Having trouble with Kingsnake.com Help Please!! Sorry, kind of long - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:48 PM   #61
Adam Block
Well, you're a little off, you must have been the kid asking "can you say that again, slower" while I was in dention. There isn't two days of emails there but you must have missed the times. There was an exchange over 1 hours time and the ads had already been deleted there wasn't anything that I had to do or had missed on my end.

What I'd asked was how I could word the ad so it fell into the TOS. Although what I really asked was for Jeff to cut the **** and tell me if he would let me post that ad even if I found a way that wasn't against his huge TOS.

As for what their TOS says. I once had a job that made you sign this thing. It said if you didn't show up for work and were fired they only had to pay you 50% of your last check. Being 16 I of course did those things and when I went in to get that lst check it was only 50%. I'm sure this worked for most but I told them if they didn't get me the rest of the funds I would inform the Department of Labor. Of course she cut me a cheak right there.

Also, my terms page says I'm a VERY slow shipper. However, while my dealing with Ken fell into those lines it didn't make it okay.

So are you saying if you warn somebody it's okay or are you say that cops in small towns are above the law? Either way there comes a day you have to account for your actions as we all have. Jeff's day has just been long overdue. He's got people scared to talk bad about him because he'll make the mear mention of their name reason to delete all and any ad on his site. He'll ban your ISP, take your account away and being the big dog he thinks he can.

Do any of you see this as troubling?

Adam Block

Old 12-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #62
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamBlock
Well, you're a little off, you must have been the kid asking "can you say that again, slower" while I was in dention. There isn't two days of emails there but you must have missed the times. There was an exchange over 1 hours time and the ads had already been deleted there wasn't anything that I had to do or had missed on my end.

What I'd asked was how I could word the ad so it fell into the TOS. Although what I really asked was for Jeff to cut the **** and tell me if he would let me post that ad even if I found a way that wasn't against his huge TOS.

As for what their TOS says. I once had a job that made you sign this thing. It said if you didn't show up for work and were fired they only had to pay you 50% of your last check. Being 16 I of course did those things and when I went in to get that lst check it was only 50%. I'm sure this worked for most but I told them if they didn't get me the rest of the funds I would inform the Department of Labor. Of course she cut me a cheak right there.

Also, my terms page says I'm a VERY slow shipper. However, while my dealing with Ken fell into those lines it didn't make it okay.

So are you saying if you warn somebody it's okay or are you say that cops in small towns are above the law? Either way there comes a day you have to account for your actions as we all have. Jeff's day has just been long overdue. He's got people scared to talk bad about him because he'll make the mear mention of their name reason to delete all and any ad on his site. He'll ban your ISP, take your account away and being the big dog he thinks he can.

Adam Block
The emails are dated the 17th and the 18th. I apologize if there is any confusion. Your post has left out very important areas as you really did not say anything except the same babble we have seen before.

You violated various areas of the TOS that you are legally bound to... whether or not you read/kept up with the changes is not the case.

Do you deny breaking the rules stated in the TOS? Your own website that you created shows you repeatedly broke their rules.

There are many people out there like you. When you do not get your way, you attempt to twist reality into your own devices.. but... a legally binding aggreement can't really be twisted in your favor.

I await your response.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:28 PM   #63
Fred Albury
***Flurry of pink pom-poms* Part 1

"And the Cheerleaders arrive, and not a moment to soon either"

Some things are, well they are well nigh

*PREDICTABLE*

Enough said,

Fred Albury
AZTEC REPTILES

Old 12-19-2002, 11:30 PM   #64
dwedeking
Quote:
Nope.

I NEVER rely on a single source of sales leads.

Kingsnake.com is a system. The legal machine in the US is a system. You either learn to work within the system and make it work FOR you or it WORKS you. Your unemployed, a slow shipper, and booted off kingsnake. A pattern of the system working you?

Adam, your spending a lot of energy fighting a system that won't change. An alternative site may come along to replace kingsnake.com but I highly doubt YOUR going to make Jeff see your side of this and change the way his site is run.

Why don't you take that pent up frustration and build an alternative site to provide herp fanatics with a place other than kingsnake.com since you feel Jeff is running it into the ground.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:43 PM   #65
Adam Block
Scott, are you the same guy with all the puking snakes? I doubt you would be and then come preaching to me but the name rang a bell, a bell that sounds like it has a big crack running from one end to the other.

Quote:
Do you deny breaking the rules stated in the TOS? Your own website that you created shows you repeatedly broke their rules.
Nope I sure don't, never have for that matter. But that wasn't why my account was deleted now was it? I was warned and like I've said 15 times, I took heed as I knew Jeff and his reputation.

Adam Block

PS Scott, don't come lookin in my back yard when you got a lot of cleanin to do in your own!

PPS Can anybody help me out with info on Jeff or the people he has moderating his forums? I've heard some pretty scary things and would like to get info up on the type of people Jeff endorses.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:49 PM   #66
Russ Lockenwitz
Consumer Watchdog...Adam Block

Adam a few questions for you?

1) Why Were you so worried about people getting "ripped off"?
2) Weren't you at one time selling these products for profit? I actually sent 10-15 people to you for sipper tops...
3) What was the $10 donation being used for after you gave out the list? I really don't care but if you wanted to help people why not just give it out to them for free.
4) Didn't you know that you would get that type of response from Jeff B?

Perhaps sometimes people don't mind paying extra for customer service!

On another note, I am not aware off all that has transpired with you or anyone for that matter with Jeff B. But in his defense I will say that at least once a day I get people that questions my prices and policies. My response is similar to Jeff's.....I just choose not to do business with them and to me that is the road that Jeff has taken.....I don't know I just find it funny that you knew what would happen if you provoked or questioned him and you chose to do so anyway. Kind of like the kid that kicks the dog until it bites him and then runs and tells mommy.

Food for thought I guess.....Russ Lockenwitz

Old 12-20-2002, 12:06 AM   #67
Adam Block
Quote:
1) Why Were you so worried about people getting "ripped off"?
Well, are you all for people getting ripped off? The point of this board is to help people not get ripped off? That question sound like one from a person that does the ripping.
Quote:
2) Weren't you at one time selling these products for profit? I actually sent 10-15 people to you for sipper tops...
Yes I was, then it dawned on me how selfish and stupid that was so I offered it for cost to help them save time and money.
Quote:
3) What was the $10 donation being used for after you gave out the list? I really don't care but if you wanted to help people why not just give it out to them for free.
The information was free for sometime. Then I posted an ad and got a flurry of pissed people emailing me. The solution for that time was to ask for a donation as most of the emails were worried about the public being able to just see the information. As anybody with a site knows there are costs of running it, such as my hosting fees. I didn't want the money but I thought I would apply it to that.
Quote:
4) Didn't you know that you would get that type of response from Jeff B?
If you're asking me if I knew Jeff was quick to delete people accounts the answer is yes. However, Jeef seems to have a business founded on people walking around on eggshells. Don't offend his ego, don't say the wrong thing, don't question anything. I wasn't going to do that anymore so Jeff cut what had been another loyal customer loose as that's been his MO and easier then accounting for his actions.

Hope that helps,
Adam Block

PS Can you read the whole post before asking questions that have been addressed please.

Old 12-20-2002, 12:20 AM   #68
Russ Lockenwitz
Yup that's me....Russ the rip off artist.......Wow, I didn't know how I do it.....People are just gluttens for punishment......They must love getting ripped off....How in the world do I keep selling all of these Vision Cages? Come on man give me a break, that first response was LAME!

You though it was selfish.....What is every company in America thought that way? There would not be any advances in anything/anywhere! Do you think Drug companies do research for the goodness of society? No they do it for PROFIT.

Profit motive is the reason that the private sector breeds more animals then the AZA. We put them to shame when it comes to private breedings of "hard" to breed species. This may be off topic but just because you felt selfish dosen't mean that others have to feel the same way. I am sure that Charles at DCL (no I don't know him) has worked hard to build a name for himself and for you to just put your list up in the fashion that you did was wrong. It seems like you felt the need to attack people for trying to make a buck.....They were/are only dong the same thing that you were trying to do just weeks/months before.

As for Jeff not accounting for his actions you might have a point but if I know that someone reacts a certain way to something, I avoid provoking said response! Oh, and just for the record I did in fact read the previous posts!

Old 12-20-2002, 12:40 AM   #69
HerpVenue
Adam,
Work the system man.
Doing what you have been doing will only attract more attention to Kingsnake.

Quote:
Well, are you all for people getting ripped off? The point of this board is to help people not get ripped off? That question sound like one from a person that does the ripping.
hey Russ is a great guy. He is honest in his dealings. He represents his animals well. He ships QUICKLY too. Although I have not bought anything from him....My friend has... and I was present for the transactions. And the ones I was not present for ..I was briefed. I have also met him and talked to him at length. He is a very helpful person. So try not to insinuate that he is a rip off.

Let it go. This is the wrong way to go about things.

Old 12-20-2002, 12:54 AM   #70
DISCERN
Adam,

Since you are so concerned about people getting ripped off, answer me this.

Years ago, you received a cape gopher from John Ginter. At the time, you didn't have the money to buy it. Ginter, being the great guy that he is, just told you to pay him back whenever you could.

Since then, I believe you have sold the snake, actually quite long ago. Unless this has happened recently, Ginter has still not been paid fo the snake.

Back when the whole sipper tube thing happened and after Neil had called you and perhaps talked some sense into you, in your apology email on the thread, you even mentioned about how you needed to pay John back.

Have you paid John back, and if you haven't, why not?

And you are whining about Jeff from Kingsnake ripping you off?

Again, I am not trying to make you look bad, but to illustrate a point.

If you are wanting to make yourself the better man and wanting to expose Kingsnake in your conspiracy theory world, then instead of being a hypocrite, be an example and

A) Pay Ginter for the snake you sold
B) Grow up and stop ruining your reputation that you have destroyed

Please, do this for yourself!

Take care!

Billy Fraser

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!