BOI sponsorships.. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #61
TripleMoonsExotic
I'm not sure if there's a difference between AdBlock and AdBlock Plus (I run Plus), but attached is a screenshot of all that I see. It's even blocking the text in the yellow bar (oddly enough, not the text in the red bar?).

Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #62
KelliH
Yes, you are right it does block most of the ads. I had FlashBlock enabled and AdBlock disabled before. It's a double edged sword, this AdBlock stuff.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #63
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Maybe you should talk to your programmer about ways to adjust the upgraded banner script so that not everything gets blocked by AdBlock? Sadly, banner advertising isn't as fruitful for the advertisers as it once was with the creation of AdBlock (which I'm guilty of using).
Well, what a war that could escalate into. First Adblocker. Then code to defeat Adblocker. Then Adblocker would come out with an upgrade to defeat the block of Adblocker. And on and on and on....

No, if people wish to block ads here, then that is up to them. Maybe I should run some sort of promotion ads offering free paid memberships to the 10th PM including the promotion code or something? A few of those and maybe people would see that the ad blockers are keeping them from some deals.... Maybe even some people using that method to offer special sales or deals themselves might be helpful. Kind of a payback for those people who are willing to help the advertisers by viewing their ads.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #64
Twizted Paths
WOW. It's a whole nother site with ad block off, I didn't even realize I had all that blocked.

TripleMoonsExotic, would you send me the link for your ff skin?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #65
TripleMoonsExotic
It's the Personas Add-On. Once you have that installed you go to Tools/Personas/All/Abstract/Abstract Splash. I'm not sure if it's different Mac versus Microsoft.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #66
Twizted Paths
That was like tossing a ferret in a room full of shinnies.

Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!