Inquiry Genefreak339 / Michael Harshbarger - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #61
ozz465
Doesn't seem like this all was intentional,believe me people sometimes you don't noticed things . no one was actually sold anything other than advertise ?? if so lets keep this thread as an educational tool and not an attack dog thread. seems like the guy is actually trying to make it better and learn from all this .

Old 08-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #62
hhmoore
Gentlemen - this is not the place to work out or discuss your pending transaction. Take it to PM, please.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #63
Genefreak339
Sorry about that. I will PM anything regarding current transactions.
-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Gentlemen - this is not the place to work out or discuss your pending transaction. Take it to PM, please.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #64
David Reid
I find it impossible to believe that the tail kinks and or tail nubs were not noticed before the ads went up. If you look at the pictures of the males, the tails are not visible in pretty much any of them. If you sex one of those animals, you are staring right at the tails, you have the tail in your hand! There is no way you would not notice a kink. Sure, I did not send any money but I wasted alot of time and a phone call on a snake or snakes that I would have had zero interest in, if the ad was upfront about their condition.

As for the Pin, I do not think anyone knows what that is, but it was being sold as an Axanthic Pin....it was offered to me as an Axanthic Pin, in trade for a nice High Dollar animal...so is it? Or, was I supposed to wait until right before I was going to ship to get an email stating it might be Axanthic, or might not be VPI line, or....?

The bottom line is, you told me you wanted to trade me your Axanthic Pinstripe. You do not even know if it is an Axanthic Pinstripe. You and I had a verbal agreement where I was going to buy two Pastel males from you, and at the last minute you informed me that you just noticed that they were flawed. And actually, if I recall correctly, you said you noticed that one had a kink. Then you sent pictures, and I asked which Pastel was the kinked one, and you said one is kinked the other has a nubbed tail! So BOTH were actually flawed...

Too many negatives, too many other guys out there where you do not have to wonder if you asked all the right questions before sending your money.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #65
Genefreak339
As far as the axanthic pin, that is what I bought it as. As for the pastels I'm so sorry you wasted a phone call! And you are right when I went to pop the snakes again I did notice the kinks and it was very noticeable! I dont know if I did not see the kink at first because I was excited. I mean come on how excited were you when your first clutch ever hatched out???? You can think what you want but bottom line is I told you about the flaw as soon as saw it and quickly sent you pics of it before you preceded with payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
I find it impossible to believe that the tail kinks and or tail nubs were not noticed before the ads went up. If you look at the pictures of the males, the tails are not visible in pretty much any of them. If you sex one of those animals, you are staring right at the tails, you have the tail in your hand! There is no way you would not notice a kink. Sure, I did not send any money but I wasted alot of time and a phone call on a snake or snakes that I would have had zero interest in, if the ad was upfront about their condition.

As for the Pin, I do not think anyone knows what that is, but it was being sold as an Axanthic Pin....it was offered to me as an Axanthic Pin, in trade for a nice High Dollar animal...so is it? Or, was I supposed to wait until right before I was going to ship to get an email stating it might be Axanthic, or might not be VPI line, or....?

The bottom line is, you told me you wanted to trade me your Axanthic Pinstripe. You do not even know if it is an Axanthic Pinstripe. You and I had a verbal agreement where I was going to buy two Pastel males from you, and at the last minute you informed me that you just noticed that they were flawed. And actually, if I recall correctly, you said you noticed that one had a kink. Then you sent pictures, and I asked which Pastel was the kinked one, and you said one is kinked the other has a nubbed tail! So BOTH were actually flawed...

Too many negatives, too many other guys out there where you do not have to wonder if you asked all the right questions before sending your money.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #66
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genefreak339 View Post
As far as the axanthic pin, that is what I bought it as. As for the pastels I'm so sorry you wasted a phone call! And you are right when I went to pop the snakes again I did notice the kinks and it was very noticeable! I dont know if I did not see the kink at first because I was excited. I mean come on how excited were you when your first clutch ever hatched out???? You can think what you want but bottom line is I told you about the flaw as soon as saw it and quickly sent you pics of it before you preceded with payment.
Your little "friend" over here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=195863

states:
Quote:
Luke9815

Name : Luke Martin

Trader Rating: (0) There is no way this snake is a month old and 342 grams. I also saw it in Daytona and know it was only sold for 1k....look at a baby axanthic pin for sale and tell me the price. I'm not trying to make anyone look bad but I don't want someone buying something as one thing and it being just a normal pinstripe that lost its color in a shed.
See how this is looking?

You just purchased a 1K animal, and by slapping an IMG tag on there...and also that same person above later cast a bit of doubt on how the IMG gene works, if you had left the AD there, somone eventually would have purchased the animal.....almost could have pulled it off.

Amazingly to me is that apparently you purchased a 1K animal and immediately tried to flip it? If money was tight why didn't you keep it in your pocket?

*please stop screaming... these: !!!! don't make your posts seem more "honest."

Old 08-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #67
drock989
Hello all,

First let me say I am the person who purchased the female mystic from micheal. She is exactly what he said she was. The weight was within 20g of the advertised weight. She ate almost immediately and is perfect in ever way. Communication was good all the way through, and he shipped when he said he was. Packing was perfect and the transaction was textbook.

Now, as far as the kinks, not all kinks are genetic. I personally hatched out a clutch of 3 eggs from a piedxhetpied pairing. It was the thrid time I bred them and the first two clutches were flawless. The kinks were caused by inconsisted temps during incubation. My helix crapped out and the temps went all out of whack. Two out of three pieds were kinked. Not genetic in any way.

I must agree with the person who said that this is pretty much an attack on someone who is really only guilty of not realizing what was goin on. Now I am fairly new to breeding and this is my 4th season. When my kinked pieds hatched out, I didn't even know what a kink was or what caused them. I put the animals up for a rediculously low price and got swarmed with emails. Some people wanted to buy them and some people critisized me for it. Once I read all the emails I opted to keep them but this is a clear example of inexperience. In all honestly, yes he did post them without mention of the kinks but he did not sell them or take money for them without disclosure of the defects. If anything maybe he needs a crash coarse on posting ads but it won't stop me from doing business with someone

Old 08-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #68
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock989 View Post
Hello all,

First let me say I am the person who purchased the female mystic from micheal. She is exactly what he said she was. The weight was within 20g of the advertised weight. She ate almost immediately and is perfect in ever way. Communication was good all the way through, and he shipped when he said he was. Packing was perfect and the transaction was textbook.

Now, as far as the kinks, not all kinks are genetic. I personally hatched out a clutch of 3 eggs from a piedxhetpied pairing. It was the thrid time I bred them and the first two clutches were flawless. The kinks were caused by inconsisted temps during incubation. My helix crapped out and the temps went all out of whack. Two out of three pieds were kinked. Not genetic in any way.

I must agree with the person who said that this is pretty much an attack on someone who is really only guilty of not realizing what was goin on. Now I am fairly new to breeding and this is my 4th season. When my kinked pieds hatched out, I didn't even know what a kink was or what caused them. I put the animals up for a rediculously low price and got swarmed with emails. Some people wanted to buy them and some people critisized me for it. Once I read all the emails I opted to keep them but this is a clear example of inexperience. In all honestly, yes he did post them without mention of the kinks but he did not sell them or take money for them without disclosure of the defects. If anything maybe he needs a crash coarse on posting ads but it won't stop me from doing business with someone
Michael produced a Mystic? How long has he actually been breeding? Some have the impression that he's "new?"

FYI: IMO, this is not an "attack" thread, this is an information thread and all are free to post their observations, opinions and suggestions. If Michael or others prefer to view the thread as an attack, that is another perogative/perspective, however...that viewpoint won't accomplish anything.

Personally, someone with nothing to hide, would welcome the FREE ADVERTISING!

Old 08-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #69
Genefreak339
ONCE AGAIN! I never said this was an IMG pin I said other breeders said it looked like one. Never did I market this snake as IMG. All I did was mention the possibility and what other breeders had told me.
-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Your little "friend" over here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=195863

states:

See how this is looking?

You just purchased a 1K animal, and by slapping an IMG tag on there...and also that same person above later cast a bit of doubt on how the IMG gene works, if you had left the AD there, somone eventually would have purchased the animal.....almost could have pulled it off.

Amazingly to me is that apparently you purchased a 1K animal and immediately tried to flip it? If money was tight why didn't you keep it in your pocket?

*please stop screaming... these: !!!! don't make your posts seem more "honest."

Old 08-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #70
Genefreak339
I would LOVE the free advertising but from people who have done business with me before. Not from someone who has a skewed perception of me because of one mistake that I made. Only time will tell and in a few years time I will look back on this thread and think WOW look where I started off and look where I am now. Look how a few people tried to make it sound like I am the worse person in the business because of one mistake that didnt hurt them or anyone else for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Michael produced a Mystic? How long has he actually been breeding? Some have the impression that he's "new?"

FYI: IMO, this is not an "attack" thread, this is an information thread and all are free to post their observations, opinions and suggestions. If Michael or others prefer to view the thread as an attack, that is another perogative/perspective, however...that viewpoint won't accomplish anything.

Personally, someone with nothing to hide, would welcome the FREE ADVERTISING!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!