Jeff Ronne - Boaphile Plastics - BAD GUY - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #61
jglass38
I apologize for contributing negatively to this thread. Lets bring it back on topic to Jeff and whether he makes good on his promise to replace the defective cages. Best of luck Jeremiah!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #62
MorphCapital
Thanks

Thanks, I hope so too.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #63
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
You cannot be THAT short sighted, can you? Every single person out there who does any sort of retail business will have nay sayers. This is certainly a case in point. If I were to follow your logic then I would not be able to shop anywhere. Period.

My point is quite simple. When it comes to where I spend my money I will go with the vendor to whom I believe has given the best product with the least amount of problems time and time again. For that matter, I guarantee you that you guys do the same. But then again what do I know? It's not like I advertise for a competitor on my website, is it?

Griz

PS Not sure if Jeff's backside stinks or not. Never really gotten that close.
Shortsighted? Now you are trying to be prophetic, good thing I had me eyes lazered.

Look, my point is simple, those that he does not communicate with and there ends up being a problem are the ones that get to be nay sayers. Those that have a good transaction and are happy with how things turned out are allowed to back up Jeff. My experience was as Jeremiah's, very poor. Yours, along with a few others, here had a positive dealing, thus you will back them up. Being hard-headed does not change another's mind, nor do the hard-headed allow their minds to be changed so easily. But what do I know? Shop where you like.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #64
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
There are enough people who have had problems for me to steer clear of him. You say its the minority. I say, the fact that it is any is a problem.
Better not buy a Mercedes, GM, Toyota, Chrysler, Dodge, any GM brand, Nissan, Hyundai, any Ford brand (including Volvo, and Jaguar), Lexus, Accura, Infiniti, Audi, VW, BMW, Maserati, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Mazda, etc, because they all have their share of problems and complainers who will "never buy again".

I have an old "Fred Flintstone Mobile" for ya.

J/K of course my friend. But in any large scale operation there are going to be complaints. I have a Mercedes (actually it is my wife's vehicle, I drive a pickup). The battery died on Saturday and we called Mercedes Tele-Aid. Now when you pay for a Mercedes you pay for service and quality both. The little things like the service adviser being ready for you with the paperwork at the appointed time so you can sign and the keys for the loaner which is parked right outside and already heated or cooled depending on the season. It's very nice. Well, when the battery died, the sound system reset and it needed a code to make it work. The Mercedes USA computer that the tech had available to him had a four digit code and the unit required a five digit code. My poor wife was without her factory sound and navigation system for two days. This morning they insisted at the dealership by phone that the four digit code was all they had. So I called Mercedes USA and complained and they called Germany, found out that it had been a computer error, the first digit had been dropped, called me back, and all is well. Was that a problem? How do you define "problem"? Maybe you think that when you pay all that money for a Mercedes they ought to be able to get that code for you right away. Maybe two days without sound or navigation (which may well have deactivated other features like remote lock out service, etc,) is not so bad. But it would be "any" issue. Will that make me not buy a Mercedes again? Not necessarily. Next time we're in the market for a vehicle of the type they sell we'll look at them. Our experiences are mostly positive as are those of most Mercedes owners. But do a search and you will surely find people who will NEVER buy from them again. My point is that if Jeff has 98-99% customer satisfaction, it sucks for the 1-2%, and he should work on it, but it doesn't mean he isn't worth considering.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #65
MorphCapital
Reply to Jim

In a lot of ways that is true but if he doesn’t "right the wrong", even if its just 2%, it is still wrong.

It’s easy to say what you’re saying from an outside view, but if you were in the 2%, would you just simply write it off as a nay sayer's view not to be considered?

Hopefully he will send a replacement cage for the damaged one.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #66
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Shortsighted? Now you are trying to be prophetic, good thing I had me eyes lazered.

Look, my point is simple, those that he does not communicate with and there ends up being a problem are the ones that get to be nay sayers. Those that have a good transaction and are happy with how things turned out are allowed to back up Jeff. My experience was as Jeremiah's, very poor. Yours, along with a few others, here had a positive dealing, thus you will back them up. Being hard-headed does not change another's mind, nor do the hard-headed allow their minds to be changed so easily. But what do I know? Shop where you like.
Michael, you and I don't disagree here for the most part. Whereas you lend more credence, with regards to where you will spend your hard earned dollars, on the backs of those who had poor experiences (yourself included), I choose to use the positives as my basis for where I spend my money.

I had a very highly rated Fauna guy sell me some much needed equipment. Everyone spoke the praises of this individual. Well, long story short, the 1 week turnaround time turned into 2 months!!! Phone calls were not returned nor were emails. I was hot to say the least and even inquired with several other Fauna members to help me out. So, when 6 months later rolled around and I need more equipment, I had to debate on where to spend my money. This individuals reputation, despite my own experience, was still almost perfect. Guess who I gave a second chance to? Only this time, that person did not let me down nor have they on any other order I have placed through them.

We all have bad days. The law of large numbers, as well as the ole saying "you only hear the bad things", will tell you that in a case like Jeff's (with the volume he has) you are bound to see a few more problems. That's because of the sheer volume he has. But, I have been part of that 99.5% of customers who were satisfied and even if I hadn't, I would still give him a second chance. He's not a scammer. He's not dishonest. He's simply a very busy man doing the very best he can. And his "best" has always far exceeded my expectations. And that, my friend, is the norm.

Griz

Old 10-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #67
juggalo
Jeremiah I just want to say thanks you could have kept this whole thing to yourself and not forwarned anyone of your problems and then I might have ordered my cage and maybe all would have been fine but if I would have the same problem I would have been on the phone and e-mail nonstop at 5 week and 1 day point until I had my cages as I said earlier i don't have a whole lot of money because the family and bills come first but when I do splurge on something snake related I want it not a bunch of broken promises and ignored e-mails.

So you saved me from possibly being the next victim of bad customer service. No matter what anyone here says you were not wrong to bring this up.You were patient and gave Jeff the chance and until you posted this thread you got no response so here's to you and I hope it does not take long for your replacement to show up I it must suck if you really needed that cage for a snake without a cage.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #68
MorphCapital
Reply to Sam

Sam,

Thanks for the support; I hope too that Jeff comes through with the replacement cage as promised.

I'm glad that the BOI is here.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #69
juggalo
it should read "I know it must suck"sorry

Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #70
Zx7trev
You should

at least change the title of your thread. You may have had a bad experience, but calling him a bad guy is out of line. You are seeing here many satisfied customers. I am also one. I have purchased in excess of 20 cages from him, and am planning to order another 10. I have recieved 1 that arrived damamged from shipping, and I had a replacement within two weeks. All on Jeff's dime. He hasn't alwyas been easy to reach, but i called him last week to see how busy he was, so I could place a new order, and he said he was "just now catching up" so I think you just got into a busy time for them. Keep in mind, he is pretty much a one man operation. Your getting quality caging for better prices than any other place out there...bashing the guy personally is just poor taste. You'll be made right in the next couple of weeks I am certain.

Shawn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!