you were looking for? Did you want them to refund the cost difference between a male and female? I don't deal with geckos, but isn't that like $5? It sounds like they gave you a pretty fair solution.

I don't think that they intentionally sent you a male and said it was female...I would assume it was an honest mistake. They then tried to correct their mistake, and you posted on the BOI calling them a bad guy.

I will ask again, what sort of solution were you looking for that would have made them a good guy? Other than not making an honest mistake and trying to fix it?

Old 10-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #68
mfasano
Quote:
Your initial post though, and correct me if I'm wrong, said "this is THE picture sent", implying you only sent one. If you sent both, then you provided ample proof. That is what I was asking.
Both pictures was under that sentence. but there was no way to edit the post.
But yes they got both.

They were shown that the gecko was a male but they want me to buy something else and pay the shipping so they don't have to pay for their mistake. I know I'm not getting anything from them but if it keeps someone from buying then that is good enough for me.

I don't think it is benefiting because people hate them right now. People get what they deserve, it always comes back around, good or bad.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #69
mfasano
Quote:
And the fact still stands, did they not offer you a free replacement? How does that make them a bad guy? I just don't get this.
Free replacement only if I make another purchase with them and pay shipping.

I did not need anything else from them and even if I did I surely would not send them more money when they didn't fix the first mistake.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #70
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfasano View Post
Both pictures was under that sentence. but there was no way to edit the post.
But yes they got both.

They were shown that the gecko was a male but they want me to buy something else and pay the shipping so they don't have to pay for their mistake. I know I'm not getting anything from them but if it keeps someone from buying then that is good enough for me.

I don't think it is benefiting because people hate them right now. People get what they deserve, it always comes back around, good or bad.
After they offered you a free replacement, did you tell them that you did not think that was a fair solution and that you wanted a full refund on the female? What was the conversation after they offered a free replacement? I'm honestly not picking sides, I'm just trying to figure out where they went wrong. Did they refuse a refund after you requested it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!