Trade went very bad...need advise - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2002, 12:44 AM   #61
gila7150
Hey MPI, stop whining about how you're being persecuted and address this.
Take a close look at this photo...

Now tell us which one of these looks healthy to you?
We just want to get an idea of MPI Exotic's standard for a healthy animal. If the pythons had arrived in this condition how would you be speaking about David now?

What's your next excuse? Are these the new "supermodel waif" morph?

Chris Raden

Old 11-14-2002, 12:53 AM   #62
k-9
well according to airborne's website they delivered the snakes at 5:19 pm and were sighed for by G Hammock...then this means he has been telling lies on here about me stopping shipment before i received the sick geckos...he said he would fix it so we'll see if he ships them back to me or comes up with excuses
David Pollard

Old 11-14-2002, 01:39 AM   #63
mpiexotics
Enough is Enough

David

I am going to try to appeal to your since of decency. There is no need for this. I feel you are using this forum to get something for nothing. Maybe you really want to keep the bigger geckos, and are trying to force my hand a little. You made it sound like all the animals I sent you were on deaths door when in fact
That is just not the case. It seems that everyone is buying it, and now I am the villain of Kingsnake. Lets all forget about the countless transactions that went well, and just focus on this one that fell apart seems to be some people’s attitude. I have read some of the other posts, and it seems that they think you should keep my geckos. You know as well as I do that I was not trying to rip you off. I have offered to take care of this problem. That was never the real issue. This whole thing has gotten out of hand, and should have never gone this far. You also know as well as I do what you are saying you want for shipping is almost what I paid for the geckos. This whole thing has already messed up one day; I do not want it to go any further.
You are the only one who can fix this mess now.

By the way anyone can call Airborne, and ask when Mr. Pollard called in the stop. Now he is saying he didn't call in a stop. Read some of his posts. You said earlyer you called in at 7:30, now you didn't call in. Which is it?

Old 11-14-2002, 02:23 AM   #64
gila7150
He never said he didn't attempt to stop the shipment but obviously it didn't work because you have his snakes.

Can you admit to two things....

1. You have his snakes
2. After looking at the picture of all 7 geckos together, there isn't one that is even close to being healthy.

I've bred leopard geckos and never had one look like that after laying eggs.
Why would David pay to ship the snakes to you and then cancel the shipment before he got the geckos? If he was dishonest why would he just not ship them at all?

....and how do you crush a gecko's head when you're closing the lid and not notice? The only thing more grotesque than your reptiles is your response and your pitiful attempts to shift the blame elsewhere.
Chris Raden

Old 11-14-2002, 02:23 AM   #65
KelliH
PATHETIC!!!

Aaron, you stated, "If you look at his photo of all seven the breeders are the ones with the fat on their tails. They are not neglected animals."

What a load of crap! NONE of those geckos have any fat stores in their tails, in fact they look like they are at death's door. There is no way in hell you can justify allowing these animals to get in the condition they are in, much less representing them as healthy and shipping them to a customer. I don't blame David at all for attempting to reverse his shipment. He had just received a group of dead and dying leopard geckos from you, what else could he do? I personally would be tempted to be on the next flight to wherever you are from and discuss it with you face to face!

People such as yourself should do the rest of us a favor and get out of the reptile business, pronto.

PS. For future reference, this is what healthy breeder female leopard geckos look like (DUH!!!):

Old 11-14-2002, 06:33 AM   #66
John Apple
I agree with Kelli
The picture she showed are healthy animals
MPI your animals that were sent suck, Hell man I have juvie pictus with fatter tails

Old 11-14-2002, 07:29 AM   #67
Neil Gubitz
You've GOT TO be kidding?? In my store, I sell MICE with thicker tails than those geckos!! Or are they a new breed of "Rat-tailed Gecko", or something??....

BTW.... You said you were going to make it right a bunch of times.... exactly HOW were you planning on making it right??

....Neil

Old 11-14-2002, 07:32 AM   #68
Neil Gubitz
I forgot to mention....

Kelli.... your Geckos are GORGEOUS!! THAT'S what they SHOULD look like!

....Neil

Old 11-14-2002, 08:23 AM   #69
The BoidSmith
I'm defending no one here. To start with the geckos were in terrible condition and should have never been sold, not even shipped.

But now I'm also having a problem with David contradicting hymself. Now you are asking us to believe you did not try to stop the shipment?

Because this is what you said.

Quote:
well actually i stopped shipment at 7:30 CA
According to your words also, you received the geckos at 9:30 your time. I there is 3 hours difference you attempted to stop shipment (if you actually attempted to do so because now you say Aaron is lying about that and that he has your snakes) an hour before you actually received your shipment. Is my math right?

Thanks.

Old 11-14-2002, 08:28 AM   #70
Seamus Haley
I've just read this thread straight through and I'm a bit confused.

If k-9 and mpiexotics wouldn't mind answering a few questions just so I can sort a few things out for myself and get a clear picture of the situation, I'd appreciate it.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you both answer the following questions-
  • What was the original deal? How many geckos of what ages and genders for how many of what snakes?
  • Was there a stop shipment placed on the delivery of either package?
  • If so, what time was the stop delivery placed? Not what time Airborne actually stopped it, but what time and how was the delivery asked to be stopped?
  • Were both packages delivered? What time?
  • If not, which package was not delivered?
  • Do you both agree that the picture containing all seven animals is of the animals shipped?
  • If a delivery was never made on one side, why is there a problem here? Just ship back the other animals and be done with it. No "I'm keeping them because you tried to send me sick animals" or "They need better care." Just get all the animals back to their original owners and be done with it. Split shipping costs 50/50
  • How many geckos were DOA? Can you provide some proof of the number by providing e-mails that state a DOA number from the date of shipping?
  • Aren't Blizzards solid white all the time with funny eyes? I don't know gecko morphs all that well but those pictures look like Leusistics to me. I'm probably wrong but... Were the animals shipped blizzards or not?
  • I think I already asked this but I want to be sure to get it in... Do both parties agree that the pictured geckos are the geckos that were shipped?
  • To finish it off I was just wondering if either of you think it's cruel that the word "Lisp" has an "S" in it. Because that doesn't seem right to me and it's been bothering me since someone mentioned it to me two weeks ago.

I think that a lot of confusion can be cleared up if these questions are answered all at once in a straightforward manner.

I don't think that a clear, straightforward story has been given here yet and I think that, even with pictures posted as they have been, the truth isn't known. I firmly believe that if the situation is exactly as I understand it to be right now based on limited information that this can be cleared up very quickly by simply shipping the property of each person back to them and ending it. My initial response was going to be to jump all over mpiexotics as well but I read the thread late and noticed that Rob advised caution and stated that he didn't think the individual involved would ship starving or crushed geckos... I suppose that reliance on someone's word at face value is sometimes inappropriate but there are a few people who I would trust based off nothing else having never even met them... If Rob says that mpiexotics is not a bad guy... then he is not a bad guy. He may have made a mistake... but he is not some evil fiend from the pit of hell come to ship us leopard geckos.

Further, from the way I read it so far, mpiexotics has nothing in his posession whereas k-9 has mpiexotics' animals and has offered nothing in return and threatened to keep them pending some unspecified resolution. If I'm wrong about that, just tell me- it wouldn't be the first time.

At this point I'll just sit back and wait for those questions to be answered. If they will be.

k-9 and mpiexotics, I know both you guys have probably answered those questions before but it sometimes helps to answer them all at once in a linear fashion like this so that people can easily compare the answers and see where the deviations are... the root of the problem essentially. I'd like to thank both of you in advance for taking the time to answer these questions again for the benifit of others reading and I hope you both find some sort of amicable solution that leaves both parties satisfied that they weren't ripped off if not happy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!