Bad Guy Dav Kaufman - Beware - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #61
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by henningreptiles View Post
I saw Mr. Kaufman at the Iowa Reptile show selling animals that are illegal to the state. Everyone in the reptile hobby needs to be careful about everything they do. Things are getting real sloppy real fast.
If you're going to level this kind of accusation it's probably best to share specifics such as which show (date) and which species you thought you saw.

Iowa code §717F.1-.13 prohibits:

Quote:
(8) A member of the order crocodilia, including but not limited to alligators, caimans, crocodiles, and gharials.

(9) A member of the family varanidae of the order squamata, which are limited to water monitors and crocodile monitors.

(10) A member of the order squamata which is any of the following:

(a) A member of the family varanidae, which are limited to water monitors and crocodile monitors.

(b) A member of the family atractaspidae, including but not limited to mole vipers and burrowing asps.

(c) A member of the family helodermatidae, including but not limited to beaded lizards and gila monsters.

(d) A member of the family elapidae, voperidae, crotalidae, atractaspidae, or hydrophidae which are venomous, including but not limited to cobras, mambas, coral snakes, kraits, adders, vipers, rattlesnakes, copperheads, pit vipers, keelbacks, cottonmouths, and sea snakes.

(e) A member of the superfamily henophidia, which are limited to reticulated pythons, anacondas, and African rock pythons.
It also looks like Iowa natives (481A.42), other than garters (not specified as to species) are prohibited - Iowa Administrative Code (571 IAC 76.1).

Old 09-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #62
Randy F
Here is where I purchased it from him
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #63
Randy F
Ophis entertainment is his business for the movies. If you look at the original ad it is listed and say all money will be going to make helpers 3....... Not 10% of all money will go to the making of. Funny that my payment went directly to his business huh? I really hope it is not just a twisted tail of lies. Just have to wonder now if he just needed the cash for his movie so figured he could fudge it and get away with it. Then when I came calling a year ago it was a "trade" because it was the first thing that came to his mind. Then now he couldn't remember how much or that he said trade so it quickly became "broker" and so on? I really hope not. I was just annoyed that he would not return text messages or deal with it, but as soon as I say boi he jumped right in both times. When I had an issue of the same sort a month ago, I talked to the guy everyday making sure when and where we were going to meet and such.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #64
Randy F
So there are 17 members reading now, why don't you guys put your two cents in to what would make this a positive solution to you guys if you were in my shoes?

Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #65
MrTPlush
Honestly I would try to refrain from making anymore assumptions(whether they seem accurate or not) until he makes whatever comments he wants to make tonight.

Hopefully he sheds some light on the situation and not just repeat what he said in the texts before. I have to imagine he wants to make things right by coming on here to talk.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #66
CwnAnnwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
So there are 17 members reading now, why don't you guys put your two cents in to what would make this a positive solution to you guys if you were in my shoes?
I understand this has got you bothered. But honestly, there is nothing you could have done. But since you are going to worry about this. I honestly would drop the whole thing. I would post the BOI, I would state what happen. I would write the whole thing off and move on. I would demand the money back, but lets face facts, if that was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

1545 dollars is a lot of money, but it is not worth the frustration. I would go see a movie, get outside and enjoy life. I would not hover around this forum waiting for a person that has already held up 2 years of your life. Go enjoy your snakes, enjoy your life.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #67
Randy F
see that's what I have already figured with his texts. I am just curious now what others think would have been the right thing to do? I know what I did and Brian Barczyk along with another member that posted on here. Maybe people reading this will get a better sense of what people would do. Should he choose to do one that's his call.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #68
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
Because what would make us happy is unimportant. What counts is what it would take to make you a satisfied customer.
While it might be a good courtroom type tactic to get everyone started on all the extra stuff they might ask for, a fair resolution is a reasonable request that relates to what transpired that would make you, personally, satisfied with the outcome.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #69
ORTALLERICO
I see that you sent the money to Ophis Entertainment, that's Mr. Kaufman's so called Entertainment label. Here is the facebook link. Looks like he has no problem with money. Maybe he can make this right by Randy by giving him some of the money he has made from all these videos. This an ethics problem that is for some reason tolerated and in our community, this BIO post is not enough in my opinion. An apology and the money back for wasted time and a failed project would be suffice.

https://www.facebook.com/HerpersTV

Old 09-16-2015, 09:03 PM   #70
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Because what would make us happy is unimportant. What counts is what it would take to make you a satisfied customer.
While it might be a good courtroom type tactic to get everyone started on all the extra stuff they might ask for, a fair resolution is a reasonable request that relates to what transpired that would make you, personally, satisfied with the outcome.
no my thing is everyone says make people responsible and call them out....then we say "write it off?" So if no-one is willing to speak up and say what people should do why do we try and call out scammers and such? I was man enough to call myself out when I over reacted to someones (what I considered) immediate attack. I told everyone I was wrong in my words, but I did the right thing. Should I have just said write a boi and you will get told write it off instead of what a solution should be expected by the people in this actual hobby? Anyone who knows me knows I have come up with topics for years trying to get people to talk in the ball python community. People are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what we think is right. Why don't we get a set standards by what people think should happen as a guideline for sales on fauna? He will do what he already has his mind made up on no matter what anyones says. This is my first bad guy boi ever so why not make some good use out of it too since it would relate to this thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!