Bad Guy Joe Schmidt – STOLE MY SNAKES - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #61
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUSS View Post
All,

I would like to thank everybody for their input into this situation. I have been in contact with Joe Schmidt since the start of this thread, and we have finally worked out a resolution to this.

He will be returning the albino male to me. It seems the het albino female died, I’m not sure how (that is a loss to everybody). Essentially we will be splitting the loss on this whole mess.

We have both agreed that our temperaments got the better of us and hindered our communication between one another.

Joe said he will be sending another animal back with the albino male as a gesture of generosity.

But all in all, we have come to a mutual agreement to end this ordeal with a resolution that seems to work out for both of us.

Again thank you all for your input and advice.

Thank you,
Joe Russell
Just curious... not to muck up your pending resolution, but did Joe S ever provide proof the het female died?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #62
Jadenkisses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Just curious... not to muck up your pending resolution, but did Joe S ever provide proof the het female died?
Ya know, I was thinking the same exact thing. If he hasn't provide any proof, who's to say the snake isn't alive and he's just trying to keep it.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #63
chamgirl99471
In one of the other posts Mr. Russell stated that he never provided proof that it did actually die!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #64
josephschmidt
HERE IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

Hello all. First off IDE like to appologize to everyone for having being drawn into a personal situation that has absolutly no reason for being posted here. This is clearly a detailed private matter that has now been made public from one point of view minus afew major key details that have been left out to make me out to be a "bad guy" if you will.
So this dramatized highschool situation finaly has some clearity for those that have obviously noticed that there is more to the story. here is the truth about the situation. It's very simple.

A man named Joe Russell post an ad on kingsnake .com offering 1.0 anery male 1.0 albino male 0.1 het albino and 0.1 normal female.
I purchase minus irelavant details
The albino male and the two females.
Apon arrival (between 930-10 am 5/14) I quickly make sure the snakes are alive an write Joe Russell a quick email saying how they showed up a little early alive skinny but none the less alive. And that the female het albino I was told was gravid was definatly not gravid but the normal female was infact gravid and I was told by Joe that he had seen a visual copulation between this normal and his anery. Which at this time was important for me to know because there is two lines of "anery" that were not proven comparable both of which I am working with.
I do not hear back from Joe after this email. So I then go about my business putting setting up these animals in quarantine and moving on with my day. Later in the day/evening after my day is over and I have time to sit down and actually look over my new snake purchase I notice that this male is having serious problems. I then write Joe this email

To: Joe R. <jreptiles4@hotmail.com>
Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 8:44:51 PM
Subject: Re: Message about: Hognose Collection for Sale

Hi joe,

Hey i hate to be the baror of bad news but there is something wrong with this male albino.
in observing him over the last few hours I've noticed he has something going on with his mouth. he noticeably is flicking his tongue abnormally and consistently opens his mouth and has an over abundance of saliva. almost like some sort of "RI". he is also very thin. i defiantly like the snake and would love to keep him in my collection but the animal in general doesn't seem to be in optimal health, i don't have the time or money to take him to a vet. ide like to return the one animal (paid $500.00 sent through pay-pal) and ship him back Monday for Tuesday delivery. ill gladly cover the shipping cost for him to be returned to you. I would also like to buy the animal back after he is in better health.
thank you in advance for your cooperation,...................................... ...........................................
I then over the next several days write him multiple emails similar to this one call him and leave him messages both on the cell phone number I was provided with and the number on the box he shipped with. On 5/16 I write Joe an email telling him that if he dosnt respond to my actions that I would be going about my despute with my purchase legaly. I then contact Paypal and tell them what happened they advise me that they only deal with eBay in this kind of case and that I should contact my bank.
I then contact my bank and despute the charges. They issue me a temporary dollar amount for the two animals I wanted to return for the simple reason of them not being as they described. Which was health feeding and gravid. Neither snake was healthy by any means nor were they eating or was the female gravid.

I then several weeks later get an email from Joe Russell obviously after the bank got his attention have these email exchanges with him.
(i appologize please ready these starting at the bottom.)

"" I am not responsible for your inability to care for snakes. They were healthy when they left my possesion. If they parish while in your care, then that is your fault.

No respectful breeder will take responsibility for poor husbandry on the part of the buyer.

Dont threaten me, I don't usually deal with kids, but you slipped through the cracks on this one.

Bye.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:18:38 -0700
To: jreptiles4@hotmail.com

There's no threat at all just guarantee if we were face to face you wouldn't be calling me childish names. Calling me a "joke" or "idiot" is not how adults deal with a situation. So save your name calling. Trust me I'm no idiot! Just send me an address and date to return your merchandise find a new person to rip off and turn the page on this chapter.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2010, at 7:03 PM, Joe R. <jreptiles4@hotmail.com> wrote:

interesting, now you want to threaten me. you are an idiot.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:01:07 -0700

Save your personal bs.
Trust me pal if I was up on your face I wouldn't be the joke!
Now send me an address to send your f-ing snakes.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2010, at 6:47 PM, Joe R. <jreptiles4@hotmail.com> wrote:

you are a joke... nothing more.

good lucking billing me for your inability to care for snakes.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:36:42 -0700

I told you I was unhappy with the animals I received from you the same day I got them just later that night. After observing them they were obviously not in good shape. You told me they were healthy and eating. I have yet to get the male albino to eat. he is not healthy nor is the female you claim to be a gravid het albino. She was not gravid and also has yet to eat. Both snakes are unhealthy and not as you discribed. I asked to send them back you ignored me. That's funny how you call me a scam artist yet you are the one pulling a scam selling sick shit quality animals and trying to pas off a $30 snake as an anery. You did it to another friend of mine and when he started showing pics of the same animal you stopes writing just like you did to me. Maybe if i was a dumb kid you could have passed ur sick shit off to me but unlucky for you I'm not. I've already gotten my money back from my bank and you didn't even send me a recipt for my purchase or any kind of genetic guarantee that the het is anything but a normal. Soooo in a nutshell. You sell me shit snakes with out any type of paperwork what so ever. Then I write an email asking what line anery you are working with and you then ignore that(because it's a damn lie). Then I write another email telling you there is a problem. You again ignore me... I then write you several emails telling you the snakes are sick in bad health and néed to be sent back and that if you didn't respond I was going to take legal action to get my money back for the garbage you sent me. Which I now have. I would have loved and would still love to send back YOUR snakes you need to confirm a shipping date for me to ship. Now that I've got your attention I will also tell you to hurry and give me that date or I will start billing you for the husbandry.
There is no buyers remorse. I simply didn't get what I paid for.

""If you are one of the largest breeders of this morph, why has nobody heard of you?""

Lol. And you are??
Regards- Joseph schmidt

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2010, at 5:47 PM, Joe R. <jreptiles4@hotmail.com> wrote:

I believe its considered fraud to try to get money back for a product you have purchased, without returning the products.

At this point I'm sure you have eggs from them as well, so you'll make even more money from the great deal you got from me. I think you are nothing more than a scam artist. If you are one of the largest breeders of this morph, why has nobody heard of you?

I should have known better and just ignored you from the beginning.

You confirm you get the snakes and in good health, then you suddenly want your money back a month later? Sounds like a scam to me. I am not responsible for your buyers remorse........................................... ...................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I hate drama and I don't do business like this. I have made a friend out of almost every person I have incountered in life and am a good guy and a very enthusiastic hobbiest.
In my defence to my self I say this... In the begining of this I was the good guy doing things the respectful way. I mean seriously I even offered to buy the sick snake back after it was back in good health. I even offered to ship back with my own money. I then made multiple attempts to confirm a shipping date and that I needed an address to ship his animals back. I wasn't going to just send them to sit on a hot doorstep in the middle of the summer.

I never one time got the female het albino to eat a single meal and despite all my efforts she died. That was not my fault. The male albino that I complained has a nerological problem I got turned around and was definatly sick with a respatory infection I took him to a vet and worked my butt off getting him to eat. Really the only way to get him to eat is by feeding him small mice that are completely soaked in water. he drinks off it with his head back opens his mouth and eats.
Guaranteed He still right now has a very clear problem that is just as described in my email complaining about the situation the first day he showed up. Joe has this male posted for sale on kingsnake.com right now. I advise anyone interested in this animal be advised.
I have sent this male snake back to Joe along with a female I had held back for myself because I simply don't care about money or drama I just want this to finally be over and to show the truth. I live a great life and have a rediculace amount of fun playing with snakes. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm very very passionate about my animals and my reputation is very important to me to be a good guy. This whole thing could have been handled with out making a scene or any of this nonscence.
I'm not writing this to say who is wrong or who is right or say pick a side. Simply to give a little bit of clearity and stand up for the fact that I'm not the a bad guy.

Thanks- Joe

Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #65
Bobby Douglass
So did you ever send him any snakes back?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #66
josephschmidt
yea i sent him back the albino male and a hold back female i was keeping for myself. he has the messed up albino male posted on kingsnake.com right now to rip someone else off with.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #67
David Scarboro
Have you got tracking info for the pkg you sent back to him?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #68
josephschmidt
i looked for it but cant seem to find it. he definatly got the animal plus an exeptional holdback female. i looked for a link to copy and paste but looks like his ads have been removed. lol weird...=/ ive been watching them for weeks.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #69
Ameivaboy
If Joe schmidt didnt send the snakes don't you think the OP would have came back on here saying that he did not get the snakes?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #70
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephschmidt View Post
yea i sent him back the albino male and a hold back female i was keeping for myself. he has the messed up albino male posted on kingsnake.com right now to rip someone else off with.
Is it the same one that you were trying to sell for $500 like he was claiming?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!