duane beattie rips off another victim - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #61
chuckdelph
DUANE,sorry you say these people are not your friends

C,BILL, check page 7 post 2 (cut and paste of reptibid site ,white part will not transfer) AGAIN, LAST LINE OF POST BEFORE MY ANSWER IT STATES " NO ITEMS TO VIEW "THEREFORE NO NEGETIVE POST CAN EVER BE PUT AGAINST DUANE . if YOU CANCEL A REPTIBID AD BEFORE IT ENDS OFFICIALY. it LOCKS THE AD UP AND NO POST ,BIDS ETC. CAN BE MADE . IN MY CASE THE DAY I PAID HIS PRICE ON A DUTCH AUCTION , HE HAD SEVERAL LOTS FOR SALE AS USUAL but ,HE GOT A LARGE ORDER THAT TOOK HIS WHOLE STOCK ELSEWHERE , HE CANCELED THE AD ,BUT MY BID WAS THERE , JANENE SENT ME A BILL THRU PAYPAL AND SAID THEY WOULD SHIP THE FASTEST WAY POSSIBLE AND SAID TO ADD 40.00 FOR SHIPPING SHE REBILLED THRU PAY PAL WITH NO HAGGLE EVER OVER MONEY ON MY PART I PAID HER BILL AND SHE SAID THEY WOULD SHIP WHEN IT CONFIMED ON THEIR SIDE,WHICH WAS INSTANTLY,ON OCT 5 . SO THEY CREATED AN ORDER OF VARIOUS BABIES WITH SOME THAT WERE WAY, WAY TO SMALL .......... note: 2 other babies were much bigger and NOW DOING WELL .. THAT WAS PLAIN WRONG !!!!!ALSO PLEASE NOTE HE HAD TO DRIVE TO SHREVPORT 100 MILES AWAY CAUSE IT WAS FRI. AND HE WOUD NOT HAVE RECIEVED HIS DEAD CHAMELEONS TILL MONDAY AND duane would have been responsible for that aswell !!!!! THE LAW ENFORCEMENT GUY , gilbert, ON duanes other posts had this same headache, HE GAVE ME PERMISSION TO USE HIS INFO.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:27 PM   #62
repfriend
Hm,

I'd like to see what Duane has to say about:

1. the shipping, it took waaaaaaay to long

2. canceling the ad so no feedback can be left (is there anything to that?)

3. selling the animals in the ad to someone else, while substituting with smaller animals to the winners, anything to that?

to the buyer....sorry, but parts of your story change and make no sense...however, I do think the pic is not altered...for what thats worth.

Again, all around sad

Old 10-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #63
chuckdelph
UNFORTUNETLY SCORES ARE MANIPULATED SOMETIMES

DUANE,CAN KEEP A PERFECT RECORD,even though a few others have tried to post negatives, I know because a couple have e-mailed me. I can't post a negetive at all on duane at repti bid, for what he has done to me. but, I can post three in one day here on him and maybe more , which really would change his score but thats not fair either (unfortunetly) cause I did 3 in a row ,I am very mad and wanted to keep going . you see I was fooled by the scores too! thats how he got my order. hopefull the moderators are still watching my ads so this can be tightened up. Now :to a happier note I want to share the bigger babies with you. 3 are clinging to branches and live in my ficus tree under the lights I don't have to worry about drafts as much now. the forth still falls off so I keep her in the INCUBATOR for reptiles ,which saved the lives of the other 3. I still cut her food and put it in one of the viberating dishes it takes her several minutes to, zap the piece up. I raise silkies so i have tiny tiny worms and the kids make peace silk crafts I also have a stinky 55 gallon tank I breed crickets in so Luckily there is tons of pinheads in the basement , the wax worms I, yuck, have to cut in half. here is the biggest I received, and a girl who struggles to stay awake, I've had them 1 week , she was less then 3/4inch duane sent her to me 10 days before this picture . imagine feeding her with a dropper cause thats how she drinks, no matter how much warm water you mist on her. Thanks all for hearing my side
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #64
LotsaPetsGarfHt
Wait a minute....

First of all Duane and I are not buddies. We both sell reptiles, and are competing for the same dollars sometimes. I have purchased Chameleons frim Duane, and he bought a couple from me. We do usually chat each month in Monroeville, and shared a pizza with Tom Byker once or twice. I have seen what he sells, and know he doesn't sell new borns. I said in an earlier post that there have been shows where he sold very little because there was someone there selling new borns for 10 or 15 dollars.
Next I find it really hard to believe that he fabricated the "heating pad" and you didn't water them because you thought they would drown, well did he just pull that out of thin air? I really don't think so, I believe you told him that and now the heating pad has become an incubator and they were watered right away.
Thanks for posting a better photo, I agree the dead chameleon is small, but I have hatched out a few clutches myself, and have purchased some right out of the egg, and they are smaller than that. I looked at the auction and it doesn't say 2 month olds like you stated earlier.
It doesn't sound like Duane is the cheap one when it comes to the shipping. Its usually the buyers responsibility to pay te shipping unless the deal includes shipping. I would have made sure they were shipped overnight guaranteed.

John Chapek

Old 10-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #65
repfriend
Quote:

It doesn't sound like Duane is the cheap one when it comes to the shipping.

end Quote

Sorry, but it is always the sellers choice on how to ship, noone twists their arm. If I had a buyer that insited he wanted to save money on shipping, I would simply not sell to them. If they had already paid some funds, I would refund those and STILL not sell to them.

It is ALWAYS in the sellers hand on how they ship, regardless what else happend or went wrong with this deal.

I would still like to hear from him why the chams were in transit so long...it is just terrible to think that something so tiny and fragile would have to endure such a long shipping time in a box without water. They could have very possibly already dehydratet beyond help at this time.

It is just not acceptable.

If USPS doesn't GUARANTEE overnight delivery, then they should NOT be used to ship something live and fragile.

Yes things can get wrong with other shippers as well, but at least they do guarantee overnight, and its rather rare that they get delayed.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #66
chuckdelph
replies have been meshed together

I'm answering e-mail questions and all the others also. I'm a P.E Teacher, so I type real slow. and replies do not go under the right persons questions, so they some times get confusing. I don't want to continue, IT is not fun. But things will done better from people who, paticipate in all of the BOI's

Old 10-14-2004, 06:49 PM   #67
Wilomn
Re: replies have been meshed together

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckdelph
I'm answering e-mail questions and all the others also. I'm a P.E Teacher, so I type real slow. and replies do not go under the right persons questions, so they some times get confusing. I don't want to continue, IT is not fun. But things will done better from people who, paticipate in all of the BOI's
Who the heck is writing this? Could you guys open another account so we can tell who's writing what?

Old 10-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #68
critical bill
Re: Re: replies have been meshed together

I dont know either man!!

He says he's a teacher but he types like a special ed student!

Beep beep get on the bus!

Quote:
Originally posted by wilomn
Who the heck is writing this? Could you guys open another account so we can tell who's writing what?

Old 10-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #69
Wilomn
Re: UNFORTUNETLY SCORES ARE MANIPULATED SOMETIMES

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckdelph
DUANE,CAN KEEP A PERFECT RECORD,even though a few others have tried to post negatives, I know because a couple have e-mailed me. I can't post a negetive at all on duane at repti bid, for what he has done to me. but, I can post three in one day here on him and maybe more , which really would change his score but thats not fair either (unfortunetly) cause I did 3 in a row ,I am very mad and wanted to keep going . you see I was fooled by the scores too! thats how he got my order. hopefull the moderators are still watching my ads so this can be tightened up. Now :to a happier note I want to share the bigger babies with you. 3 are clinging to branches and live in my ficus tree under the lights I don't have to worry about drafts as much now. the forth still falls off so I keep her in the INCUBATOR for reptiles ,which saved the lives of the other 3. I still cut her food and put it in one of the viberating dishes it takes her several minutes to, zap the piece up. I raise silkies so i have tiny tiny worms and the kids make peace silk crafts I also have a stinky 55 gallon tank I breed crickets in so Luckily there is tons of pinheads in the basement , the wax worms I, yuck, have to cut in half. here is the biggest I received, and a girl who struggles to stay awake, I've had them 1 week , she was less then 3/4inch duane sent her to me 10 days before this picture . imagine feeding her with a dropper cause thats how she drinks, no matter how much warm water you mist on her. Thanks all for hearing my side
So what you're saying, whichever or both of you, still can't tell who says what most of the time, is that the chameleons in the picture, which appear to be about THREE Inches long were 3/4 of an inch TEN DAYS AGO? A quarter is appx. one inch wide.

Duane, please answer the shipping questions and then just let this sink to the bottom. If you didn't overnight them, then you should have, plain and simple. Paypal these folks 20.00 or 30.00 bucks and be done with them. If you did overnight them and it was a postal screwup then just let it go.

delphs, you two should NOT have reptiles period.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:03 PM   #70
Chris Anderson
Vicki and Chuck,

Let me start out by saying that I have done business with Duane. Just because I did business with him, had a good experience and I disagree with your complaints does not mean I’m posting as his friend or buddy. I’ve not had any contact with Duane other than when I made my purchase from him. Stop trying to contort the situation by making accusations about those criticizing you being his friends and doing so for that reason, it isn’t the case. Furthermore, you’ve started making wild claims about him sending you weak animals so he could send healthy animals to someone he makes money off of using their site. This too is unsubstantiated and simply a way for you to contort the situation. You might be able to contort situations like that with children but if you are going to continue this discussion here, I recommend you stop trying to contort the issue and suggest you start being straight up, answer our questions, post coherently addressing the issues and quit with your over emotional, useless banter simply aimed at irrationally denting someone’s reputation.

1) You claimed he shipped you newborns but sold you 2 month olds. The add does not in any way state 2 month olds. Unless you made some other arrangement with him (in which case, please provide us with evidence of such), he sold you “well started” animals. Duane has said his policy is to not ship animals under a month of age. You claim however that the animals you received were newborns. You’ve never hatched or seen chameleons hatch but feel qualified to make this assumption. Looking at those photos, the baby is admittedly small, however, looking at it compared to the quarter, I would guess that stretched out, that animal is significantly over your claimed ¾” length (Look at the length of the back and tail compared to the circumference of the quarter and you should see that stretched out, that baby would be about the circumference of the quarter which is about 3”). The average hatchling is 2.5” total length. As a result, that baby could very well be “well started”. At the very least, that animal is not as you represented it. If you want to stand by your statement that it probably, or even likely never ate before or was not fattened up prior to shipment, have the vet to a stomach analysis and post the results, otherwise, you’re just blowing more steam.

2) You were given instructions on how to care for them, what not to do and told to contact Duane immediately if there was a problem. You failed to contact Duane immediately and waited 12 hours to do so. Not only that but according to Duane, in your conversations, you told him you had them on a heat pad and said you didn’t give them water (against his instructions) because you were afraid of drowning them. Now you say that isn’t the case but it took you days and numerous posts and comments for you to change the story on us. On page 6 you said yourself you placed them on “the incubator pad” with another light on them as well. It wasn’t until then that you changed the story about the water. I find it hard to understand why it would take you so long to tell us otherwise was the case on something that was such a vital aspect of the situation. Makes me very skeptical about what you are claiming.

Duane, can you tell us which conversation they said they hadn’t watered them? Was this the recorded conversation and is there a way for you to play it back over the phone if someone wanted to hear it for themselves?

3) You’ve avoided direct questions about exactly how many animals are dead, when they each died and under what circumstances. We’ve heard a number of different numbers from you and you’ve not given us any direct answers.

4) What happened to the reptile vet in your story. He seems to have fallen out of the situation. Can you provide us with evidence that he saw these animals, how many of them he saw and how many of them died under his presence?

5) You said yours were in the mail for 3 days but they actually arrived in 2. You said he tried to push you around to pay more than the dutch price of the auction but you wanted him to pay to ship it to two locations. You never did answer how the animals arrived at the other location. I’m not saying that the shipping method isn’t a mistake and that is should have taken that long, I’m just saying we’re getting the run around by you and regardless, you failed to contact him and follow his directions.

I think the bottom line here is he sent you what you paid for. If they arrived in bad condition, you needed to contact Duane immediately which you did not do. It’s not Duane’s fault you failed to follow his directions. Rather than follow his instructions, you did the opposite, supposedly on the recommendation for someone else. That isn’t Duane’s fault. If the packages took longer to arrive than they were supposed to, that’s a problem. If it was delayed due to the error of the USPS, that’s not Duane’s fault and you needed to be in touch with him as soon as they arrived to let him know of any problems. If they weren’t sent overnight, they really should have been (but you really still should have been in contact with him immediately). Did you ask for alternate shipping options? If you did not like how he wanted to ship, you should have requested another method. I always ask how they are being shipped and if I’m not happy, I ask for other methods to be arranged. As we’ve said, you need to sit down (together so we only have to read a single post, not multiple contradictory posts), get your story straight and together post a coherent explanation of all of our questions and comments and explain why you’ve changed your story so many times if you have any hope of us taking you seriously.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!