Jeff Gee -Captive Bred wildlife foundation- Bad Businessman - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #61
VFR!
Mike,

I'm really sorry for what happened to you and am glad you are managing this situation as you are. I know if I was in your shoes I would be very stressed. $8k is a lot of money! I find it sad for someone to take $8,000 of someone hard earn money, sell them something completely fake and to try and make up for it by offering boas that are really only worth $400 to $500 in the real world and then try to state that they still practice good business. I think we all need to put ourselves in your shoes because it can happen to any of us and I don’t know about everyone else, but $8k is a lot for me to spend and if I invest that money hoping I can make something back, with the discrepancy that occurred, it would really put a dent generally in my life. So why I am sorry for what occurred to you, I hope people benefit by this incident and learn that some people though they make guarantees, they can’t back them up and it will be you that gets screwed over while your money gets spent. Last, what bothers me is that Jeff stated that he used your funds to start other projects so it would bother me to know that Jeff may be making money off those projects he purchased with your money. Mike stay positive and try to keep this post open so at the least people become aware of the threats in our hobby.

Thanks,
Angel

Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 AM   #62
Premium Reptiles
Pfff Mike,

I feel very sorry for you but I think you forget something very important. You´ve invested 8000$ a long time ago and had 2 clutches without any Leopards, Albino´s or Leopard Albino´s. I think that he has to pay alle these costs of the income that you will never have.

1.1. Adult Animals ¨DH Leopard Albino¨
0.0.40 Baby Boa´s that had to be ¨Albino 66% het Leopard¨, Leopard 66% het Albino, Leopard Albino, 66% DH Leopard Albino

Can you do the math?

Regards and good luck

Steve

Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #63
Junkyard
I am not vouching for Jeff. I am not a close friend to Jeff, I made a small purchase and spent time talking to him on the phone, I would surprised if he even remembers me. I was one of the first people Jeff offered to sell a pair of these boas to, he was still waiting for them to arrive. I was informed how much money he paid for them to come out of Europe. Jeff was giddy, to say the least, with excitement to be able to get these boas in and be able to produce the first albino leopards in the USA. I had the money at the time and decided to not buy a pair, honestly, it seemed too good to be true and was a bit bummed I did not take the chance.

Jeff was taken, we have all been taken, but this is a big deal and a lot of money to lose between three people who forked out a lot. So what is the solution?

A) Take Jeff to court

B) Take the hypos, breed and sell to recoup money lost

C) Take it as a loss

D) All of the above

This thread will ding Jeff's reputation, he is not happy about it, but that is due to his own mistakes. To have a guarantee that he cannot hold too, sounds like a TSE situation. That is damaging enough as it is. Jeff can state he was just a middleman, but he guaranteed these animals because he trusted someone else, then sold them.

Personally, I have seen Jeff's hypos and think that with a breeding or two, one can recoup their losses. Maybe not at Gee's face value, he at least owes you market value and not name brand value. Though that is not my decision to make.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #64
Combs69
I have talked with a few lawyers, and its hard to convince any of them it would be worth thier while.
I agree there is more then meets the eye as far as loss and damages go.
But he says he cant even pay back the 8k im sure he cant pay back any more then that. (yea right)
As far as his hypos go, they are nice looking boas, but no where near what he thinks they are worth.
I think he just dont want to pay because he knows he dont have to, and will probally get away with it.
Its real low class in my book.
I dont care where he got them, when you make a gurantee to me and i spend 8k with you..back it up!
If this thread hurts his business
I email him once and while to see if he is ready to do the right thing, but no...he is not.
He is also offering some dh albino leopards that he is supposedly making himself, but..no thanks..a little late for that...he told me to keep it nice and everything will be "ok".. so i better do that
Thats the way it is. Live and learn so they say.
Im sure when any one wo is considering doing business with him googles "jeff gee captive bred wildlife foundation" they will notice the 1st thing that comes up.
Maybe i should take the hypos, or some torts but I dont feel like getting rid of mites again, or having them brought into my collection.

At the end of the day, i know what comes around goes around..and I truly hope he can come to realise the thing to do, is refund my money.
I also lost another 5k that year from another boa investment , but whos counting.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #65
DaveyFig
Maybe he should send you the animals he plans to make dh albino leopards with.Since what you paid for were animals that could produce albino leaopards, the least he could do is send you the animals to make hets right?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #66
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combs69
I have talked with a few lawyers, and its hard to convince any of them it would be worth thier while.
I agree there is more then meets the eye as far as loss and damages go.
But he says he cant even pay back the 8k im sure he cant pay back any more then that. (yea right)
As far as his hypos go, they are nice looking boas, but no where near what he thinks they are worth.
I think he just dont want to pay because he knows he dont have to, and will probally get away with it.
Its real low class in my book.
I dont care where he got them, when you make a gurantee to me and i spend 8k with you..back it up!
If this thread hurts his business
I email him once and while to see if he is ready to do the right thing, but no...he is not.
He is also offering some dh albino leopards that he is supposedly making himself, but..no thanks..a little late for that...he told me to keep it nice and everything will be "ok".. so i better do that
Thats the way it is. Live and learn so they say.
Im sure when any one wo is considering doing business with him googles "jeff gee captive bred wildlife foundation" they will notice the 1st thing that comes up.
Maybe i should take the hypos, or some torts but I dont feel like getting rid of mites again, or having them brought into my collection.

At the end of the day, i know what comes around goes around..and I truly hope he can come to realise the thing to do, is refund my money.
I also lost another 5k that year from another boa investment , but whos counting.

I would rather deal with mites, than be out 8K
You can easily quarantine them until its safe.
JMHO

Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #67
Premium Reptiles
In my opinion you were very polite for a long time but now it´s time for some action. Beside the lawyers there are also street rules and take what´s yours during the next fair. It maybe sounds very streetwise but hey you´ve tried nealry everything.

Again I admire your patience

Regards

Steve

Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #68
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium Reptiles
In my opinion you were very polite for a long time but now it´s time for some action. Beside the lawyers there are also street rules and take what´s yours during the next fair. It maybe sounds very streetwise but hey you´ve tried nealry everything.

Again I admire your patience

Regards

Steve
Should we form a posse and go after Jeff? Sounds reasonable, especially when Jeff returns fire and puts Greg in jail for following street rules.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #69
Premium Reptiles
I am not talking about a posse I am talking about ¨taking¨ back what is yours

Regards

Steve

Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #70
Junkyard
Okay explain to me how Greg should go about taking his money back? You seem to know the rules of the street. If Jeff does not have $8,000 tucked away than how does Greg get it back?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!